2021 NFL Draft Thread

32 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Thanks brother yeah he def plays more in the high 4.5s but there could be something because maybe he just plays faster then he actually is because his instincts. But as you said it could be the field and just so many things. One thing is clear on tape he gets to where he’s going with bad intentions or the ball just seems to find him. I mean I never like comparing simply because each person is different but Vontaz ran a 5.10 and he always showed up on the field. But we’ve seen a ton of good players overcome bad pro days. I think this is def something scouts would need to investigate. But again just because I love what I see, this class is loaded at his position. I’m very high on Javon Holland. And just a bunch they all have something special actually. The UCF kid I like a lot. I love safety’s that have a feelin space but also have some CB experience. This is one of the few positions I believe we have options throughout and don’t have to force if a better players available.

see you and me GIF

• Like 1

I think you guys won't address QB this year. I mean, maybe if Mac Jones falls to 19 which I don't see happening. However, I don't really see a trade up, or a QB in the first three rounds. Fitz is a decent QB, Heinicke is a solid 2nd QB, and you can select one in the 1st/2nd next year. This QB class outside of the top guys is horrendous in my opinion, even for the Mid Rounds. 

Personally I have you guys selecting Owusu-Koramoah in the 1st Round at 19. I think it makes your defense even more deadly. He can match up with anyone, and possibly helps you achieve the #1 Defense this season (going off DVOA like last year).

For the 2nd Round I have you going OT Jalen Mayfield. However, if he's not your flavor, OT Dillion Radunz is still on the board. 

For the 3rd Round, have you guys getting S/NB Elijah Molden. Think he mostly plays Free Safety for you guys, but also is an absolute stud Nickel Corner. 

Also have you guys getting WR Tylan Wallace in the 3rd as well. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think you guys won't address QB this year. I mean, maybe if Mac Jones falls to 19 which I don't see happening. However, I don't really see a trade up, or a QB in the first three rounds. Fitz is a decent QB, Heinicke is a solid 2nd QB, and you can select one in the 1st/2nd next year. This QB class outside of the top guys is horrendous in my opinion, even for the Mid Rounds. 

Personally I have you guys selecting Owusu-Koramoah in the 1st Round at 19. I think it makes your defense even more deadly. He can match up with anyone, and possibly helps you achieve the #1 Defense this season (going off DVOA like last year).

For the 2nd Round I have you going OT Jalen Mayfield. However, if he's not your flavor, OT Dillion Radunz is still on the board. 

For the 3rd Round, have you guys getting S/NB Elijah Molden. Think he mostly plays Free Safety for you guys, but also is an absolute stud Nickel Corner. 

Also have you guys getting WR Tylan Wallace in the 3rd as well. 

The issue we have is, Fitzpatrick could be just a one year rental. Heinicke & Kyle Allen are under 30 but likely not anything more than back up material. Next years QB class isn’t supposed to be as good as years. 

I think it’s most likely that we do what you say here but, I would rather them trade up into the top 10 and take whichever QB is best available when the pick. I’d rather have that young guy with starter potential being groomed as our next starter than to not have a young QB being groomed as our next starter.

23 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The issue we have is, Fitzpatrick could be just a one year rental. Heinicke & Kyle Allen are under 30 but likely not anything more than back up material. Next years QB class isn’t supposed to be as good as years. 

I think it’s most likely that we do what you say here but, I would rather them trade up into the top 10 and take whichever QB is best available when the pick. I’d rather have that young guy with starter potential being groomed as our next starter than to not have a young QB being groomed as our next starter.

Luckily that QB doesn’t have to just come in the top ten 😉😉😉

• Like 1

On 4/11/2021 at 9:53 AM, turtle28 said:

It was the right thing to do in my mind for both veteran players and for the teams. Having a rookie QB come in w/ a $60 million contract was bad for the team if the player busted. I’d rather that $ go to a QB who’s played 4 or 5 years and proven to be a good starter.

I'm not arguing that. I am just saying that the 2011 CBA (and now its successor) had ramifications. By limiting rookie contracts to four years (five for 1st rounders with the option), you lost the ability to do development of players especially at important positions.

Either the player needed to show some progress in year one and year two, or you need to be considering the next option down the line.

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 10:35 AM, e16bball said:

so I don’t think there would be any push to cry foul about the fact that technically for a few moments they were over the cap. 

The team would be required to do nothing other than to get into compliance with the cap, so since they would be trading him, rules-as-written they would do what they were supposed to do.

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Don’t know how accurate this tweet is but thought I’d share it. 

Ben Standig seems to think the same thing. I’m sure we are calling. We should def gauge the cost. If their guy is there then we should make the move

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Ben Standig seems to think the same thing. I’m sure we are calling. We should def gauge the cost. If their guy is there then we should make the move

When you say “their guy,” do you mean exclusively QBs?

I absolutely love a couple guys who might be there at 7 or 8, but I’m just squeamish about paying that price for a non-QB. I think Sewell is a star, I think Chase and Smith are both stars — but for the price of a future 1st and more, yikes. That price gets steep real quick. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, e16bball said:

When you say “their guy,” do you mean exclusively QBs?

I absolutely love a couple guys who might be there at 7 or 8, but I’m just squeamish about paying that price for a non-QB. I think Sewell is a star, I think Chase and Smith are both stars — but for the price of a future 1st and more, yikes. That price gets steep real quick. 

I don’t think it’s exclusively QB but I do think if their paying the price it’s those names or QB but luckily we only have a few more days to find out

18 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Luckily that QB doesn’t have to just come in the top ten 😉😉😉

While I agree, we all know the chance is better when you take one of the most talented guys. This franchise has only taken a QB in the top 10 three times since 1960 and everyone wonders why we can’t find a long term franchise QB?

It’s because truthfully, we don’t even try very hard. 

Edited by turtle28

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

While I agree, we all know the chance is better when you take one of the most talented guys. This franchise has only taken a QB in the top 10 three times since 1960 and everyone wonders why we can’t find a long term franchise QB?

It’s because truthfully, we don’t even try very hard. 

I agree. And we all know I’m pounding the table on Mond but I completely agree with this as well. There’s a reason these guys are rated high. Hopefully it’s one of our guys if it is the top 10 bud. Fields or Lance and hopefully whichever one it is they pan out and we can just enjoy watching a contender for the next decade with the bright young talent on both sides. I’m cool with either I love 4 guys and Wilson is going two Mond isn’t up there with them to most and Fields or Lance I think are both super exciting with the speed they bring along with the speed and motions pre snap sweeps and even having Logan Thomas throwing off a sweep to add. I really love what this offense could be with any 4 of those guys honestly. I’ve never been this high on especially this many QB’s in one class