Trade assets

Pastor Dillon

2 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

RAC said the Lonnie is gonna keep playing safety moving forward. It would be nice if he could develop there and be a starter opposite Reid moving forward. 

I have very little hope for a guy who showed very little instinct and Football IQ in college suddenly developing it at this level...

But, I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I have very little hope for a guy who showed very little instinct and Football IQ in college suddenly developing it at this level...

But, I hope I'm wrong.

The players seem to think he has the potential, CB's and Safety's are hard to develop. I think give it until the end of his rookie contract before we give up on the guy.

• Like 1

Cut DJ, cut Cooks (sadly), let Stills walk, try to trade Whitney, try to offload Murray's contract too, if the possibility is there.

BoB has put us in cap hell despite saying he wanted to avoid that with Nuk.

I know they're saying it isn't the rookies year but put Coulter out there, give Keke a few more chances with this new offense now that Bill isn't breathing down his neck.

If they both end up being somewhat good / decent, there's no issue cutting Cooks and letting Stills walk.

DJ isn't worth the money, every RB class from now to like 2024 is loaded. Duke can be good for us in 2021. 2022 we should pick up a RB in the draft in like the third round. Ezpz.

Issue is Fuller and Reid, Fuller needs to stay most definitely if he is durable the whole season, he could become a legitimate WR1 and Reid is a must have for a defense already lacking.

On 10/21/2020 at 11:47 PM, ET80 said:

He's been playing a lot of S, it seems. He'll drop in the box to cover TEs, but I haven't really seen him playing the boundary or slot.

He's just not good at football, absolutely zero football IQ. I don't think he's recoverd from that beating he took from Travis Kelce, I've never seen a player with such bad instincts.

He's on par with guys like Petey Faggins and Fred Bennett - has the athleticism to play the role, but he's unable to do anything with the athleticism because he makes wrong decisions nearly every opportunity.

The irony of course is that he shares the same number that Bennett had. That's the comp that sticks out in my head. We both hoped they would take second year leaps and instead, both are too aggressive at CB and tend to be a step slow. 

• Like 1

I read a trade option today, dont know if its legit

Will Fuller for a 2022 3rd and a 2021 5th

I would say HECK NO to that deal. If thats what Fuller's value really is, then we can resign him cheaper than Thought

There is no reason to be trading for picks in 2022 when we will have plenty. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Well tomorrow is the big day, what’s gonna happen???? Trades or no?

i wonder what the asking price is on Fuller. Has to be a 2nd at least. 

I think Mercilius goes - maybe a 5th round pick, maybe a 4th depending on performance. That's about it.

I understand the benefit of moving Merc, but I don't see it happening today (now in the offseason....)

I think the Texans need to move Stills for his sake and the team's.

I could see a player swap as opposed to draft pick compensation.

So I would like to see Stills + Hargreaves to Washington Football Team for CB Fabian Moreau (also a UFA at season's end) + DE Casey Toohill.

I doubt WFT lets Toohill go (promising edge on cheap rookie contract), but one can hope.  (Toohill could play edge or ILB for Texans.)

Anyway, just my pie in the sky dream for today's trade deadline.

20 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

So I would like to see Stills + Hargreaves to Washington Football Team for CB Fabian Moreau (also a UFA at season's end) + DE Casey Toohill.

I'd prefer picks - I don't know what sort of player the new regime will target, so Moreau (who I like) and Toohill (who I don't know) might not even fit what the new regime wants.

Give the new regime picks - even if we don't have a 1/2, I think a competent GM/HC and scouting department could do some good work with 10+ picks from 3-7.