2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Doesn’t his size concern you a little? I know he could be a very good coverage LB. I feel he falls into that tweener category. He’s listed at 216lbs, that’s SS size. Guys like Davonte David and Devin White are in the 235/238. 

Maybe it’s me but when I see someone around that size makes me skittish. i.e. Sua Cravens. 

Not that it’s a big deal because it’s just 5 pounds but JOK weighed 221 at his pro day.

Devin White was a top 10 pick. LaVonte David & Ryan Shazier played in the 220s in college. They put on weight to be bigger in the pros, I have no idea why JOK couldn’t do the same to where he’s closer to 230 instead of 220.

Heck, when we drafted JHC he was a college S and weighed 217 pounds at 6’4, now 4 years later he’s 245 pounds. 

I’m not sure why a comparison to Sua Cravens on the field would make you skittish. When Sua played, he played well, his problem was the mental side of things and he was weird off the field. Also, you have to remember that Sua played dime ILB in a 3-4, so, he was playing ILB. If we draft JOK, he’ll be playing WLB in a 4-3, so he’ll be outside the tackles not inside the tackle box like Sua had to play in the 3-4.

Edited by turtle28

11 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Not that it’s a big deal because it’s just 5 pounds but JOK weighed 221 at his pro day.

Devin White was a top 10 pick. LaVonte David & Ryan Shazier played in the 220s in college. They put on weight to be bigger in the pros, I have no idea why JOK couldn’t do the same to where he’s closer to 230 instead of 220.

Heck, when we drafted JHC he was a college S and weighed 217 pounds at 6’4, now 4 years later he’s 245 pounds. 

I’m not sure why a comparison to Sua Cravens on the field would make you skittish. When Sua played, he played well, his problem was the mental side of things and he was weird off the field. Also, you have to remember that Sua played dime ILB in a 3-4, so, he was playing ILB. If we draft JOK, he’ll be playing WLB in a 4-3, so he’ll be outside the tackles not inside the tackle box like Sua had to play in the 3-4.

I wasn’t comparing their playing abilities but their size. He gained weight for his pro day which still makes him SS size. Needs to put another 10 pounds I guess we’ll see how that affects his ability to play a coverage LB. From what I see his frame isn’t that big, I guess will find out if he can handle it. 

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Sua, too small. Couldn't take the punishment . Concussions, shoulders, knees. 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Sua, too small. Couldn't take the punishment . Concussions, shoulders, knees. 

Again, Sua only played here for one season. He also was asked to play ILB, not OLB. And, JOK has been an OLB his entire college career, Sua wasn’t. Sua was a converted safety.

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, Sua only played here for one season. He also was asked to play ILB, not OLB. And, JOK has been an OLB his entire college career, Sua wasn’t. Sua was a converted safety.

And Again--I HATE Tweeners . Hate em . 😝

Edited by RSkinGM

There’s a few players I just have no interest in at 19. Right now that’s Alijah Vera Tucker and Tevin Jenkins. AVT looks like he’s going to be a guard at the next level and Tevin Jenkins I think will be a RT. If Darrisaw, JOK and Jamin Davis are all gone just take Kadarius Toney. Don’t force an OL pick. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

There’s a few players I just have no interest in at 19. Right now that’s Alijah Vera Tucker and Tevin Jenkins. AVT looks like he’s going to be a guard at the next level and Tevin Jenkins I think will be a RT. If Darrisaw, JOK and Jamin Davis are all gone just take Kadarius Toney. Don’t force an OL pick. 

Toney would be a good pick there.

I'm also on the trade down train if the value is there and the really good players are gone (*). I don't want to reach for any position at #19 if we don't love the player.

(*) and someone is willing to trade up

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Toney or Bateman (reminds me of Michael Thomas) would be a good pick. Hard to imagine that Darrisaw, JOK & Jamin Davis would all be gone though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Toney or Bateman (reminds me of Michael Thomas) would be a good pick. Hard to imagine that Darrisaw, JOK & Jamin Davis would all be gone though.

Ben Standig says he thinks they’ll take Alijah Vera Tucker if he’s there which would absolutely infuriate me. If we pick another guard in the first round I’ll be extremely disappointed. There’s almost no reason whatsoever to spend a first round pick on a guard unless you’re getting Quenton Nelson. It’s bad enough we spent a top 5 pick on a guard now we’re going to spend another first round pick on a guard to replace him? Lol

22 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ben Standig says he thinks they’ll take Alijah Vera Tucker if he’s there which would absolutely infuriate me. If we pick another guard in the first round I’ll be extremely disappointed. There’s almost no reason whatsoever to spend a first round pick on a guard unless you’re getting Quenton Nelson. It’s bad enough we spent a top 5 pick on a guard now we’re going to spend another first round pick on a guard to replace him? Lol

On the bright side, I don’t think he’ll be there. I think he and Darrisaw look pretty well ticketed for LAC and MIN, in some order. Maybe Slater makes it to 13 and pushes one of them down, but it’s kinda hard to picture either of those teams passing on a quality OL if they get the chance. 

I like AVT a lot...as a guard. As a tackle, I think he’s much closer to Jenkins or even the Leatherwood/Cosmi/Eichenberg tier than to the top 3. But I do love him as a guard. I think he’s a Pro Bowler as a guard. I’m with you, though, in that I’d have to be stuck at 19 with no other good options in order to pull the trigger on a guard. Probably wouldn’t take Toney over him, as I think that’s another guy that Samuel has pushed mostly off our board — but would probably consider rolling the dice on Bateman over AVT. 

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I don’t think Toney is a first rounder anymore, TBH I would take Terrace Marshall right there if we went WR. I think he has the chance to be one of the best WR in this class when all is said and done, there is something about LSU WRs they usually produce in the pros

But back to Toney. If the 3 guys you like are gone by then, I would trade down or either take Zaven right there, I know he weighed in a little heavy but he can cut weight, he’s got really impressive speed and can cover. Not to mention he was a championship winning high school QB so that will help if he plays inside and is the QB or our defense and able to diagnose the plays.

end of the day I don’t think Toney has a successful career like some do. 

Somebody may have already posted info on this player, so I maybe late on this one. Man this guy is has a good burst and good at stealing the ball. Has some good coverage range in the short and intermediate middle of the field.  Need to see more video's  of him against the run. But over all could be a 3 down player. To bad he torn his acl last yr. Hmm that will hurt him. May not be ready until late in the season.

2 minutes ago, 4209 said:

Somebody may have already posted info on this player, so I maybe late on this one. Man this guy is has a good burst and good at stealing the ball. Has some good coverage range in the short and intermediate middle of the field.  Need to see more video's  of him against the run. But over all could be a 3 down player. To bad he torn his acl last yr. Hmm that will hurt him. May not be ready until late in the season.

He was burned multiple times before going down to injury,But what this defense needs as much as quality LBs is a ball hawking FS