Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

24 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I'm guessing Ish Smith (point guard Pistons) and Richaun Holmes (power forward Suns).

Dewayne Dedmon is a good alternative to Vucevic for a couple years at least. Much less money. Started basketball late in life and may be a good mentor to the rookies in particular who had longer than usual college careers. Ish Smith is another guy I like who had a long college career out of Wake Forest. With these signings the depth chart might look something like:

Smart/Ish Smith/Carsen Edwards

Hayward/Romeo Langford

Brown/Ojeleye

Tatum/Richaun Holmes/Grant Williams

Dedmon/Rob Williams

That's a solid core and definitely capable of winning a playoff series.

Edited by DoleINGout

5 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

All of these guys are UFA. Pick two that will be Celtics:

Trevor Ariza, Nikola Vucevic, Taj Gibson, Dewayne Dedmon, DeMarre Carroll, Robin Lopez, Ish Smith, Quinn Cook, Kevon Looney, Jonas Jerebko, Kenneth Faried, Gerald Green, JaMychal Green, Tyson Chandler, Jonas Valanciunas, DeAndre Jordan, Markieff Morris, Rishaun Holmes, Al-Farouq Aminu, Thaddeus Young, Ricky Rubio, Patrick Beverley, Ed Davis, Harrison Barnes, DeMarcus Cousins, TJ McConnell, Brooks Lopez, Darren Collison, Corey Joseph.

I feel like you're missing some but certainly Vuc will and should be our top priority and I actually like Ricky Rubio under the current circumstances over Terry Rozier

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I feel like you're missing some but certainly Vuc will and should be our top priority and I actually like Ricky Rubio under the current circumstances over Terry Rozier

There are certainly other UFA's but I tried to narrow down to the options that fit financially.

This looks realistic to me:

UFA:

Dewayne Dedmon, C ($9)

Ish Smith, PG ($8)

Richaun Holmes, PF/C ($2)

Jonas Jerebko, PF ($4)

Gerald Green, SF/SG ($3)

=$26 out of $34 cap space

(Hopefully the Celtics can get a good deal on RFA Maxi Kleber for two years and $8 per to be a rotational center and power forward.)

Depth Chart:

Marcus Smart/Ish Smith/Carsen Edwards

Gordon Hayward/Gerald Green/Romeo Langford

Jaylen Brown/Grant Williams/Semi Ojeleye

Jayson Tatum/Jonas Jerebko/Richaun Holmes

Dewayne Dedmon/Maxi Kleber/Robert Williams

Edited by DoleINGout

20 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Trevor Ariza, Nikola Vucevic, Taj Gibson, Dewayne Dedmon, DeMarre Carroll, Robin Lopez, Ish Smith, Quinn Cook, Kevon Looney, Jonas Jerebko, Kenneth Faried, Gerald Green, JaMychal Green, Tyson Chandler, Jonas Valanciunas, DeAndre Jordan, Markieff Morris, Rishaun Holmes, Al-Farouq Aminu, Thaddeus Young, Ricky Rubio, Patrick Beverley, Ed Davis, Harrison Barnes, DeMarcus Cousins, TJ McConnell, Brooks Lopez, Darren Collison, Corey Joseph.

On 6/22/2019 at 3:26 PM, DoleINGout said:

Either 3 bigmen + Rubio.

I would take Rondo back this season in a heartbeat. Next season? Ask me again in another year because I don't know.

Chances of Rondo returning though? Like. 1%.

The Celtics drafted two intriguing guard prospects plus Romeo Langford who is on record as saying his natural position is shooting guard. Plus they Ainge really likes Rozier and Smart, so I don't expect Rondo to come aboard although that would be awesome. The main reason I don't see it with Rondo is coming down to the reemphasis on leadership and "good people" as Ainge put it. Having just come off the Kyrie trip and with a young team, I think the Celtics will be weary of disrupting their development again. Can't really afford to taint the team culture and batch of prospects already on board with the program led by Brad Stevens.

On 6/22/2019 at 11:55 PM, DoleINGout said:

UFA:

Dewayne Dedmon, C ($9)

Ish Smith, PG ($8)

Richaun Holmes, PF/C ($2)

Jonas Jerebko, PF ($4)

Gerald Green, SF/SG ($3)

=$26 out of $34 cap space

(Hopefully the Celtics can get a good deal on RFA Maxi Kleber for two years and $8 per to be a rotational center and power forward.)

Dedmon 3-year (player/team option starting year two) 

Smith 2-year

Holmes 1-year

Jerebko 3-year (retires a Celtic at 35)

Green 2-year (with team option for second year)

Kleber 2-year (RFA thing)

Edited by DoleINGout

23 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

The main reason I don't see it with Rondo is coming down to the reemphasis on leadership and "good people" as Ainge put it. Having just come off the Kyrie trip and with a young team, I think the Celtics will be weary of disrupting their development again. Can't really afford to taint the team culture and batch of prospects already on board with the program led by Brad Stevens.

Rondo is a great character guy and leader... 

Since a lot of fans expect another veteran point guard to be added, while discussing names like Rondo, Rubio, and Rozier, another name to consider is Derrick Rose. I thought to add him to the list initially but didn't think there was a chance he would want to join the Celtics. I thought after his year in Minnesota that he would either return or go somewhere with a championship roster or get paid more than the Celtics could afford/want to pay him.

The most I look at it though, the better the fit Rose would be in my estimation. So if Rondo, Rubio, Rozier, and the others mentioned don't make it, then hopefully Rose will.

The other point guard I've been a fan of for the Celtics in 2019 is Darren Collison. Won't complain about not starting, shoots as well as just about anyone else, and smart player overall. Might be a little pricey but well worth it I think.

Edited by DoleINGout