2021 NFL Draft Thread

40 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I would take JOK, if that were my options.

But I'm hoping for a blue chipper top 10 player to land in our lap.

(That would be a player like Pitts, Sewell, Ja'marr Chase or Devanta Smith or Fields)

Any one of these guys would probably be top 5 picks, if it weren't for a cluttered QB room.

Getting them at 6-9 would be a steal, imo. 

And definitely worth trading up for. If we have have too.

Would take Davis. Don't know about Pitts, Sewell, Ja'marr Chase or Devanta Smith or Fields but somebody is going to fall. You can count on it

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Pitts is going 4 or 5.  Why would you give up multiple first round picks for a TE?

I’m not convinced Sewell or Slater are significantly better than a LT we could select at 19.  

I'm not so sure about that, MKnight.

Top 3 are QB's

Atlanta could take Pitts, sure.

But they could take one of the QB's still there @4. Be it Mac Jones, Trey Lance or Fields.

and what about one of the big 3 WR's? Julio is getting older & there's rumors of him being shipped as well. Sure, they still got Calvin Ridley. But do they plan ahead for Julio's eventual & possible departure? 

and what about LT Sewell to Atlanta @4…? 

I Think Atlanta could go QB, WR or LT along with TE Pitts.

and if Pitts slips past Atlanta? Anything is possible.

• Like 1

Um yeah, so Sewell & Slater are definitely better prospect than those who are projected to go in the teens and early 20s. Not even debatable.

The reason you would trade up for Pitts - or in Atlanta’s case not trade back and pass on him and take him over a QB prospect - is because he’s either the best or 2nd best prospect in this draft only after arguably Trevor Lawrence.

He’s an amazing TE prospect, one of the best ever. That’s why you’d trade up for him but I doubt Atlanta trades their pick and I seriously doubt that Atlanta passes on him.

43 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I would take Davis, but I think I’m (very much) in the minority here. 

I won’t be the least bit upset with JOK if they take him. He’s a lot of fun to watch, an extremely impactful player, and it’s just remarkable to watch him in coverage. He’s one of the best coverage LBs I’ve ever watched. Maybe the best. 

But if you could kick Collins down to WLB and get a Mark Barron type player out of him — essentially getting from him what you’re looking for from JOK — I think you could field probably the most athletic LB corps in the league if you then took Davis to play MLB. That trio of Collins, Davis, and Holcomb would be small but they would be crazy fast, quick, and explosive. Talk about upgrading team speed.

Would take Davis JOK to me is a tweener just like Hudson and you can add Collins in there also. i like some one who can play both W and S side LB.  JOK is more of a situational player to me and could have problems with power running teams.  Now that just me. But JOK does have one trait that I dearly like and that is speed. Speed kills.

3 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

I'm not so sure about that, MKnight.

Top 3 are QB's

Atlanta could take Pitts, sure.

But they could take one of the QB's still there @4. Be it Mac Jones, Trey Lance or Fields.

and what about one of the big 3 WR's? Julio is getting older & there's rumors of him being shipped as well. Sure, they still got Calvin Ridley. But do they plan ahead for Julio's eventual & possible departure? 

and what about LT Sewell to Atlanta @4…? 

I Think Atlanta could go QB, WR or LT along with TE Pitts.

and if Pitts slips past Atlanta? Anything is possible.

Atlanta has LT Jake Matthews and RT Kaleb McGary, both first round picks already on the roster.  Why would they take Sewell?  

If the Falcons were to take a WR it would most likely be Chase.  If they did, the Bengals would either take Sewell or Pitts.  If Pitts were to fall past the Bengals the Dolphins would 100% take him.  I'd bet my house Pitts will not fall past 6.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Doesnt make sense to me.  The team talked after free agency about how they used it to shore up the teams needs and open up the possibilities for the draft.  To me that means it’s a team that doesn’t see itself having a glaring need and can let the draft come to them.

Could be a smoke screen and maybe not. Will find out soon

What are the odds of a commercial break or delay, when Washington makes their selection.

"And here we are at 19 & Washington is now on the clock"...

"But First, here's a word from our local sponsor"

Or

"Washington has made their pick, guys...Mel is in total shock...WOW!"

"So let's take you to the huge 60 Minutes story for Sunday & how The FBI raided Rudolph Julianni" (10 minute commercial)

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

What are the odds of a commercial break or delay, when Washington makes their selection.

"And here we are at 19 & Washington is now on the clock"...

"But First, here's a word from our local sponsor"

Or

"Washington has made their pick, guys...Mel is in total shock...WOW!"

"So let's take you to the huge 60 Minutes story for Sunday & how The FBI raided Rudolph Julianni" (10 minute commercial)

So this is interesting, because I agree that they always used to go to commercial during our pick.  But the conspiracy theorist in me thinks that was because we refused to change our team name.  I know they didn't skip us last year but we had the #2 pick and took one of the biggest stars in the draft.  At 19 with a new team name I think they broadcast our pick this year.

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Do they really commercial break a 1st rounder? I thought they always held up till everyone was back on the air and then did it. Later rounds sure, but the 1st round?

they hold it up then we end up being like 3 picks ahead of them on twitter