Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Edwards, not surprisingly, was signed to a 4 year 4.5 million contract already. 

In the meantime Boston has 4 centers (not including Taco) in Theis, Canter, Williams and Vincent (something) and NOT a legit PF on the roster. Grant Williams will play PF but at only 6'6 I don't consider legit. Even in today's "position less" basketball, I don't like it.

if grant williams can bulk up and be a poor man's draymond, sign me up. dude is making me think he'll be useful. beyond that, hayward and tatum are gonna be the 4, a big ain't gonna get much time there.

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

if grant williams can bulk up and be a poor man's draymond, sign me up. dude is making me think he'll be useful. beyond that, hayward and tatum are gonna be the 4, a big ain't gonna get much time there.

I'm hoping you're right on Grant Williams for sure . I think Grant Williams has the offensive type of talent to be similar to Draymond, but Draymond is an elite defensive player don't know how close grant Williams will be in that regards

Edited by resilient part 2

Meanwhile I would like to see a Line up of Starters,

R Williams 

Hayward 

Tatum

Brown 

Kemba

Bench...

Kanter

Grant Williams

Langford

Smart

Edwards.

I want Williams to start over Kanter because Williams won't need touches other than roll to the basket and dunk. Kanter can bring his inside presence to help balance out the 2nd unit.

Smart and Edwards fit perfectly together. Scorer/shooter with a playmaker and defender.

Romeo can come in for any of the three wing players.

deep team for sure. 

But even with the better chemistry Kemba provides over Kyrie, too many ball needy players concerns me a lot.

that leaves Semi (who I do like) Theis, Vincent Trey Walters and TACKO ( I hope)

Edited by resilient part 2
  • Like 1

I expect crickets here on this,  but B Clarke > Grant Williams. And don't give me it's only summer league crap. College film, plus combine, plus measurables, then Summer league. 

and while still unproven Seymou should have been selected over Romeo. 

and Boston still could have yarded down with Phoenix with 22 and picked up Edwards in rd 2. 

Chris Broussard: The gap between Al Horford and Enes Kanter is bigger than the gap between Kyrie and Kemba. As great as Kyrie is, the Celtics are gonna miss Horford more. Kemba isn't as good as Kyrie, but they're better off with Kemba who will fit much better in Boston than Kyrie did

Edited by Leader

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Chris Broussard: The gap between Al Horford and Enes Kanter is bigger than the gap between Kyrie and Kemba. As great as Kyrie is, the Celtics are gonna miss Horford more. Kemba isn't as good as Kyrie, but they're better off with Kemba who will fit much better in Boston than Kyrie did

Yes and No, Horford will definitely be missed, THIS YEAR. But part of resigning Horford was long term as well. Not sure if signing that huge contract will be worth it a year or 2 from now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Yes and No, Horford will definitely be missed, THIS YEAR. But part of resigning Horford was long term as well. Not sure if signing that huge contract will be worth it a year or 2 from now.

Horford will slow down quickly IMO. However, his intangibles are invaluable as well as all the little things he did as a big that made the offense run. Kanter wont be that guy. 

• Like 1

Only team I truly fear matchup-wise is the Bucks and not even that much. The Raptors and Nets are going to be tough teams and the Sixers starting five is so talented that they will be a seven game series in the playoffs no matter what, but ultimately I think the Celtics come out of the east as the second best team when all is said and done. The Heat and Pacers are no pushovers either. Best chance I see of Celtics getting to the finals is if an unfortunately or untimely injury/suspension hits the Bucks.

Edited by DoleINGout

13 hours ago, Leader said:

When Horford was playing for the Gators, I didn't quite see him as a long-time NBA guy with career earnings of $267 Million. Nope. But here he is. 

On 7/18/2019 at 10:59 AM, resilient part 2 said:

Eh. Horford won't age quickly. His defense will get worse on the PnR but he'll hold onto his IQ, shooting and passing late into his career. I bet he's still a very usable player in the final year of that deal.

Kanter on the other hand...sucks.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Again I don't think this is an accurate adjective to describe the difference in talent.

I don’t see what Kanter does that Greg Monroe didn’t. They’re both great post players, who play zero defense. Kanter is a better rebounder but that’s it. I’d rather have Baynes tbh.