Boston Celtics Thread

Deadpulse

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Theis is a solid big up front, at least as much as portis lol

THIS is our big disagreement here. Theis is marginal at best. My belief is, but unproven that Portis would excel "more than Theis " under the circumstances that Theis enjoys in Boston. That's why I said I would be in the minority. Because I can't prove my gut feeling.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

THIS is our big disagreement here. Theis is marginal at best. My belief is, but unproven that Portis would excel "more than Theis " under the circumstances that Theis enjoys in Boston. That's why I said I would be in the minority. Because I can't prove my gut feeling.

I mean, Theis has some pretty ridiculous defensive stats. Really not seeing this argument but you're entitled to your opinion 

Theis had a rough game against the Bucks for the most part, but Marcus Smart was sensational. I love the boost Kemba gives at least once per game to change momentum in the Celtics favor. Tatum and Hayward finding their stride in the second half was hugely encouraging after last seasons mental struggles doing the same thing. With a healthy roster this team is good enough to beat anyone in the East and compete with anyone in the West.

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Theis had a rough game against the Bucks for the most part, but Marcus Smart was sensational. I love the boost Kemba gives at least once per game to change momentum in the Celtics favor. Tatum and Hayward finding their stride in the second half was hugely encouraging after last seasons mental struggles doing the same thing. With a healthy roster this team is good enough to beat anyone in the East and compete with anyone in the West.

Agreed But those chances get even better with a better big. .. I hope Danny Ainge can find that one key player that could put us one more up.

On that note the rumors say Marc Gasol or Steve Adams maybe a Target for Boston. I would love Steve Adams. Don't know what the salary matches would be. I would have guessed Marcus Smart like it or not would have to be involved in the trade to match salaries. Throwing a young player and a first-round pick next year and maybe it gets done

Edited by resilient part 2

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

On that note the rumors say Marc Gasol or Steve Adams maybe a Target for Boston. I would love Steve Adams. Don't know what the salary matches would be. I would have guessed Marcus Smart like it or not would have to be involved in the trade to match salaries. Throwing a young player and a first-round pick next year and maybe it gets done

we would need to trade Hayward to get Adams or Gasol. That or 2/3rds of our team. More realistic big man trade targets would be one of the Magic boys, Myles Turner, Randle, 

48 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

Also, While I like Robert Williams and his potential, I really wanted Boston to draft former McDonald all American Mitchel Robinson instead. Similar players overall, but MR has more size and upside. and is pretty quick on the perimeter. To think this squad could have Devin Booker and M Robinson...

Damnnnnn...

meh, I prefer Rob but I think they're have the same impact basically. I guess Mitchell is more proven and consistent. Ceiling seems higher in Williams if he is healthy though.

Theis, Wanamaker, and Ojeleye off to yucky starts this season.

11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

meh, I prefer Rob but I think they're have the same impact basically. I guess Mitchell is more proven and consistent. Ceiling seems higher in Williams if he is healthy though.

Theis, Wanamaker, and Ojeleye off to yucky starts this season.

were you expecting different? Theis is a role player at best, Wanabe is a 3rd string pg at best and Ojeleye is a good defender but has never made 2 3s in a row it seems. I like 3 and D guys, but his 3 is lacking.

I much preferer Williams for his shot blocking, probably rebounding and his tremendous pick and roll ability finish ability. But Brad rather have Theis spot up and shot 3s. 

freakin Brad needs to play Romeo, let him make mistakes ut learn as he goes. Sitting stunts the growth of players. Imagine Miami saying to Nunn and Heirro, your too young you need to learn first.. 

36 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Ultimately I dont think any trades are necessary this season, but if there is one move I'd consider making involving Marcus Smart it would be for Myles Turner.

Yeah I don’t see a trade happening this year at all. Just the young guys play. 

Next year tho I could see them trading Hayward with his expiring for a big.

Edited by Fresh Prince