Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

2 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

We really have 3 guards bruh, Kemba, Smart and Brown. I ain't ready to let Langford or Edwards play a substantial role. Smart is the pulse of the team. Ainge ain't gonna trade Smart to fill a need with an average type player. 

I disagree Langford can easily play a role coming off the bench Jaylen Brown will be expected to get 30 35 minutes a game

Kemba Walker gets about 36 had we have two point guards behind him that's five God's not including Marcus Smart I don't even know who we currently have at power forward?? Yabusele is not an NBA player we basically only have Robert Williams in a big man position so we definitely need more people up front and sabonis to me is a pretty solid role player especially on the Brad Stevens with his type of game

Edited by resilient part 2

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

For you nay sayers. Boston needs at least 2 PF/Centers. give me some options then..

Cauley-Stein could be a good pick up for them.  He wouldn’t need touches and could do all the dirty work for them.

• Like 1

Also Danny, take a low risk - high reward chance on Cousins. Cousins can not afford to "F UP" this year and will be on his BEST behavior. DC may not ever play like he once did, But damn for sure has the type of talent, inside and out that Brad Stevens seems to like. Plus DC is a good passer for a Big.

DC will be hungrier and healthy after sitting out much of last year. Stop signing all these mid-level (if even that) type of players Like Theis and Vincent whatever from France. F Yabusele. Are they serious??? 

Edited by resilient part 2

Looks like DeMarcus Cousins is the best bet they have to hit big in the front court with free agents. Well worth the risk and the Celtics have always had a thing for Boogie.

Kemba/Smart/Edwards/Waters

Brown/Hayward/Langford

Tatum/Williams/Ojeleye

Kanter/Theis

Cousins/Poirier/Williams

or if they just stick with what they already have:

Kemba/Edwards/Waters

Brown/Smart/Langford

Tatum/Hayward/Ojeleye

Theis/Williams/Yabusele

Kanter/Poirier/Williams

Edited by DoleINGout

42 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Smart>Marcus Morris

I guess my big difference in opinion is other than Morris > Smart, is I believe that Langford+Edwards can step in as a backups and develop faster if they play vs sitting and watching. Both have too much ability and will shine sooner than later IMO.

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Looks like DeMarcus Cousins is the best bet they have to hit big in the front court with free agents. Well worth the risk and the Celtics have always had a thing for Boogie.

Kemba/Smart/Edwards/Waters

Brown/Hayward/Langford

Tatum/Williams/Ojeleye

Kanter/Theis

Cousins/Poirier/Williams

or if they just stick with what they already have:

Kemba/Edwards/Waters

Brown/Smart/Langford

Tatum/Hayward/Ojeleye

Theis/Williams/Yabusele

Kanter/Poirier/Williams

Cousins and Kanter starting together?  Haha okay.  Tatum, Brown, and Hayward are all going to start.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Cousins and Kanter starting together?  Haha okay.  Tatum, Brown, and Hayward are all going to start.

I'm thinking for potentially in the playoffs, specifically against long teams like the Bucks and 76ers when the season matters most . The regular season lineup with change all of the time with Brad Stevens, of course.