The Washington Football Team (2-5) vs The New York Football Giants (1-7)

MikeT14

2 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Agree.  But ironic how many were chastised for saying something similar about a Haskins game.  Alex Smith definitely  moved the ball down field.  But I would rather watch Haskins lose us games than Smith.

We will learn a lot from Rivera next week.  Like I am curious if Cam Sims gets the start or they put him back on bench.  If you go by competition, I believe Sims has earned it.

No doubt Cam Sims showed up to play today. I have always been impressed by his blocking as a WR, but he made the plays when the ball came his way this week and I would like to see him more often on the field. Maybe they can shift McLaurin into the slot more with a big physical presence on the outside.

3 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Good game guys. We know this feeling, believe me... it happens every time we play Philly.

I hope Allen heals up quick. And props to Alex Smith, who I thought we might never see on the field again.

Allen dislocated his ankle and has a slight fracture in his ankle and it could even be worse w/ torn ligaments when they do an MRI. He’s not going to be back this year.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Everybody finds the checkdowns and the safe throws and the settling for punts and FGs to be boring. And they are. But it’s winning football. You can’t win the game just by playing it safe and avoiding turnovers — but you can often put yourself in a position to win by taking what’s there and not making the fatal mistakes. 

In a close game, I agree.

Unfortunately, Smith would play the same way when they needed points (see 2018 Arizona game). I will admit that I was pleasantly surprised in that TD pass to McLaurin because it wasn't what I expected. I was worried they would have ground out the drive and spent 5 minutes doing it. So, I was wrong on that.

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

No doubt Cam Sims showed up to play today. I have always been impressed by his blocking as a WR, but he made the plays when the ball came his way this week and I would like to see him more often on the field. Maybe they can shift McLaurin into the slot more with a big physical presence on the outside.

Hopefully Cam Sims continues to get playing time and Steven Sims works his way back to be our starting slot WR over the next week. He looked winded today after his one punt return and then his catch where he tried to run out of bounds on the next play. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t know but I’m just saying. My post was pretty straight forward.

Exactly, you drinking the kool-aid.

giphy.gif

We all know that Ron Rivera is lying when he tells the media that Haskins isn't done in DC. If he wasn't done, he would have been demoted to Second string. Not all the way down below Montez for practice snaps.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Woz said:

In a close game, I agree.

Unfortunately, Smith would play the same way when they needed points (see 2018 Arizona game). I will admit that I was pleasantly surprised in that TD pass to McLaurin because it wasn't what I expected. I was worried they would have ground out the drive and spent 5 minutes doing it. So, I was wrong on that.

You mean the game we won? And the game that PRich would’ve had a 70 yard TD reception in from Smith if he wasn’t grabbed on the play so he couldn’t catch the ball and go to the house?

Just now, turtle28 said:

Hopefully Cam Sims continues to get playing time and Steven Sims works his way back to be our starting slot WR over the next week. He looked winded today after his one punt return and then his catch where he tried to run out of bounds on the next play. 

The punt return that he almost dropped....

Steven Sims is a JAG and shouldn't see the field anymore.

Just now, Slappy Mc said:

Exactly, you drinking the kool-aid.

giphy.gif

We all know that Ron Rivera is lying when he tells the media that Haskins isn't done in DC. If he wasn't done, he would have been demoted to Second string. Not all the way down below Montez for practice snaps.

giphy.gif

I’m not, you’re taking my post out of context.

6 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re responding to my original post and from what I can tell you’re taking it out of context.

I'm telling you what I was in the process of typing right before the pick. I liked the aggressiveness, but didn't understand why they were attacking the middle of the field when the clock was a major risk factor.

None of it mattered when he made a horrible decision.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

You mean the game we won? And the game that PRich would’ve had a 70 yard TD reception in from Smith if he wasn’t grabbed on the play so he couldn’t catch the ball and go to the house?

Excuse me, the 2018 Colts game. The one where they were down big late and they showed zero urgency to move the ball downfield.