Week 9 - GDT - Saints (5-2) @ Buccs (6-2)

Mid Iowa

11 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

This has been fun one. Is it already time for us to peak at midseason just to lose a heartbreaker in the playoffs ?

You know it.  We always seem to peak in November.  But at least we're peaking against our biggest rival this year, and we'll hold the tiebreaker.

Just now, Mid Iowa said:

Where has this team been? I mean, I'm all for a shutout, but against this team, a 3 pointer is almost better.

Anyway, great win, and I hope this is a trend.

Would've loved the shutout but I love Brady having to come off the field on that 4th down too. I wonder how that must feel.

• Like 1

Holy crap.

That was a definite statement game by this team. THAT is what I expected us to look like coming into this season.

Defense was amazing. On paper Tampa has one of the best receiving cores in the league. Evans, Godwin and Brown. Add in Gronk and Brate and they have targets for days. They didn't get an inch. Secondary was on them like glue. D-line got pressure on basically every step back. Linebackers were everywhere. Even after the fumble, to hold them pointless at the goalline? Incredible.

Offense.....we're going to be a problem. O-line is really getting some chemistry, because this Tampa D is legit and we basically silenced them and did whatever we wanted. The combo of MT, Sanders, Kamara and Cook, along with Brees at the helm and our O-line is going to be incredibly tough to stop. I'll say it again, MT getting suspended might've been a plus for him, because I bet it let him heal up. Sanders and Smith also benefit from being our #2 and #3.

This could legitimately be a turning point in the season. Bring that sort of effort each and every game, we'll go deep into the playoffs. Props to Allen too, he called a great game defensively. I give him crap but I'm really happy to give him props tonight. Just silenced this supposed juggernaut offense of the Bucs.

• Like 1

I'm suffering a bit of a headache this morning...... and pulled up stats.

Our D held Tampa's run game to 9 yards on 4 attempts. 9 f'ing yards!! (technically 8 yards on 5 attempts if you count Gabbert's kneel down).
Brady was only 58% on passing going 22 of 38 for 209 and 3 picks.
To put that in perspective, Justin Herbert went 28 of 42 for 326 and 2 TD's against the Raiders ;)

I think this really speaks volumes about what our D-line is, and how badass they are when the secondary is clicking. And Marcus Davenport is a wicked disrupter. I'm still not thrilled with what we gave for him, BUT, I'm glad we've got him as long as he can stay healthy.

Brees, on the other hand, was 81% going 26 of 32 for 222 and 4 TD's and only 1 sack.

BTW, how about Taysom Hill dropping dimes!!

This was the best all around game from this team that we've seen in a long, long time!!

Watched a film breakdown of this game and our safeties were out of position a lot. They bite on underneath routes far too often and leave us open to deep shot regularly. Luckily our pass rush was able to dominate this game, but going forward we are going to need better safety play if we're going to make a run.

Edited by JMG5
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 3:30 AM, JMG5 said:

Watched a film breakdown of this game and our safeties were out of position a lot. They bite on underneath routes far too often and leave us open to deep shot regularly. Luckily our pass rush was able to dominate this game, but going forward we are going to need better safety play if we're going to make a run.

Yea, pass rush was the story of this game.  Brady didn't play well either, but they definitely got open against us.  And really it's no surprise, Evans, Godwin, AB, there's no way we can cover all those guys plus Gronk.  

5 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, pass rush was the story of this game.  Brady didn't play well either, but they definitely got open against us.  And really it's no surprise, Evans, Godwin, AB, there's no way we can cover all those guys plus Gronk.  

I'll be really curious what we can do against Mahomes. If our LB corps can keep up with him side to side, and our line gets middle pressure, I'm hoping we can slow down the receivers enough to limit the big plays.

What a weird defense we have this year.

3 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

I'll be really curious what we can do against Mahomes. If our LB corps can keep up with him side to side, and our line gets middle pressure, I'm hoping we can slow down the receivers enough to limit the big plays.

What a weird defense we have this year.

I’d bet my entire paycheck Tyreek hill has a career game against us.

• Like 1