2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

The primary problem with this is that the 2022 QB class, by and large, looks like garbage. We can name guys off, but I’ve watched all those guys play a lot, and Howell and Rattler are the only ones that are even in the ballpark of a high 1st round grade for me.

We kinda said that this year though. We knew Lawrence was #1, but Fields was supposed to be #2, and Lance was going to go up high somewhere. Now you have two more guys that are VERY LIKELY going #2 and #3 that weren't on radars before. Wilson and Jones. Who knows how 2022 unfolds.

Burrow was not close to being #1 before 2020, Kyler and Daniel Jones in 19, Baker in 18

Slovis, Coral, Howell all names to watch as all might shoot up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I still think the Niners go for Mac Jones. They're more worried about the floor, not the ceiling.

100% agree here think its part of the reason for the Rap leak that they are down to Jones or Lance(One to soften the blow for not taking Fields like the fan base wants) is so they can say they just trusted Jones more in the end

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

We kinda said that this year though. We knew Lawrence was #1, but Fields was supposed to be #2, and Lance was going to go up high somewhere. Now you have two more guys that are VERY LIKELY going #2 and #3 that weren't on radars before. Wilson and Jones. Who knows how 2022 unfolds.

Burrow was not close to being #1 before 2020, Kyler and Daniel Jones in 19, Baker in 18

Jt Daniels at UGA would be another one that could shoot up boards if he ever lives up to the hype after having a full off season in there program.

While I think we need a long term answer at QB badly,don't think punting on taking one this year is the worse thing ever.Fitzpatrick and the backups should keep us at the near 500 mark with a improved supporting cast in my view for this season and next off season vets like Ryan,Rodgers,Wilson(If him and Carrol keep butting heads),and even Watson if the off the field stuff clears up could be attainable,and the league should have less QB hungry teams with as many QBs expected to go early

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think the top 4 QBs in this class will all be starters

That would be a complete historical anomaly.  I think it goes the other direction and the 1st round qbs will fail more so statistically this year as they are all being over drafted and had a weird evaluation year.   The league will be lucky to see 2 franchise qbs out of the 5+ qbs being drafted in the 1st round.

4 hours ago, 4209 said:

NFL draft betting: Trey Lance's draft odds shifted with news the 49ers are considering him at No. 3

So frickin hilarious that they made that trade and don't know who they are taking.  Ridiculous really.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I honestly just don't like the pedigree of any of those guys but this is a different situation.. This will be a team that could very well be in the thick of it going forward, and when you have lofty expectations like the WFT could have, is putting it all out into a rookie the best move? This is why I'm a proponent of Lance, I think there's alot he can learn over the year. Same goes for Fields, plus I think they fit the scheme overall better.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

And we’ll be out of range for all of next years guys as well. Like I said before, you can do this song and dance about not wanting to give up all your draft capital or hurt your future but if your franchise doesn’t have a QB then you’re building towards nothing.

So when we win 9 games this next season and we head into the off-season needing a QB yet again we’ll face this same predicament. If we sit at 19 and take a guard (AVT) over moving up to get a potential franchise QB I’ll be extremely upset. If we take a LB or a receiver then I’ll be fine with it but I will not be happy with a line featuring two first round guards. Total waste of assets. 

This post wasn’t really directed at what you said but more so how I feel. The more time they waste the older this roster gets and the more expensive it gets. Also, Rivera needs to quit approaching this situation like he has infinite time. Making the playoffs in his first season usually would be a good thing but not when you have nothing at QB and the teams owner is Dan Snyder. He better figure this out quick and bandaids like Fitzpatrick are not the answer. 

30 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Well if they were serious about experience meaning something there’s only one. I’m sorry but there’s a huge gap. Davis Mills is intriguing but let’s be real who banks a 2nd round pick on 13 starts in 3 years 2 ACL surgeries. And honestly Trash is just he’s not a second rounder at all. I’m watching Kentucky vs Florida right now and I’m sorry But he just doesnt got it like I’m sorry dude this guy isn’t a guy you waist a starting caliber level draft selection on. You want to take him late because he can manage a offense be a spot starter great but what tools can he develop? Because I’m sorry unless Trask gets gifted Pitts he’s a JAG

3 hours ago, offbyone said:

That would be a complete historical anomaly.  I think it goes the other direction and the 1st round qbs will fail more so statistically this year as they are all being over drafted and had a weird evaluation year.   The league will be lucky to see 2 franchise qbs out of the 5+ qbs being drafted in the 1st round.

So frickin hilarious that they made that trade and don't know who they are taking.  Ridiculous really.  

The 49ers know who they’re taking, they’re not telling the press. That’s the way it should be.

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Well if they were serious about experience meaning something there’s only one. I’m sorry but there’s a huge gap. Davis Mills is intriguing but let’s be real who banks a 2nd round pick on 13 starts in 3 years 2 ACL surgeries. And honestly Trash is just he’s not a second rounder at all. I’m watching Kentucky vs Florida right now and I’m sorry But he just doesnt got it like I’m sorry dude this guy isn’t a guy you waist a starting caliber level draft selection on. You want to take him late because he can manage a offense be a spot starter great but what tools can he develop? Because I’m sorry unless Trask gets gifted Pitts he’s a JAG

Did you catch Kellen Mond on Jalen & Jacoby today? It was a great interview!