Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

22 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

A guy that isnt talked about but I wonder if we can nab is Wendell Carter Jr from Chicago. Not sure how highly the Bulls regard him but I think he can be a low cost answer to the rebounding issues. 

He's going to cost quite a bit.  More than Boston can realistically give up.

20 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

He's going to cost quite a bit.  More than Boston can realistically give up.

That's the keyword, realistically. Guys either have too big a cap hit or are too young and full of potential. There really isnt a sweet spot. Saw this on reddit today that sums it up nicely:

6 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

That's the keyword, realistically. Guys either have too big a cap hit or are too young and full of potential. There really isnt a sweet spot. Saw this on reddit today that sums it up nicely:

What would you expect Boston to have to give up so get Wendell Carter? Salary Phyllis and maybe I will Memphis pick I guess?

Meanwhile anyone remember watching Tatum in his rookie year shooting 3 pointers? If you do you would see Tatum shooting straight up jumpers. Now he is doing all kind of step back. extra dribbbling and off balance shooting. And his shooting is way down. I don't know who had a greater impact on his "fancy shooting" Kobe or his so called big time trainer Drew Hanlen. I have seen training videos with Drew and he does all this "extra" footwork and dribbling shet. I see some of these moves as necessary if/when the shot clock is almost gone, but other than that it is just not fundamentally sound. 

Other than Steph Curry and James Harden, and maybe a few others, all the best shooters now and then stayed straight up. Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Klay Thompson, Steve Kerr, KD, Dirk (not including post fade aways) Glenn Rice, Mark Price, Dell Curry, just to name a few. 

I get that Tatum is trying to be elite like a Kobe-Harden. And I do love that drive in a player, But Maybe there should be a rule or 2. Shoot it late in the clock or not at all. If you shoot it late and start making good pcts. Then you can add it to your regular arsenal. 

If Tatum doesn't improve those shot selections, he will only tease greatness, not achieve it.

10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Meanwhile anyone remember watching Tatum in his rookie year shooting 3 pointers? If you do you would see Tatum shooting straight up jumpers. Now he is doing all kind of step back. extra dribbbling and off balance shooting. And his shooting is way down. I don't know who had a greater impact on his "fancy shooting" Kobe or his so called big time trainer Drew Hanlen. I have seen training videos with Drew and he does all this "extra" footwork and dribbling shet. I see some of these moves as necessary if/when the shot clock is almost gone, but other than that it is just not fundamentally sound. 

Other than Steph Curry and James Harden, and maybe a few others, all the best shooters now and then stayed straight up. Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Klay Thompson, Steve Kerr, KD, Dirk (not including post fade aways) Glenn Rice, Mark Price, Dell Curry, just to name a few. 

I get that Tatum is trying to be elite like a Kobe-Harden. And I do love that drive in a player, But Maybe there should be a rule or 2. Shoot it late in the clock or not at all. If you shoot it late and start making good pcts. Then you can add it to your regular arsenal. 

If Tatum doesn't improve those shot selections, he will only tease greatness, not achieve it.

Tatum was better as a rookie shooting. Much more consistent, decisive, dependable, dangerous.

4 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Yes, that was my point. His shot selection now is F ing up his shooting.

I know that is your point, I concur.

Also, I will be attending the game tonight. Should be fun, although I'm bummed Hayward is out. As is Robert Williams and I think Marcus Smart still. 😕

Romeo looks studly.

Grant finally showing some chops offensively although still committing some turnovers.

Green continues to be a pleasant surprise.

Tacko is more athletic than given credit for since his height is the main draw.

Enes Kanter is just not clicking yet and I wonder if Ainge will move on.

Overall good night against the Pistons. Fun game to see live.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Romeo looks studly.

Grant finally showing some chops offensively although still committing some turnovers.

Green continues to be a pleasant surprise.

Tacko is more athletic than given credit for since his height is the main draw.

Enes Kanter is just not clicking yet and I wonder if Ainge will move on.

Overall good night against the Pistons. Fun game to see live.

You mean in body shape or looks like a stud? 

and Yes on your Tacko comment. 

would definitely be surprising but with how jaylen brown still holds a grudge against last seasons team, i wonder if the celtics would ultimately trade him basically straight up for andre drummond

would rather move hayward and kanter if push came to shove for drummond or steven adams or possibly myles turner but im speculating on the inner workings of the celtics operation and what they are possibly thinking when it comes to their roster construction

i would be more disappointed than shocked if anything should jaylen ever be traded but i think i understand what their rationalizing is either way

10 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

would definitely be surprising but with how jaylen brown still holds a grudge against last seasons team, i wonder if the celtics would ultimately trade him basically straight up for andre drummond

would rather move hayward and kanter if push came to shove for drummond or steven adams or possibly myles turner but im speculating on the inner workings of the celtics operation and what they are possibly thinking when it comes to their roster construction

i would be more disappointed than shocked if anything should jaylen ever be traded but i think i understand what their rationalizing is either way

Boston needs a real center for sure, BUT no way do I see Ainge trading J Brown at 22 for anyone at center. JB has been playing really well so far. Remember JB and Tatum are 22 and 21 years old. That is a foundation for the next 10 years.

And maybe that grudge you're talking about is a "chip on his shoulder" that will keep him playing much harder.  

Edited by resilient part 2

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Boston needs a real center for sure, BUT no way do I see Ainge trading J Brown at 22 for anyone at center. JB has been playing really well so far. Remember JB and Tatum are 22 and 21 years old. That is a foundation for the next 10 years.

And maybe that grudge you're talking about is a "chip on his shoulder" that will keep him playing much harder.  

99.999% don't agree with a jaylen trade even this season for drummond. it was more just a thought that what if the celtics dont like jaylen talking in the media about leadership this and leadership that taking subliminal or even not so subtle hits at kyrie specifically. that is all.

like it would have to be a trust and respect issue with the C's and Jaylen based on not putting things aside and instead agitating a situation that otherwise wouldnt be there if he just kept quiet/jaylen kept his jabs to himself.

also

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/celtics/detroit-pistons-andre-drummond-disses-boston-celtics-jaylen-brown-over-all-star-selection

the drummond comments are not a big issue in reality, just circling back to the thought discussion on jaylen's outspokenness as it relates to the potential for the C's to have any motivation, (however minuscule), to choose to move jaylen of all people in their quest for an all star level big. granted the difference concerning the celtics between drummond's outspokenness and jaylen's is that drummond's comment is isolated to a general, indirect all star ballot from a year ago whereas jaylen has "went there" on kyrie numerous times, (unprovoked even at times), in addition to spilling tea on the whole "we were calling grant williams ben simmons" thing.

after so much brashness it becomes an issue of like, "okay jaylen, we get it, you like to articulate how you feel but please STFU sometimes. you're creating an unnecessary distraction and target on the team because you can't separate professional relationships from personal and move on from a situation like a grown adult apparently."

that is all. 🍔

not to say that drummond isn't outspoken either, but he seems a little more mature or at least seems to have demonstrated a slightly greater capacity to keep a lid on it than jaylen.

i think both drummond and jaylen are great for any nba team btw. this whole thought discussion is derived from the fact that both players have never had a greater trade value than now. i would love drummond probably as much as i have enjoyed jaylen being apart of the celtics.

Edited by DoleINGout

Romeo with another encouraging game. only 3-6 but was 2-3 from 3.. Some good defense as well.

Tacko should remain on the active roster all year. as I already said he is definitely better than Vincent Poirier. 

Grant Williams finally playing well. If he can be at least pretty good to good it will offset the not drafting of B Clarke.

Tatum with 39 tonight. I think 21 points in the 4th quarter in just 9 minutes. 3 blocks as well.