Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

16 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Chris Paul (Trade Gordon Hayward)

Actually came in here to assess this option. Not trying to troll or anything (some might construe it as such) I’m honestly curious how you all feel about this possibility?

The money is negligible, and while Paul isn’t the same player, it’s unlikely Hayward is either. Plus that gives a leader (debate that all you want) to facilitate for Brown & Tatum. 

What if the deal was;

• Gordon Hayward + Marcus Smart
  • for
  • Chris Paul + Clint Capella

To me that would help the Celtics right the roster mix, and still have some room I think to add another guy?

Houston would do it if these internal issues are true (I believe they are) and they were serious about “everyone is on the block”

Edited by StLunatic88

5 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If I'm Boston the last thing I want is going from headcase Kyrie to headcase Chris Paul as a mentor for the young guns.

Its a very different type of "headache" though. Atleast with Paul you pretty much know exactly what to expect as its mostly on the court/hyper competitive stuff. Kyrie was a mystery on top of the headache.

I think without another true Alpha on the Boston roster, Paul would be fine. Atleast for a few years, and if he is a mess at the end, you push him off on someone, or just stretch him if needed. Because you are really getting the minutes mucked up with Hayward still there, and no one other than Houston (if the issues are real) would be all that interested in taking on Haywards money.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Actually came in here to assess this option. Not trying to troll or anything (some might construe it as such) I’m honestly curious how you all feel about this possibility?

The money is negligible, and while Paul isn’t the same player, it’s unlikely Hayward is either. Plus that gives a leader (debate that all you want) to facilitate for Brown & Tatum. 

What if the deal was;

• Gordon Hayward + Marcus Smart
  • for
  • Chris Paul + Clint Capella

To me that would help the Celtics right the roster mix, and still have some room I think to add another guy?

Houston would do it if these internal issues are true (I believe they are) and they were serious about “everyone is on the block”

As a Boston fan I would do this in a heartbeat

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

If I'm Boston the last thing I want is going from headcase Kyrie to headcase Chris Paul as a mentor for the young guns.

CP3 is nowhere near the headache of Kyrie and is certainly a better pure distributor of the ball so I think he might work out much better for the young guys as you say

I mean for one thing I don't believe CP3 thinks the Earth is flat so that's already a bonus

Edited by resilient part 2

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

Its a very different type of "headache" though. Atleast with Paul you pretty much know exactly what to expect as its mostly on the court/hyper competitive stuff. Kyrie was a mystery on top of the headache.

I think without another true Alpha on the Boston roster, Paul would be fine. Atleast for a few years, and if he is a mess at the end, you push him off on someone, or just stretch him if needed. Because you are really getting the minutes mucked up with Hayward still there, and no one other than Houston (if the issues are real) would be all that interested in taking on Haywards money.

I'd pass. Paul has been trouble everywhere he's been. Bringing him to Boston around young impressionable guys you think may be the future of your franchise is asking for trouble.

3 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

CP3 is nowhere near the headache of Kyrie and is certainly a better pure distributor of the ball so I think he might work out much better for the young guys as you say

New Orleans-Demands trade/Traded

Los Angeles-Demands trade/Traded

Houston-Demands trade

Dude is a problem.

22 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

I'd pass. Paul has been trouble everywhere he's been. Bringing him to Boston around young impressionable guys you think may be the future of your franchise is asking for trouble.

Not saying youre wrong, but if the young guys are that impressionable, then your future is already messed up after the last 2 years with Kyrie...

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not saying youre wrong, but if the young guys are that impressionable, then your future is already messed up after the last 2 years with Kyrie...

Valid point. Tatum could still be a top 25 guy and Brown not far off though.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Valid point. Tatum could still be a top 25 guy and Brown not far off though.

I really like both. But Im not sure either would be hindered by playing next to Paul. He is an all time distributor, and those arent easy to come by. He is still one one the best in the league today even at a dimished pace. I think they would be OK especially as Paul needed to do the "Load Management" thing

That Clippers thing with Doc plus the Head Case that Blake is that everyone keeps quiet (I really like him too) was a bad situation for all. Look how fast it turned around when they cleared the deck. It was everyones fault. But when it was going good, those issues werent there.

And everyone called the Paul/Harden clash before the trade was even complete. I feel like CP will get the blame, but this is probably more on Hardens fragile ego more than anything. but the Franchise needs to back the guy they are keeping

Edited by StLunatic88

More realistic than DeMarcus Cousins is Nikola Vucevic. Ainge used to be enamored with Cousins but never got a trade to work, thankfully. I think Cousins is more mature now but still is coming off a major injury not that long ago and will probably cost more/be harder to convince to come to Boston. Plus he may want to stay with the Warriors anyways. Vucevic is a really good player that I have no concerns over durability-wise.