Oh my God! We're having a fire... sale!!!

ET80

44 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Its shady and im sure illegal, but too bad we cant find a way to trade Fuller with the understanding that we will sign him this off season

It may be shady, but not illegal.... it's why a team would probably not be willing to trade a day 2 pick without assurances from Fuller that he will re-sign with the acquiring team.

But a playoff focused team (GB, TB, CLE) may be willing to give a 5th - 7th for a mid-season rental.

We gave up a 4th & 7th for Demaryius Thomas and a 7th IIRC. (He was cut as opposed to being a free agent.)

1 hour ago, jch1911 said:

It may be shady, but not illegal.... it's why a team would probably not be willing to trade a day 2 pick without assurances from Fuller that he will re-sign with the acquiring team.

But a playoff focused team (GB, TB, CLE) may be willing to give a 5th - 7th for a mid-season rental.

We gave up a 4th & 7th for Demaryius Thomas and a 7th IIRC. (He was cut as opposed to being a free agent.)

I get that, but I am not willing to take that kind of deal for Fuller. Its a 1st or we keep him. We can afford to keep one of Cooks and Fuller. We need to. 

16 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

I get that, but I am not willing to take that kind of deal for Fuller. Its a 1st or we keep him. We can afford to keep one of Cooks and Fuller. We need to. 

I hear you... but I think if a team offered up a 2nd (not likely) or a 3rd (potentially), the team would have to take a look at it.

If you lose Fuller in free agency and get a compensatory pick for him (complicated), it would be a low 3rd at best.

10 minutes ago, jch1911 said:

I hear you... but I think if a team offered up a 2nd (not likely) or a 3rd (potentially), the team would have to take a look at it.

If you lose Fuller in free agency and get a compensatory pick for him (complicated), it would be a low 3rd at best.

we could use the Transition tag on him, I think this year it pays 15 million, which isnt terrible considering he is getting 10 already. That allows him to continuing negotiating for a deal somewhere and we would have the right to match it. thats a win/win for me. Much better than the franchise tag would be. 

47 minutes ago, tab said:

do you think Miami would do a straight swap for Xavien Howard for Fuller or something like that

Nah - Howard is moving for a 1st. A talented CB under team control for four years vs a talented WR who is due to be a FA in nine more games?

Xavien Howard is completely off the table.