BDL 2020 Week 9 - Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers

rackcs

Rome Eternals @ Cuba Smugglers  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Rome Eternals
    • Cuba Smugglers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/12/2020 at 05:01 AM

1 hour ago, bcb1213 said:

He throws a lot up for grabs. Nuke used to bail him out a lot.  You watch a lot of highlights you see a bunch of his dudes winning jump balls that are questionable when there's open underneath guys.  He's not a turnover machine or throw into doubles but he'll try contested players over open check downs a bunch 

Yes, and this is one of those games where the double coverage would lead to shots being taken and high level success being achieved. 

7 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

It's like no one thinks we'll run it up against basic zone defense early downs when I spent the entire week prepping for 

The difference is a lot of the guys you’re giving responsibility to aren’t in a position to produce so literally all their production is based on a projection (i.e. Lindsey - a guy I like) being in an even time share with a rather pedestrian version of Melvin Gordon. I can openly say Fuller’s double coverage with our 3rd and 4th option will likely lead to some trouble with no troubles. 

I am unsure how you’re going to legitimately handle Cook as our offensive line and the starting defenders off the ball for you are liabilities.

Finally, if there’s a spring point with our running attack, your safeties aren’t the guys known for being effective run defenders, so color me skeptical of the second best QB on your roster is able to lead you here. There isn’t a book to stop Herbert yet, so it felt redundant to pick one area we will erase.

If you can’t tell, I remain miffed at putting two below average players (particularly guys that do not get snaps!) and a safety who also isn’t among the 15 or so best players at his position and believe you’re in a receipecto even moderately stop elite players. That’s a great idea in theory but would get exposed continuously in practice.

Fabian Moreau was one of PFF’s better CBs but once Fuller returned and took his snaps, I stopped playing him because he does not play. The PFF grade or even my belief on his talent is less important than what his actual team is asking him to do.

Edited by MD4L
Grammar

Not gonna quote all that but it's two dudes assigned one dude.  These are Still nfl dudes.  I think two guys can cover one when that's there only assignment and they have specific assignments on how to double him.  Tall Also act like I don't have another deep safety in the game to atop deeper shots to the other guys who mostly aren't running those routes anyhow 

8 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Not gonna quote all that but it's two dudes assigned one dude.  These are Still nfl dudes.  I think two guys can cover one when that's there only assignment and they have specific assignments on how to double him.  Tall Also act like I don't have another deep safety in the game to atop deeper shots to the other guys who mostly aren't running those routes anyhow 

I get that but it feels like you’re drastically underrating the talent of a top tier CB against the elite NFL receivers. Humphrey is one of those guys and I’d respect the “can slow him down” bit if you assigned guys that were effective (like maybe one of your CBs that play regular snaps). But if you’re saying that can stop Julio, I might make a bold claim saying we can completely erase Herbert. I had enough respect & awareness of the matchup to be reasonable about expectations here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD4L said:

I get that but it feels like you’re drastically underrating the talent of a top tier CB against the elite NFL receivers. Humphrey is one of those guys and I’d respect the “can slow him down” bit if you assigned guys that were effective (like maybe one of your CBs that play regular snaps). But if you’re saying that can stop Julio, I might make a bold claim saying we can completely erase Herbert. I had enough respect & awareness of the matchup to be reasonable about expectations here. 

If only I said we were stopping him as much as possible and 5 for 55 was fine with me throughout the thread... Oh wait I did 

Edited by bcb1213

2 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

If only I said we were stopping him as much as possible and 5 for 55 was fine with me throughout the thread... Oh wait I did 

This is a blow up matchup. Julio could go for 200 with those two accounting for him and a 15+ target performance.

Cook should pop off for 200 yards himself. These are the best matchups my best players have faced this year.

4 hours ago, MD4L said:

This is a blow up matchup. Julio could go for 200 with those two accounting for him and a 15+ target performance.

Cook should pop off for 200 yards himself. These are the best matchups my best players have faced this year.

Lol.  I mean this goes against everything you planned but OK