2021 NFL Draft Thread

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Interesting point about Deablo but, he’s only 5 pounds heavier than JOK. JOK weighed 221 at his pro day. Deablo weighed 226.

My fault - I thought he was 235.  Good point.  He comes up in the box a lot and never seen him get run over though and very rarely missed a tackle.  He plays big...

5 minutes ago, daskins said:

My fault - I thought he was 235.  Good point.  He comes up in the box a lot and never seen him get run over though and very rarely missed a tackle.  He plays big...

Yeah, I think JOK plays with good leverage. Despite his size, I’ve never heard anyone mention him being a poor run defender or anything. Some people look at his weight and just assume he is. 

I do like the idea of taking Deablo and making him a WLB though if we don’t take JOK in round 1. I like that Deablo had 4 ints last year. 

42 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, I think JOK plays with good leverage. Despite his size, I’ve never heard anyone mention him being a poor run defender or anything. Some people look at his weight and just assume he is. 

I do like the idea of taking Deablo and making him a WLB though if we don’t take JOK in round 1. I like that Deablo had 4 ints last year. 

Oh for sure JOK knows how to overcome his size.  Just thinking about our LB need, and the pairing that Parsons (dream scenario) or Collins with Deablo would become.  Or Bolton in the 2nd who I think could get bigger and has a ton of potential  Then add an OT and WR is a solid Day 1 and 2 that makes us way better.  But who knows, maybe we trade both days to move up to get the QB.  One of my favorite weeks of the season.  

Edited by daskins
Said the word "pair" approximately 47 times
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, daskins said:

Oh for sure JOK knows how to overcome his size.  Just thinking about our LB need, and the pairing that Parsons (dream scenario) or Collins with Deablo would become.  Or Bolton in the 2nd who I think could get bigger and has a ton of potential  Then add an OT and WR is a solid Day 1 and 2 that makes us way better.  But who knows, maybe we trade both days to move up to get the QB.  One of my favorite weeks of the season.  

Yeah man, it’s basically anyone guess as to what they do tomorrow. It’s going to be interesting to see what they do. I’m ready for it!

10 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He's improved every year at S, has good instincts for the position, and has good speed for the position. I wouldn't move him (at least in the beginning). You can play him near line, that's not the issue, but he could, in theory, match up against some bigger WRs to help. He did have over aggressive tendencies, but I do find that to be more of a product of a VT defense than anything. 

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Sounds like a Sports Hernia.  Not the worst thing but not good.

Personally, I have never warmed up to Darrisaw as a top 20 pick.  I think he is decent and will be a long time starter, but I just don't think he has elite upside.  Maybe a high floor.  But I can't draft a guy in the 1st round that I don't think could ever even be a top 10 LT in the league.  I know this isn't the general consensus.  

• Like 1

Just now, RSkinGM said:

What changes - Just makes Darnold the #1 QB for certain . 

Denver might not be interested in a QB at all now. Darnold has one year maybe two left and they may want to still get a QB more. Or trade down more.