2021 NFL Draft Thread

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

*as long as they don't trade up too.

Just like SF did for the Falcons, it drives up the price of the picks around the sought after pick. I'm all for our rivals having less picks for talent. 

Ultimately I would stay at 19 and if all of the talent we target is gone, trade down. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I can’t imagine they would trade up for anything other than a QB but I could be wrong

I fully believe they have zero interest in the QB field this year. They are probably only interested in a multi-year starter and the only one that fits that bill is going #1 overall. They inherited a "low playing time developmental QB" and we saw how that worked out.

I almost have to imagine their top priorities are OT/TE/MLB. For this year at least they seem committed to the Fitzpatrick/Hennicke/Allen QB room. 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

*as long as they don't trade up too.

I might be in the minority, but I don't really want to do that trade for Parsons. Not 100% against it... just not loving it either. 

I go back and forth on this.  There are reasonable arguments to be made for any of the top four linebackers being a great add to our defense.  Parsons is the pick of the litter, but will he be that much better?  I'll have to trust the coaching staff to make that evaluation. 

Now if the coaching staff thinks any of the top LBs can succeed here, then a small trade back could net us an extra third and change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

I can’t imagine they would trade up for anything other than a QB but I could be wrong

I would do that deal for Sewell. Positional value on LT is still extremely high, I could definitely justify it at that low cost. 

Gun to my head, I think I might do it for Devonta Smith too. If he’s still on the board at 9, he’s going to end up with NYG or PHI. I really don’t want to be facing that dude for the next 5+ years. 

I would not do it for Parsons. If that’s the target, I’m waiting until 13-14 to see if he’s still there. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

While we’re talking trades, Bill Barnwell from ESPN did his annual “all trades mock,” where he basically dreams up a trade that would work for each draft pick. Three of them involved us this year:

Trade 1:

CAR gets: 1-19, 2022 1st rounder, DT Matt Ioannidis

WFT gets: 1-8

Trade 2:

DEN gets: 1-19, 3-74, 2022 2nd rounder

WFT gets: 1-9

Trade 3:

NYJ gets: 2-51, OG Brandon Scherff

WFT gets: 1-23, 3-86, OG Greg Van Roten

I’d do any of those trades. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I really love this guys game. He and Jamin really excite me. They both have coverage skills that most LB’s have never had. These guys can pop in the run game and shed blocks but they are like saftey athletes with LB skill sets. With these beast TE’s and Nickle packages these guys are going to be 3 down beasts.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Like that! 

That’s how I feel about Davis. Parsons def has the pass rushing edge but Davis covers better. I think these two are almost as close to the Devins as you can get. Both of them are different players then White and Bush but this is a pretty special Lb class and there are 3 even 4 guys I’d love in the top two rounds behind this DL. As much as I love Zaven I feel like we have a pretty solid WLB/ SLB. We need a mic

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’d do any of those trades. 

Trade 3 is very interesting because we could get Davis and Derrisaw maybe. That would be super frigen cool. Those are two studs but that’s a heck of a trade up to 8. But hopefully we can really kill this class whichever way we go. I’m so excited to see one more week fellas

• Like 2

I like Darrisaw but I badly want a LB. If we don’t move up for a QB I’d think we use one of our thirds on Mills or Trask. Hate the idea but they’ve been heavily linked to both. I want Pat Freiermuth in the second. I think he’s going to be a monster.