2021 NFL Draft Thread

4 hours ago, noptov52 said:

This tidbit from PFF is eye opening to me. 

It’s the reason I want JOK, it’s for his coverage. This team hasn’t had a good coverage LB since Keenan Robinson and even he wasn’t on JOK’s level. Before that you’d have to go back to like Lemar Marshall from 15 years ago and oh, by the way for all those who were wondering he played at MLB for us before we signed London Fletcher and Marshall only weighed 227 pounds.

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

They aren’t going to trade for Bridgewater, keep Lock and pick a QB. They refused to include Lock in a trade for Stafford. They’re keeping Lock. 

Agreed, they’re trying to find competition for the starting job buts clear they want Lock to be the long term answer. This is the 2nd time they refused to trade Lock this offseason.

1 hour ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Does Caleb Farley’s COVID-19 diagnosis hurt his draft stock? This is actually a serious question.

His back issues are going to hurt his draft stock big time. I could see him falling to the late second-early third. He has serious, serious back issues. 

• Like 2

Just now, lavar703 said:

His back issues are going to hurt his draft stock big time. I could see him falling to the late second-early third. He has serious, serious back issues. 

Yeah, it’s really sad. He was almost guaranteed to be a top 10 pick before this back injury. It’s so sad.

Current odds for WFT's first round pick. I'm thinking they will draft Darrisaw if he falls or a surprise in Teven Jenkins/Samuel Cosmi. 

ROT POSITION OF FIRST DRAFTED PLAYER - WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM MONEYLINE
16251 Quarterback     +400
16252 Wide Receiver     +900
16253 Linebacker     +300
16254 Offensive Lineman     +125
16255 Defensive Lineman     +3500
16256 Running Back     +2200
16257 Safety     +1200
16258 Tight End     +5000
16259 Cornerback     +1000
16260 Special Teams Player     +50000

3 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I know this seems asinine but even though he has no symptoms currently there is the chance that it messes with you. Myles Garrett said he wasn’t the same after that.

I don’t think Cam Newton was the same after COVID-19 either & let’s not forget AGG got it after he was drafted and he didn’t have a great season either, it could have affected him as well. I don’t think it will affect players draft stocks if they’ve gotten before but there’s no way to say really that’s for teams to decide.

2 hours ago, taylor made said:

Current odds for WFT's first round pick. I'm thinking they will draft Darrisaw if he falls or a surprise in Teven Jenkins/Samuel Cosmi. 

16257 Safety     +1200

I think it’s going to be a linebacker. I think Rivera & DelRio really want to draft a stud rookie LB or 2, one early and one in the mid rounds.

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 6:55 PM, Umbaugh21 said:

I will be scared if Fields falls to us and we take him, because it will be a Haskins thing where there’s a reason why he falls. I’d feel much more comfortable if we traded up to 8 or 9 to get him, as silly as that sounds. 

The Fields drama ("you don't draft Ohio State QBs") is starting to feel a bit like "you don't draft Jeff Tedford-coached QBs" in the late 90s and early 2000s. They never panned out ... and as a result one of them fell from being a top 2 QB to Green Bay at 24.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Woz said:

The Fields drama ("you don't draft Ohio State QBs") is starting to feel a bit like "you don't draft Jeff Tedford-coached QBs" in the late 90s and early 2000s. They never panned out ... and as a result one of them fell from being a top 2 QB to Green Bay at 24.

Maybe this time it’s Washington at 19

5 hours ago, Woz said:

The not drafting Ohio State QBs is idiotic, and this is coming from a Michigan fan.

Look, it’s the hardest position in sports to evaluate and hit on. The school isn’t a QB factory but lord knows there really isn’t a school consistently churning out top flight QBs.

9 hours ago, taylor made said:

16257 Safety     +1200

Saw something interesting. Rivera has never drafted an o-lineman in the 1st round with 9 picks. He's done it three times in the 2nd. 

• Like 1

Prediction A: They attempt to trade up for Fields but Chicago gives up more and we ultimately stay at 19. Darrisaw goes to the Vikings and Zaven Collins to the Raiders. We select JOK. 

Prediction B: They move up to 14, one spot ahead of the Pats. Even though I don’t think the Pats will take a QB they still move up ahead of them just in case. Pick 19, one of our thirds and a second next year. It’s a lot to give up only moving up 5 spots but it gets them ahead of Chicago and New England. They take Justin Fields. 

Prediction C: Christian Darrisaw. I don’t see anyway he’s there at 19 but if he is he’ll be the pick.