2021 NFL Draft Thread

3 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

I'm not the biggest Fields fan out there,but this draft cycle has me wondering what people are getting told behind the scenes about him that we're not hearing.

With Mac Jones Rise we've heard Saban,new Texas coach Sark,Waddle,and Smith all on ESPN and NFL Network praising him talking about taking him over Tua and other things.

With Fields fall we havn't really seen anything pumping him up,can't blame his team mates as most went back to school so they aren't getting the Air time.

Just blows me away the guy who was seen as the clear #2 QB all season and finished in sorta of a tie for #2 with Wilson where it was 2A and 2B all of a sudden looks like he'll be the 5th QB off the board.

Either A-He's failing in interviews
B-Ohio State Coaches saying something about work ethic
Or most likely C Teams are going to ask Georgia why he didn't work out there and they are saying bad things something is going on we are not seeing

Ryan Day has been praising Fields a lot. Ryan Day just doesn’t have the same profile as Nick Saban. 

I think some of the stuff we are hearing could be smoke screen stuff but who knows.

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

What has Washington done to say they are considering a QB in the first?

I said it before, I truly believe there is only one QB they would consider drafting and he is going #1 overall. They seem very content with the QB room we have.

They’ve had representatives at each of the top QBs work outs. There’s been rumors that Washington could be trading up to the top 10 to get one of the QBs. Just because our front office doesn’t leak like a sieve like it did the previous 20 years doesn’t mean they aren’t considering a QB in the first round.

I mean even the best beat reporters Washington has like Keim & JP Finlay haven’t reported much about who exactly Washington is targeting bc they honestly haven’t been able to find out much info about what they’re going to do.

I do believe the pick will be JOK. I don’t see anyway Darrisaw is there otherwise he’d be the pick. 2nd will be Davis Mills. Just way too much smoke there. Sadly I think it will be another wasted 2nd round pick. I’m especially convinced it’s JOK now with Keim picking him in his mock draft on ESPN. He’s pretty in the know. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I do believe the pick will be JOK. I don’t see anyway Darrisaw is there otherwise he’d be the pick. 2nd will be Davis Mills. Just way too much smoke there. Sadly I think it will be another wasted 2nd round pick. I’m especially convinced it’s JOK now with Keim picking him in his mock draft on ESPN. He’s pretty in the know. 

I agree unless one of the QBs fall and we trade up for them. Also, I think Mills will be a good QB, not franchise caliber but he has a lot of Kirk Cousins in him. I could see him working out for us after a couple years of development.

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think you have right position wrong player,I think they plan on using Curl and Collins on the field together a lot and will see them at Sub LB in the nickel which is JOK best spot. I think the pick will be Zavien Collins and if he not there Jamin Davis barring something like Darrisaw or Smith falling

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I think you have right position wrong player,I think they plan on using Curl and Collins on the field together a lot and will see them at Sub LB in the nickel which is JOK best spot. I think the pick will be Zavien Collins and if he not there Jamin Davis barring something like Darrisaw or Smith falling

Apparently they’re not high on Collins. He showed up to his pro day at like 270 LBs and looks more like a DE. Keim said they like Davis but feel like 19 is a reach for him. Said they love JOK. I do like Collins as well but I’m not high on Jamin Davis. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Apparently they’re not high on Collins. He showed up to his pro day at like 270 LBs and looks more like a DE. Keim said they like Davis but feel like 19 is a reach for him. Said they love JOK. I do like Collins as well but I’m not high on Jamin Davis. 

I think the Collins dislike is more a ploy to get him to drop,have seen a few comparisons for Collins to Urlacher who Ron coached and modeled most of his LBers after.Collins played at 260 this year so the 270 doesn't scare me would likely come off in camp.

I could be wrong just a gut feeling I have.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

Everything you said is what I believe we will be doing

21 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I think the Collins dislike is more a ploy to get him to drop,have seen a few comparisons for Collins to Urlacher who Ron coached and modeled most of his LBers after.Collins played at 260 this year so the 270 doesn't scare me would likely come off in camp.

I could be wrong just a gut feeling I have.

Interesting, I could see that. I can see either JOK or Zaven Collins tbh. I haven’t thought about Collins being like Urlacher but I think that’s a good comp.

5 minutes ago, taylor made said:

Zaven Collins weighed in at 259 lbs, not 270 pounds. 

He weighed 270 five days ago. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-draft-rumors-2021-what-happened-with-zaven-collins-weight/

“Eyebrows were raised when Collins, the 13th-rated player on my 2021 NFL Draft big board, weighed 270 pounds during combine medicals. That weight was 11 pounds heavier than his pro day mark from earlier this month. So what’s the story?

It’s really not a big deal, to tell you the truth. Collins was a little shocked to tip the scales at 259 pounds during Tulsa’s Pro Day. He consistently weighed between 264 to 265 pounds during training in the lead-up to the Tulsa workout. The expectations of his training crew were that Collins would be over 260 pounds at his pro day.

After his successful pro day workout when he came in lighter than expected, it was admitted to me Collins relaxed a bit and enjoyed himself, as he should. The excessive steak-eating led to the 270 combine weigh-in, which was a surprise like the pro day mark, but in the other direction.

I’m told in recent days Collins has his weight back down under 265 pounds and has been holding steady.”

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, ovfd55 said:

I would agree with this.  I think that we need a traditional bruising linebacker (Ray Lewis, Urlacher, etc.), so Collins would be the preference.  I am sure I am wrong, but I am not just getting the hype on JOK.  I think he is awesome, but I do feel like the league might be too big for him and he might get bowled over.  I've said before that it would be awesome to draft Deablo in the 3rd.  He is a safety, but 2 inches taller, 20 pounds heavier, and faster than JOK.  And makes big plays all the time.  Starting to see him in mock drafts starting to show up at the end of the 2nd, so worried he might not be there.  He accomplishes the same objective.  Full disclosure, never saw an entire Tulsa or ND game last year, so not sure how they impact a flow of the game.  I can say for sure that Deablo does make plays that change the momentum in big moments though.

2 minutes ago, daskins said:

I would agree with this.  I think that we need a traditional bruising linebacker (Ray Lewis, Urlacher, etc.), so Collins would be the preference.  I am sure I am wrong, but I am not just getting the hype on JOK.  I think he is awesome, but I do feel like the league might be too big for him and he might get bowled over.  I've said before that it would be awesome to draft Deablo in the 3rd.  He is a safety, but 2 inches taller, 20 pounds heavier, and faster than JOK.  And makes big plays all the time.  Starting to see him in mock drafts starting to show up at the end of the 2nd, so worried he might not be there.  He accomplishes the same objective.  Full disclosure, never saw an entire Tulsa or ND game last year, so not sure how they impact a flow of the game.  I can say for sure that Deablo does make plays that change the momentum in big moments though.

Interesting point about Deablo but, he’s only 5 pounds heavier than JOK. JOK weighed 221 at his pro day. Deablo weighed 226.

• Like 1