The "Who else should we trade for?" thread (non-WR edition)

berlin calling

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Desmond King was rumored to be available for trade during the offseason and seems disgruntled being relegated to a backup role.

Could be a cheap option to fill in at NB and keep 44 where he's best at.

Yeah I sort of disregarded the trade option as unlikely but looking over how barren the prospects are at corner, it might be the only way to go. We could go with UFAs but they’ll be older and played the majority of their career on the boundary, asking them to move inside to keep our corners where they operate best would be difficult.

That said, if King was disgruntled on social media, he might be the type of talent we might’ve been interested in, but the wrong kind of person. Even with our defense he would be splitting nickel opportunities with Smith. Different roles obviously but looking at the snap counts for the Chargers he’s played roughly 60% of their snaps on defense. Tavon Young in week 1 played about 50% of snaps. If he’s still unhappy with his role there, he certainly wouldn’t be happy with the same kind of reduced role here.

• 4 weeks later...

with the bye week ahead, now'd be the time for any trade i guess to enable the player to get somewhat accustomed here.
guess we'll find out if EDC and staff are content with their current roster.

still hoping for Mack from the Falcons for like a 6th to be the new Birk. this line needs help first and foremost, three youngsters in the middle are clearly holding this offense back. days of dominant ground game have gone w/ Yanda, if they want to keep their identity they'll need to do something on  that front imo.

14 hours ago, berlin calling said:

with the bye week ahead, now'd be the time for any trade i guess to enable the player to get somewhat accustomed here.
guess we'll find out if EDC and staff are content with their current roster.

still hoping for Mack from the Falcons for like a 6th to be the new Birk. this line needs help first and foremost, three youngsters in the middle are clearly holding this offense back. days of dominant ground game have gone w/ Yanda, if they want to keep their identity they'll need to do something on  that front imo.

Yeah I think we're going to see a trade happen before the Steelers game. My guess is WR but OL also a definite possibility. 

27 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

but OL also a definite possibility. 

I'm trying to recall any notable/big midseason OL trades that have gone down recently in the league. Not saying we wouldn't make/consider such a move either, just can't really think of a strong previous move from any club we could point to.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Do it DeCosta. Do it. Already a force against the run, with All-Pro Interior Pass Rush upside. 

I know you're thinking about it. I know Ozzie is whispering Bama Bama. Bring this beast to Baltimore.

The Shining Jack Nicholson Behind The Scenes GIFs - Get the best GIF on  GIPHY

What are you willing to give up? He ain't coming cheap.

Trading for Williams would be a long game move though that would also have short term dividends. If they’re willing to move him for a 2nd we should absolutely have our hat in the ring.

Personally I’d prefer Denzel Mims to be the trade target, but Williams was the better prospect and is likely to be the better impact talent. Even considering the law of diminishing returns. With Williams in tow, our front 7 should rival what the 49ers were working with last season... when considering CC, Williams, and Ngakoue. Especially when Madubuike, Ward, Wolfe, Judon, McPhee, Ferguson, and Bowser as key reserves/contributors.

edit: Long game move because Campbell only has another year on his deal after this season and is likely going to retire at that point. Adding Williams would give the defense long term stability upfront. Trading a 1st for him would be a good move, but trading a 2nd for him would be highway robbery. It would certainly need to happen. Especially when considering this draft will be largely influenced by COVID-19. I’m sure many players will decide to stay an extra season if they aren’t slamdunk type picks like Trevor Lawrence.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1