Week 5 Oakland (2-2) vs Baltimore (2-2)

drfrey13

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Oh of course.... this offense when from hero to zero for seemingly no reason. Same way I feel regarding Musgrave. His structure seemed to work. This has the feel of an OC who doesn't know what to call. Just trying to things.... how can you not scheme Cooper open?? 

My issues w/ the defense is the amount of resources invested into a secondary that doesn't make plays. Yes, 2 rookies are down.... but explain the veteran guys. 

I can't believe I'm making excuses for the defense given the crap that is happening today.  Maybe its because I'm not watching.  But: Smith/Amerson had huge dead cap hits.  Rolling with Amerson is A-okay in my book, he's had some success and is still young enough to fix his issues.  Smith: most days you could stick a fork in him, but other days he's fine.  Maybe keep Borders over him but he was shaky too.  At least Smith has experience, and I feel like we would not have found a good alternative off the street right before week 1.  I mean, Smith has been benched for Carrie and Conley.  Staff can't help Amerson getting his bell rung and Conley's shins.  Nelson: they needed some experience on the back end.  I would have been happier with signing a different safety but Nelson knows the scheme and team and he's well liked in the locker room enough to be a captain.  Plus he sometimes gets turnovers.  Plus it felt like we'd phase him out.  I wonder why we don't see more Luani though; not expecting him to be lights out, but some snaps while Obi is out would be cool

Yeah I feel like TD is shell shocked.  He did great vs Tennessee and NYJ.  But it seems like he isn't a great gameplanner yet and he isn't fully capable of adjusting when things don't go according to script.  Something we also knocked Musgrave for.  Let's not forget how many offers he had on the table.  I know that's a weak crutch, but all I'm saying is give him time.  What baffles me is the OL play.  I mean, they were overrated a little but I cannot comprehend why they're so poor.

Archived