2021 NFL Draft Thread

24 minutes ago, TKellion said:

Would take Davis,Big talented LBs are less abundant than little ones

Davis is 6’3, 234 pounds. Perhaps you’re thinking of Zaven Collins who is 6’4, 260 pounds.

Both about the same height but Collins weighs 26 pounds more.

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Heinicke and our 1st. Do it. 

Our @aceinthehouse who art in heaven hallowed be thy name. 

Nah, he’s going to retire and take the Jeopardy job! 😂 

OMG if we could get Aaron Rodgers - who we should’ve drafted at #9 instead of Carlos Rogers in the 2005 draft and would have at least one Super Bowl if we had - that would be amazing.

I just read that the 49ers offered the 3rd overall pick & other picks and Green Bay turned them down, so I think it’s highly unlikely that Rodgers is traded at the moment. Maybe later in the off-season, maybe next offseason, but not right now.

”It’s believed that the 49ers offered the No. 3 overall pick, quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, other players, plus draft picks to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers. Bill Michaels started the fire, attributing the report to Paul Allen of KFAN, with confirmation from others.

As we hear it, the offer was made — and rejected — last night.

A source with knowledge of the situation, however, calls the report absolutely untrue, adding that not a single call has been received on Rodgers. (It previously was reported that the Rams made a run at trading for Rodgers before trading for Matthew Stafford; the Packers denied that, too.) At least one other person in position to have knowledge regarding the situation also has denied that the 49ers tried to get Rodgers, but without going on the record.

As Josh Alper of PFT noted on an intra-company text chain, it’s surprising that the 49ers would try to trade for someone who could be dead by Sunday.

The rumor of a Rodgers trade may not die so quickly. As one source who has heard the rumor explained it, the Packers haven’t restructured Rodgers contract to maximize cap space this year due in part to the possibility that they’ll get an offer for him that they can’t refuse. As another source who hadn’t heard the rumor but found it plausible remarked, it would be interesting to know whether any of this is being instigated by Rodgers — given his frustration with his year-to-year contract status and his potential desire to get to the West Coast, a preference that could soon be enhanced by a possible offer to become the permanent host of L.A.-based Jeopardy!”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/29/report-49ers-offered-no-3-overall-pick-plus-more-for-aaron-rodgers/amp/

Edited by turtle28

25 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't know about ya'll but I'm pretty stoked the draft is finally here.

No QB in the first and I'll be happy.

Yeah because next years QB class is going to be better right? 😂 

I’m definitely excited for this years draft. The suspense of what we could do is very intriguing & the there’s a group of players projected to go around where we pick who all would make a solid impact on our team immediately.

I don’t really think we’ll trade up for a QB but I am very intrigued by the suspense of what we are going to do.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah because next years QB class is going to be better right? 😂 

I'm in the minority I know, but no QB other than Trevor Lawrence gives us a better chance at winning games than what we currently have on the roster. 

Not trying to debate, because this is only a belief. I have no facts to back anything up. I believe the staff feels the same way and thus wont be drafting a QB on day one. (I believe we wont even draft a QB at all)

One thing I do know, I'll be wearing my Sean Taylor jersey tonight and eagerly awaiting their pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

I'm in the minority I know, but no QB other than Trevor Lawrence gives us a better chance at winning games than what we currently have on the roster. 

Not trying to debate, because this is only a belief. I have no facts to back anything up. I believe the staff feels the same way and thus wont be drafting a QB on day one. (I believe we wont even draft a QB at all)

One thing I do know, I'll be wearing my Sean Taylor jersey tonight and eagerly awaiting their pick.

But that can be true this year. But going forward any one of these guys could if they fit and put in the work. That said Trevor has holes in his game that can be very concerning and he can bust just as easy as any of these other guys.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I've got my Chase Young shirsey and a lot of beer ready to go. Beer becomes bourbon depending on what happens at 19... 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

Well you don’t draft a QB for just one season. You draft them for their potential and what you hope they develop into over a few years. The potential of this years QBs - even when you take Trevor out of it - is much better than the potential of next years QB class.

None of the QBs we have on our roster have the potential of Wilson, Fields, Lance or Jones. 

I’m wearing my gold “We Are the Team” shirt that my parents got me for Christmas.

Edited by turtle28

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I've got my Chase Young shirsey and a lot of beer ready to go. Beer becomes bourbon depending on what happens at 19... 

Oh boy! It could be a wild night for you man! I hope you like the pick, but I could definitely see you not liking what they do and then hittin that bourbon 🥃 5th hard! 😂 

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh boy! It could be a wild night for you man! I hope you like the pick, but I could definitely see you not liking what they do and then hittin that bourbon 🥃 5th hard! 😂 

Honestly, I think that list is pretty low. We'll see. I think it'll be a "eh, alright" moment and I'll keep going.

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Honestly, I think that list is pretty low. We'll see. I think it'll be a "eh, alright" moment and I'll keep going.

I want to know the names that are on the “forget the ice, I’ll just hammer these neat” list. 

Not that I’m trying to manifest the future or anything...

Just now, e16bball said:

I want to know the names that are on the “forget the ice, I’ll just hammer these neat” list. 

Not that I’m trying to manifest the future or anything...

Oh man, because I do like my bourbon on the rocks... wooo boy.

One of the 2nd round tackles in the 1st round might do it because I don't think any can play LT. Drafting a Samuel clone would give me pause. Drafting Etienne or the UNC RB would do it. Friermuth would do it.