18. Michigan
19. Virginia Tech
20. Kansas State
21. Minnesota
22. Marshall
23. NC State
24. USC
25. Coastal Carolina

Others receiving votes: Memphis 76, Oklahoma 74, Tulsa 58, West Virginia 57, Auburn 48, Iowa 42, Louisiana-Lafayette 40, Liberty 37, Utah 36, UAB 30, Army 29, Arkansas 15, Air Force 14, Kentucky 12, Tennessee 11, Virginia 9, Arizona State 9, Washington 8, South Carolina 8, Indiana 4, Texas 1

And the Coaches

1 Clemson 1,540 (52) 5-0
2 Alabama 1,494 (8) 4-0
3 Notre Dame 1,351 4-0
4 Georgia 1,295 3-1
5 Ohio State 1,254 (2) 0-0
6 Oklahoma State 1,149 3-0
7 Penn State 1,059 0-0
8 Florida 1,002 2-1
9 Texas A&M 1,001 3-1
10 Cincinnati 989 3-0
T-11 Miami 890 4-1
T-11 BYU 890 5-0
13 North Carolina 725 4-1
14 Wisconsin 698 0-0
15 Oregon 683 0-0
16 SMU 618 5-0
17 Michigan 507 0-0
18 Iowa State 485 3-1
19 Kansas State 395 3-1
20 Virginia Tech 373 3-1
21 Minnesota 209 0-0
22 N.C. State 200 4-1
23 USC 186 0-0
24 Coastal Carolina 150 4-0
25 Marshall 139 4-0

Moved in: N.C. State; Coastal Carolina; Marshall.
Others receiving votes: Auburn 93; Army 90; West Virginia 64; Kentucky 60; Oklahoma 59; Liberty 57; Memphis 53; Utah 48; Iowa 48; UAB 42; Boise State 37; Louisiana 31; Arkansas 29; Tennessee 25; TCU 22; Air Force 14; Texas 12; South Carolina 12; Tulsa 10; Arizona State 10; Washington 8; Missouri 7; LSU 7; Cal 6; Boston College 6; Nebraska 5; Indiana 5; Florida State 4; Stanford 3; UCF 1.

Alabama beat a real team, a team with far more nutritional value than Georgia Tech. So why aren't they #1?

Clemson fattening up on cupcakes will soon catch up to them at very least once they reach South Bend. It should have caught up to them at Glendale last year.

• Like 1

Notre Dame at three in Georgia at four just show how much college football needs more elite teams right now. Yikes. Especially Notre Dame, I have a hard time seeing them as one of the 10 best teams in the country. If they are, shame on the rest of the country. 

My guess is after this week, there will be more of a mixup, as some voters are leaving out the Big Ten teams altogether, having not played. 

The ACC is so bad though that Notre Dame could lose only one game (Clemson) and they really should be a three or four loss team in most conferences. That game needs to just happen pronto so they can get hammered and drop in the polls.

5 minutes ago, pf9 said:

You should be wanting ND to win.

We need more good Northern teams

Surely you tire of seeing Southern teams win it every year

They aren't going to beat Clemson man.  Did you watch this past weekend?  Clemson could have won their game by a hundred.  Notre Dame squeaked by Louisville and scored 12 points.  Huge talent gap between the two teams.  What I want is irrelevant anyway.  And frankly, I don't really like Notre Dame so I don't have any vested interest in who wins that one.   Also not all of us gauge who we root for based on how close the university is to equator.  When Notre Dame beats or even competes with a top school, I'll start taking them seriously.  I'm not just going to hold a dumb grudge against Clemson based on the way things went down last year and them beating OSU.  For now, buckle up for the beatdown to come a few weeks from now and then start scouring the earth for the highest rated northern team standing in the polls after that.  Stay glued in to the Minnesota-UM game this coming week and maybe pick the winner. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, NateDawg said:

They aren't going to beat Clemson man.  Did you watch this past weekend?  Clemson could have won their game by a hundred.  Notre Dame squeaked by Louisville and scored 12 points.  Huge talent gap between the two teams.  What I want is irrelevant anyway.  And frankly, I don't really like Notre Dame so I don't have any vested interest in who wins that one.   Also not all of us gauge who we root for based on how close the university is to equator.  When Notre Dame beats or even competes with a top school, I'll start taking them seriously.  I'm not just going to hold a dumb grudge against Clemson based on the way things went down last year and them beating OSU.  For now, buckle up for the beatdown to come a few weeks from now and then start scouring the earth for the highest rated northern team standing in the polls after that.  Stay glued in to the Minnesota-UM game this coming week and maybe pick the winner. 

You're forgetting that it's likely going to be cold when Clemson comes to South Bend. Last year on November 7, in South Bend, by the time 7:30 PM came around, it was already below 30 degrees F. If that pattern holds this year it's not going to look good for Clemson. Warm-weather teams don't usually fare well playing up north that time of year, which is why Southern teams have avoided playing late-season non-conference games up north.