Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #31

X_Factor_40

On 2/20/2019 at 5:28 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

I say we set Friday at 1:00pm as the time to have your keepers set and players dropped.  At that time, any team not set will have their players dropped into an expansion pool.  We will do a 1 round lottery style draft (worse teams have a better shot at a better pick).  In that draft, if you select a player, he must be a keeper and will replace one of your keepers.  If you don't want to pick anyone, you can pass.  After the 1 round, remaining players will be dropped into the draft pool and we will start the draft.  This should get the draft going by early next week. 

Did we officially do anything yet? Was that an official deadline and we are ready to start soon or what? I see that a bunch of teams haven’t dropped players yet; and I’m seriously questioning if I want to be part of this anymore. No one seems all that invested. 

17 minutes ago, Lions017 said:

Did we officially do anything yet? Was that an official deadline and we are ready to start soon or what? I see that a bunch of teams haven’t dropped players yet; and I’m seriously questioning if I want to be part of this anymore. No one seems all that invested. 

Bro you have threatened to quit like 10 times now. This league will continue no matter what, but I doubt it will ever be as active as you want it to be. There's definitely a bit of a leadership issue, but people are doing the best they can right now.

The only teams that haven't dropped all their players, but are still in the league are @X_Factor_40 @I_GET_SAX and @TimeForChange I can't tell if they set their keepers though.

@Sllim Pickens you need to delete MHM, Herbie and detfan I guess, and I propose that the keeper deadline be Sunday at 8:00 pm and we start the draft Monday at 8:00 AM without time slots to start.

Also we will need a replacement for detfan.

10 hours ago, davisblack said:

Bro you have threatened to quit like 10 times now. This league will continue no matter what, but I doubt it will ever be as active as you want it to be. There's definitely a bit of a leadership issue, but people are doing the best they can right now.

The only teams that haven't dropped all their players, but are still in the league are @X_Factor_40 @I_GET_SAX and @TimeForChange I can't tell if they set their keepers though.

@Sllim Pickens you need to delete MHM, Herbie and detfan I guess, and I propose that the keeper deadline be Sunday at 8:00 pm and we start the draft Monday at 8:00 AM without time slots to start.

Also we will need a replacement for detfan.

So we either need to replace Detfan or drop one of these that is not paying attention enough to drop their players.  I would lean more towards removing one of the teams that was not active last year and has not shown up here enough recently knowing this is going on.  X has set his keepers on ESPN but not dropped his last couple of players. I can check on the others but I think instead of forcing people to stick around who are showing a lack of interest, we reduce one more team.

31 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

So we either need to replace Detfan or drop one of these that is not paying attention enough to drop their players.  I would lean more towards removing one of the teams that was not active last year and has not shown up here enough recently knowing this is going on.  X has set his keepers on ESPN but not dropped his last couple of players. I can check on the others but I think instead of forcing people to stick around who are showing a lack of interest, we reduce one more team.

That's fine with me. 12 teams would be better than 14 anyway.

I agree too , it will be a lot better with 12 teams.

Once we have the 12 teams we will all keep our draft picks just skip over the owners that are removed. The draft board is already set with 16 teams so it will be easy to go threw make our picks and just skip the owners that are not here anymore.

I am really looking forward to the challenge of a deeper roster for 12 teams should make it easier to field a good team I hardly made any trades last year and won you don't need to load up your draft picks next year to have a shot at winning you just need to draft well tweak your roster here or there and go for it. Everyone should have a legit shot with 12 teams.

3 minutes ago, TimeForChange said:

Well which owner is on the fence and would be okay with leaving?

are we getting rid of the two conferences and merging?

Would this Wed work for the lottery round?

can we set a day and time the draft starts?

Two hour draft slots?

I think he was talking about Sax. I was talking with Sax about returning to the league in PM's a few weeks ago and he thought he was already replaced so it shouldn't be a big deal (he did say he wanted to comeback though).

All that other stuff sounds fine to me. It should  be voted on, but I don't think we really have enough time to do that.

On 2/23/2019 at 7:44 AM, TimeForChange said:

ESPN won’t let me drop Brinson but my 5 keepers are set

Its all good LM should be able to drop all the extra players into a draft pool just make sure your 5 are protected and just name them in here. Double protected.

Let's just start with time slots, even if you want to make them longer for the first round or something. It helps everyone know when they need to check in to make a pick, and it prevents the huge logjams that happen when someone dips out for the weekend or whatever. 

@LION KING do you have the generic draft order just based of standings.  Not the whole draft, just the order without trades. I will get the lottery randomizer set up and picked today.  We can start the 1 round contraction draft tomorrow and then start the real draft as soon as that's done.  I think we are booting Sax as his lack of being around and setting his team leaves him the most vulnerable this year.  If he wants back in, he can likely take one of the other two teams that may lean towards low activity.

I used http://www.draftpicklottery.com/lottery.php using their weighted randomizer and got the following results:

Pick 1 - Kramerica - 7 balls
Pick 2 - Rogue - 6 Balls
Pick 3 - LBC - 10 Balls
Pick 4 - G-Money - 2 Balls
Pick 5 - Bootleg - 9 Balls
Pick 6 - LOD - 5 Balls
Pick 7 Gnats - 8 Balls
Pick 8 - Mud Hens - 11 Balls
Pick 9 - House of Spears - 12 Balls
Pick 10 - Ottawa - 4 Balls
Pick 11 - Badfish - 3 Balls
Pick 12 - Novi - 1 Ball