My first offseason mock

LoganF89

Traded this year

Ryan Kerrigan- 49ers 4th 2020 why? 49ers in a tough division need a replacement for the injured Joey Bosa

Dwayne Haskins- Pittsburgh 3rd 2020 why? Steelers will be picking late and need a backup QB for the future and it allows Haskins to sit behind an established QB 

Ryan Anderson- Seahawks 6th Why? They are a team that has reached out and looking for depth 

Washington FA

Brandon Scherff walks- too much money for a player accumulating injuries

Chase Roullier walks- to me he’s average and they drafted his replacement last year that fits a zone system

Ronald Darby Resigns- I believe his play garners him a new deal for 2 more years, he’s still young and had played well

Fabian Moreau walks- outside of the late part of last year I haven’t seen much in his time here besides injuries. He’s good depth but I would only offer a year and I think he wants a longer deal

Peyton Barber walks- jag player, rather give his spot to a rookie

Reuban Foster Resigns- vet minimum, I think he realizes we took a chance and giving him the chance to rehab, realizes this is his last shot

Thomas Davis Retires- we are all thinking it

KPL- resigns- another 1 year deal he’s a tackling machine and seems like a Del Rio guy

Dustin Hopkins walks- I get tired of a kick missed per game

Cuts

Alex Smith- it hurts but needs to be done. The story is amazing but the amount of money saved  makes this the right move

Morgan Moses- he had one great year and got paid, he’s been a liability ever since

Free Agency

with the carry over cap space, trades, cuts, and walks, we are looking near the 90 mill if not more in cap space 

Taylor Moton OT- he’s versatile and has played guard as well, he’s a solid RT and has ability to play the left side. Only 26 years old 

John Miller OG- another panthers o lineman, he’s started every game he’s played as a pro at RG. He may not be a top 5 guard but he’s definitely a top 15, he’s 27 years old 

Brandon McManus K- self explanatory we need a good kicker and he fits the mold!

Chris Godwin WR- this is the guy I want as far as all the talented Wide receivers in this class go, he’s only 25, his skill set reminds me of Terry’s in the fact that he can do everything, route running, deep speed, and sure hands. A ton of good WR available like juju, Robinson, golladay, and Samuel, I would take any of them but I go with Godwin here

Keanu Neal FS- he’s one of my favorite players. Has had injury problems but he’s only 25 and fills a huge need on defense

Draft

I have us picking 10th in the draft, here is a list of picks

plenty of draft capital!

trade Jets trade their second first pick 31 and their 2nd rounder to Washington for pick number 10 and a 6th in order to draft WR Devonta Smith.

1. Trey Smith OL Tennessee- Smith can play every position on the line. I had him in the 2nd round last year if he came out. We pick him here. Gotta continue to beef up the line

2. Zack Wilson QB BYU- this is my crush in the draft this year. I believe in an open competition with Allen for the starting spot, if not Allen starting the season at the beginning

2. Brevin Jordan TE Miami- a do it all TE who is a mold of Jordan Reed without the injuries. Truly what this offense needs the most!

Trade with the dolphins. Washington trades two of their 3 3rd rounders to move up to take OT Alaric Jackson OT Iowa. Once again we need to solidly this offensive line. This pick may allow us to keep Charles as our LG or to potentially have him be our swing tackle. Charles has had injuries his whole first season so far so it’s a big Insurance move.

3 Charles Snowden LB UVA- 6’6” 235 lb linebacker that can cover and show up in the run game. Could push for a starting spot

4.Kenneth gainwell RB Memphis. Let’s run it back with another Memphis RB. This can be our committee right here! Memphis has put out solid running backs the last few years!

4. Derion Kendrick CB Clemson- he takes Morelia’s spot. Has been solid for Clemson this year. 

5.Luke Farrell TE Ohio St.- I take another TE here reason being is that we need a top blocking guy and someone with great size. At 6’6” 255 Farrell seems worth the pick.

7. Brady White QB Memphis- this is a developmental pick but if we do carry 3 QBs I could see him actually making the team!

Rough Depth Chart.

QB Allen/Wilson/White

RB Gibson/Gainwell/McKissic/Love

WR McLaurin/Godwin/Sims/Harmon/Golden

TE Jordan/Thomas/Farrell

LT Jackson/Charles

LG Smith/Martin

OC Ismael

RG Miller/Schweitzer

RT Moton/Charles 

DE Young/Orchard

DE Sweat/ Smith-Williams

DT Payne/Settle

DT Allen/ Ioannidis 

LB Holcomb/Foster

LB Bostic/ Hudson

LB Snowden/ KPL

CB Fuller/Kendrick

CB Darby/Johnson

SCB Moreland

FS Neal/Everett 

SS Collins/Curl

K McManus

I went in to this wanting to completely revamp the offensive line while getting a few new playmakers to help the QB position. The offensive additions of Godwin and Brevin Jordan instantly gives us more power and takes pressure off of Terry. Gainwell will be a good one two punch with Gibson. 

The offensive Line gets a complete new look. I debated if I wanted to take a LT early but I opted against it. Reason being is bc Moton could play it as well as Charles and with drafting Trey Smith he can play every position on the line.

I really didn’t address much on defense like I should of but with Neal we finally have a good FS as long as he can stay healthy. I think Snowden can come in and take one of the LB spots immediately.

a few spots I didn’t address was backup edge players which I should have and more Corner depth outside of Kendrick in the 4th round

All together I think we Instantly get better and have our QB of the future in Wilson!

Thoughts?

Edited by LoganF89
  • Like 1

Moses hasnt held and been solid and cant let Schreff go best lineman we got. Would keep Fabien around. If defense holds up Landon Collins is gone 

Long shot but would offer a 3rd for OBJ hes been a good sport . Use our 1st pick for an LT and 2nd pick for a Guard. Would bring in a free agent Guard and Center. Use our other 3RD round pick for a TE. 4th to 7th round would draft LB and DBs.

Bears lost both Guards...

Be interesting if they inquire about Scherff.

As much as I like him, he's on the last year of his deal. He also has an injury history.

It would be hard to pass up, if the Bears offered a 2nd or more for him.

But we've gone from being an aggressive team in FA & trades, to sit back and watch missed opportunity walk on by.

Why can't we find a middle ground?

3 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Moses hasnt held and been solid and cant let Schreff go best lineman we got. Would keep Fabien around. If defense holds up Landon Collins is gone 

Long shot but would offer a 3rd for OBJ hes been a good sport . Use our 1st pick for an LT and 2nd pick for a Guard. Would bring in a free agent Guard and Center. Use our other 3RD round pick for a TE. 4th to 7th round would draft LB and DBs.

Wouldn’t be able to cut Landon until next year

Downgrade in the OL IMO. Roullier to Ismael is a downgrade. Not convinced Moton is an upgrade over Moses. Moses has played well this year. John Miller is fine, but again he’s a downgrade from Scherff.

I doubt Jackson comes in and wins the LT position as a rookie. Maybe so, but I have to doubt that he’d be better than Christian or Charles at LT.

Keanu Neal is a SS, I don’t think he’s capable of playing FS. At this point I see no reason to replace Everrett at FS. He’s been solid.

Edited by turtle28

On 11/2/2020 at 3:27 PM, LoganF89 said:

Wouldn’t be able to cut Landon until next year

We can cut Landon in March, it will only costs us $1.6 million.

And again, I know so sound like a broken record but I’d keep Collins and move him to WLB. We do that and then sign or draft a SLB, and move Holcomb to the middle and we cut Bostic and we may have a good LB corps. Or, we keep Holcomb at SLB and sign or draft an upgrade at MLB. It’s clear we need to upgrade the MLB spot - Holcomb could be a long term answer at MLB or at SLB - but it’s clear we need to upgrade the other LB spot that Holcomb isn’t starting at next year.

To me, moving Collins to WLB and then drafting/signing an upgrade at either FS or SS and then having Everrett start at the other safety position seems like a good answer/upgrade to the LB & safety positions to me. 

Edited by turtle28

If we beat the Giants Sunday? I truly believe we will go on to win the Division 

Problem is, Daniel Jones is 3-0 vs Washington. 4-20 something overall in his career. Kinda ridiculous, really.

I say this because Dallas is looking @ 2-7 vs Pittsburgh if they lose.

Giants is looking @ 1-8, if they lose to us.

We would be sitting @ 3-5 overall & 3-1 inside division.

To me, it's pretty simple. I think Dallas & Giants are finished.

I believe we're the only team that can challenge the Eagles for the Division.

It's starts this weekend, folks!

19 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Problem is, Daniel Jones is 3-0 vs Washington. 4-20 something overall in his career. Kinda ridiculous, really.

Always the optimistic one Ace,props to you but this thread is about his mock offseason not the rest of this season.Should be in division thread

On 11/7/2020 at 12:24 PM, aceinthehouse said:

And we lost so, welp eugene levy shrug GIF by Vanity Fair

• Like 1

The biggest problem with this offseason, for me, is the same problem I think a lot of us are running into with our own — left tackle. It’s just really, REALLY hard to find one of these guys without using a 1st round pick. But that leaves you with another problem: which OT likely to be available after Sewell feels like a franchise LT? Between Cosmi, Leatherwood, and Mayfield, there’s likely to be an option there...but are they good bets to be the guy?

I like Alaric Jackson, but to me he’s a guard. I’ve said lots of times on here that I don’t really believe in the likelihood of finding LTs later than the early 2nd round area — but I absolutely love taking college OTs and converting them into NFL OGs. You know he’s probably a good athlete, that’s why he ended up playing OT his whole career. He should be pretty mobile for the OG position, and he’ll have had plenty of experience playing in space. Find a college OT with heavy hands and a good solid base and you’ve got yourself a potential high level OG in the making. 

I’m not really criticizing you for this, because I don’t have a great idea for LT either. It would be pure magic if somehow the Packers decided to let Bakhtiari get away. I would break the bank for that guy to come be our Andrew Whitworth for the next 5ish seasons. But if they keep him (as they clearly should)? I mean it seems like we’re stuck either dropping our 1st on one of these second tier OTs or running it back with more competition between Charles, Christian and Big Corn Lucas. 

• Like 1

@e16bball I think Whitworth retires, he almost retired after the last two seasons but didn’t bc he wanted to give it one more shot at a Super Bowl. If he re-signs anywhere It will be back to the Rams. He’s not coming here and he’s old. 

I really think our staring LT next year is going to be Gerron Christian which Lucas & Sharpe being the back ups to Christian and Moses.

I agree with the rest of your post.

Speaking of pure magic/luck Bakhtiari falling to the Packers in round 3 and him becoming all pro is so lucky, not as lucky as the Patriots luck boxing themselves into Tom Brady in the 6th round, but the Packers were lucky with that pick.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

@e16bball I think Whitworth retires, he almost retired after the last two seasons but didn’t bc he wanted to give it one more shot at a Super Bowl. If he re-signs anywhere It will be back to the Rams. He’s not coming here and he’s old. 

I wasn’t saying I want Whitworth, I was saying I want Bakhtiari to be our Whitworth: a proven veteran LT that joins a young offense and stabilizes the OL and holds down a promising QB’s blind side for several years. 

Bakhtiari is so good as a pass protector, I feel like he’s definitely one of those guys who will remain at a high level for a while (barring injury, which is a real concern with him I suppose). And with our offense favoring guys with a little more mobility, as opposed to flat out maulers, he probably could continue to make it work in the run/perimeter pass game as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I wasn’t saying I want Whitworth, I was saying I want Bakhtiari to be our Whitworth: a proven veteran LT that joins a young offense and stabilizes the OL and holds down a promising QB’s blind side for several years. 

Bakhtiari is so good as a pass protector, I feel like he’s definitely one of those guys who will remain at a high level for a while (barring injury, which is a real concern with him I suppose). And with our offense favoring guys with a little more mobility, as opposed to flat out maulers, he probably could continue to make it work in the run/perimeter pass game as well.

Oh, agreed there but like you, I doubt it happens bc Green Bay would be crazy to let him go.

I think they need to take a long look at Moton in FA and work him out, decide if he can be a LT, he’s played some before. He’s primarily a RT this year but you never know. 

that’s a dream scenario if he can play LT and comes in cheaper than the older crew like Williams and bhaktiari