2021 NFL Draft Thread

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Can I ask why? A guy with two ACL’s and a total of 7 starts in college. In round 2 i just this QB offseason is nuts. I just can’t get down with this. He has talent and potential and that’s amazing. Mid round flier great. A second should be a starter or rotational piece. Or a QB that’s played I mean I get he’s got decent wheels he was highly rated coming out of high school but there’s no way you can pick this guy before the 3rd and that’s reaching. Maybe he does pan out. But I’d be more worried about him staying healthy through camp before expecting him to be discussed contributing on the field.

he has some great traits that would prob make him a 1st rounder if he played more.It all comes down to medicals though if they check out no problem if we draft him in 2nd.

• Like 1

I'm so pumped for the draft. I only had 1 vacation day left, till August.

Decided to use it for April 30th on Friday & day 2 of the draft.

That 2nd & 3rd Rd is the meat & potatoes for this team in hitting on those.

We've not been very successful in the 2nd Rd, so I hope that changes.

But we've been exceptional in the 3rd Rd, so I hope that continues. Nice that we have 2 of them this yr.

Of course, all that changes if we trade up like I believe we will.

But that's ok...I can still dream & think of threads to create here & our Superbowl aspirations on Friday if we do so.

Specially, if we draft Kyle Pitts...lol...😆🤓😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

But we've been exceptional in the 3rd Rd, so I hope that continues. Nice that we have 2 of them this yr.

Terry yes. Gibson ... maybe? Looked fine in flashes. 

Christian - nah. Moreau - did okay, but we obviously let him walk since he underperformed and he signed a tiny deal. Fuller - played his best ball away from us, but I still like it. Matt Jones - lol. Moses? Good. Long? Not so good. Jordan Reed? I'll call it a hit except injuries just killed him. LeRibeus? bust. Hankerson? Bust. 

1 guy who is likely a star, 1 guy who was elite for a year but could never stay healthy, a consistently solid RT, possibly a good future RB, a corner who has played his best years so far without us, and a bunch of crap. Exceptional is certainly not the word I would use, but I think we are probably better than a lot of the league was with 3rd rounders.

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Agree with all your points. Watched his pro day. Just seems to have something special. Great personality- if that means anything . 

I am with you on that. I love his tools/ mental makeup. For a guy to come back from two majors and work his tail off and still show out at his pro day I agree there is something to say for that. I’d just hope you can get him later and maximize the value. But he is a QB which means he could get pulled up

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Taking Davis Mills in the second round is stupid. Taking Davis Mills before the 5th-6th round is stupid. 

Maybe , but Mel Kiper says he's second round. I don't think he'll be there in round 4.  Ain't this sheet fun !!! I love it  🤣

9 days to go! Are we going to draft an OL, a QB, a LB. Are we trading up or down or staying put. The first draft with the new regime (who has full control) Last year we knew we were taking Chase but this year “WHO THE HELL KNOWS”.
Can’t wait for this draft where anything is possible. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Maybe , but Mel Kiper says he's second round. I don't think he'll be there in round 4.  Ain't this sheet fun !!! I love it  🤣

Mel Kipers days as a top draft analyst have come and gone. Most of his takes are woefully wrong and out of touch. I’ll always appreciate everything he’s done for the draft and for helping to grow it into what it is but it has passed him by. 

• Like 1

Check him out- watch his footwork, quick smooth release, (Really , his release is a thing of beauty ! ) subtle little moves in the pocket to avoid the rush, pocket awareness, throwing on the run. Good size. Crushed his pro day in rainy windy weather .  What's not to like . I just read Tampa might take him with the last pick round 2 . 

Edited by RSkinGM

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Check him out- watch his footwork, quick smooth release, (Really , his release is a thing of beauty ! ) subtle little moves in the pocket to avoid the rush, pocket awareness, throwing on the run. Good size. Crushed his pro day in rainy windy weather .  What's not to like . I just read Tampa might take him with the last pick round 2 . 

Intriguing prospect, but those injuries are too much for me to get past.

• Like 1

Just read in PFT that Justin Fields told teams he’s managing Epilepsy. Glad he was transparent about his illness, that’s something I haven’t heard this whole time pre-draft. Epilepsy can be a very tricky disease with seizures, it probably won’t affect his draft status. 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

6 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Just read in PFT that Justin Fields told teams he’s managing Epilepsy. Glad he was transparent about his illness, that’s something I haven’t heard this whole time pre-draft and probably won’t affect his draft status. 

If it's similar to what some of my friends had, it was pretty manageable with medication ... and you can sometimes just outgrow it. 

• Like 1