2021 NFL Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

875 for 600 + 124 + 19.8 or 744 total. Just on the chart, it's like another 3rd rounder short. 

On the Rich Hill chart it is 278 for 190 + 41 + 7 or 238 total or another 3rd rounder short. 

Curious, what works for that drop?  A 2 and 4 or 2 and 5 ?

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

So we got a 3 and 5 to drop 12 spots ? Not much is it ?

Well the trade that I felt was the best value was the Panthers 38 a 3 and 4. But I did it for the sake of the pod really discussing the fact I want the 5th year option. And teams would know if your dropping to that range what your doing like when the Ravens did it with Jackson

While we’re talking trades, Bill Barnwell from ESPN did his annual “all trades mock,” where he basically dreams up a trade that would work for each draft pick. Three of them involved us this year:

Trade 1:

CAR gets: 1-19, 2022 1st rounder, DT Matt Ioannidis

WFT gets: 1-8

Trade 2:

DEN gets: 1-19, 3-74, 2022 2nd rounder

WFT gets: 1-9

Trade 3:

NYJ gets: 2-51, OG Brandon Scherff

WFT gets: 1-23, 3-86, OG Greg Van Roten

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

A second of third round pick isn't quite investing the future of the franchise . It's no like the RG111 trade .

Yeah, you are right.  I guess part of me still thinks if you draft a qb that high you are still hoping he at least could be the future of franchise and what is the point of doing that with a guy who is already so beat up.  I kind of like his story and his skillset but too many injuries.  Plus I think Rivera wants a more mobile qb hence I don't see Jones or Trask as a great fit either and I do like trask.

I am more and more on the program of don't bother with any of these qbs.  There will be good starters at multiple other positions of need in the 2nd round and I think we should draft guys that appear to be closer to sure things.  Plus, I assume we can win at least 3 superbowls with Heinicke :)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

👀

12 minutes ago, offbyone said:

They can keep Roten.  I am sold otherwise.  

Yeah, I think I would do that one too. I actually think Van Roten is a pretty decent, affordable player (with some history with Rivera/Turner/Matsko), so I’d take him as a stopgap over some extra throw-in pick.

I actually also think the DEN trade is remarkable value for us. A 3rd and a future 2nd to move all the way up into the top 10? Pretty good deal. 

Even if it’s not for a QB (and in Barnwell’s mind, it wasn’t...he had us doing it for Parsons), that could get us into blue chip range. At 9, assuming at least 4 QBs are gone by then, you’re guaranteed to have at least three of Sewell, Pitts, Chase, Smith, Slater, Parsons, and Waddle on the board still. And you’ve jumped right in front of the rest of the division, which is a nice little 🖕🏻 to them. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Even if it’s not for a QB (and in Barnwell’s mind, it wasn’t...he had us doing it for Parsons), that could get us into blue chip range.

+1.  The big coup of this draft is with all the QBs being pushed up the board, the real talent is falling to 5-15.  

• Like 2

On 4/21/2021 at 11:49 AM, offbyone said:

Intriguing prospect, but those injuries are too much for me to get past.

You know-the injuries. After a lot of research , all I can find is he injured his knee his senior year in H S. He was supposed to miss the season ( nothing about any surgery ) He ended up coming back in 3 weeks and played the entire season . He then injured the knee again in the Playoffs ( again no major surgery -vague so not sure what was done ) but only slightly delayed his playing at Stanford. I can't find anything about two ACLs . Please correct me if you find more info .

Somebody in this draft ( hope it's us ) is getting a QB with a ceiling of a long term starter in the NFL. Some people are sleeping on this guy and that's a mistake .. He will be a steal .

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

Trade 2:

DEN gets: 1-19, 3-74, 2022 2nd rounder

WFT gets: 1-9

This puts us in front of the rest of the division. I'd do this in a heartbeat. Puts us in play for Sewell/Parsons/Pitts if they fall slightly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

This puts us in front of the rest of the division. I'd do this in a heartbeat. Puts us in play for Sewell/Parsons/Pitts if they fall slightly.

*as long as they don't trade up too.

I might be in the minority, but I don't really want to do that trade for Parsons. Not 100% against it... just not loving it either. 

12 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I can’t imagine they would trade up for anything other than a QB but I could be wrong