Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

first off, this isn't a Smart for Frank straight up. That part the edge goes to NYK. But it balances out with Portis for Theis. Secondly Frank, while NOT better than Smart would provide better chemistry IMO. In the same way Kemba is not better than Kyrie, but fits better. I have seen enough of Smart throwing up 3 pointers like he is Klay Thompson. Frank would allow the more needy scorers more touches while being close to Smart on defense. Not to mention losing Smart certainly would provide more opportunity for our top pick Romeo Langford.

Even if you don't agree with Frank-Smart, again it's Portis for Theis as the main portion of this trade. Portis is a bigger, meaner, more skilled version of Theis who can play both PF and Center for Boston. And Boston needs that most. 

I disagree. Portis isn't much of an upgrade over Theis if at all. You're underrating Theis and overrating Portis imo. They also really like Theis so I don't think this trade is viable in any scenario 

I also strongly disagree about a young rookie coming in and not playing providing better chemistry than your longest tenured player. Whether you like Smart's shot selection or not, he's vastly better than Frank at this point and the dude never takes a game off. Never. That trade is bizarre. 

1 hour ago, Troy Brown said:

Theis and Smart just combined for 12-24 with 6-14 from 3, 13 rebounds, 7 assists, and 30 points against the best team in the east and you wanna trade em for a bench warmer and a hot headed rotational big

How you even gonna 

Just finished watching the game on delay and figured one of you guys would comment. YES tonight Smart and Theis (mostly Smart) were incredible. And if they played like this every night then Yes you are right. But they don't and won't be this good too often. 

I did preface my original comment that I would be in the minority. So sue me if I don't agree.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Smart was instrumental in that win vs the Bucks

Oh and Kemba is better than Kyrie... fight me

Kemba just is so much better of a person on and off the court, It's a no brainer that he "should" help Boston more than Kyrie. As for Smart, that may have been his best offensive and defensive performance in a game I can remember. keep that up And I will eat crow. But if/when Smart goes "nut job" on offense I want to hear from you guys as well.

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Theis and Smart both play better than Portis and Frank nearly 80 percent of the time if not 100000 percent of the time 

different teams and different roles makes for a hard to judge comparison. Only speculation of course, but Bobby Portis with this Boston team would be so much better than he is now. 

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

different teams and different roles makes for a hard to judge comparison. Only speculation of course, but Bobby Portis with this Boston team would be so much better than he is now. 

Okay even if he is marginally better than Theis (who you for some reason are giving no credit) you can't HONESTLY truly believe Frank is any sort of upgrade over Smart at the moment 

1 minute ago, Troy Brown said:

You don't remember many games, then. You don't remember the game where he killed the cavs in the ecf?

I remember being one game away from the championship series and Smart and Rozier couldn't hit the side of a barn yet kept putting up shots left and right. 

Smart has had "great moments" but he has had just as many WTF moments as well.

Boston needs a solid Big upfront  more than they need a guard like Smart off the bench. 

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Okay even if he is marginally better than Theis (who you for some reason are giving no credit) you can't HONESTLY truly believe Frank is any sort of upgrade over Smart at the moment 

Smart > Frank no question. But as I stated already, Boston needs a Big. Smart is or will stunt the growth of Romeo Langford, Carson Edwards and Greene. There are many other reasons than just Smart vs Frank.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Smart > Frank no question. But as I stated already, Boston needs a Big. Smart is or will stunt the growth of Romeo Langford, Carson Edwards and Greene. There are many other reasons than just Smart vs Frank.

We ain't rebuilding, bro. We have one of the elite of the elite defensive players in Smart, we need him.