Chiefer

Best?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best

• Mahomes/Hill
    • Rodgers/Adams
    • Wilson/Metcalf

2 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

Only thing Adams is better at is route running... it ends there. Again, look at Adams numbers not in a vacuum, but under a magnifying glass. He has big games that offset his production on a per game; consistent level. Where as DK is putting up atleast 93 yds every game virtually. 

There isn't a WR I'm taking right now over DK in the league. He is big, strong, explosive, dynamic, well rounded, young and consistent game to game.  

DK also has the benefit of being the #2 option in Seattle's offense, where as Davante Adams is the only WR worth a damn for GB and still putting up insane numbers. 

5 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Only thing Adams is better at is route running... it ends there. Again, look at Adams numbers not in a vacuum, but under a magnifying glass. He has big games that offset his production on a per game; consistent level. Where as DK is putting up atleast 93 yds every game virtually. 

There isn't a WR I'm taking right now over DK in the league. He is big, strong, explosive, dynamic, well rounded, young and consistent game to game. 

Davante's last 18 games (since DK came into the league): 136 catches, 1672 yards, 13 TDs
His average over those 18: 8 catches, 93 yards, 0.7 TDs
His per 16 over that stretch: 121 catches, 1486 yards, 12 TDs

DK Metcalf's career (24 games): 101 catches, 1688 yards, 15 TDs
Average: 4 catches, 70 yards, 0.6 TDs
Per 16 career: 67 catches, 1125 yards, 10 TDs

Tell me more about how a guy on an 8 game stretch is better than a guy that's been doing it for YEARS. Recency bias to the fullest.

If you wanna use DK's last 8 games to say he's better than Davante, then let me introduce you to Davante's last 9 games, including a game where he got hurt and didn't play the 2nd half...

9 games (8.5 really): 80 receptions, 987 yards, 10 TDs
Average: 9 catches, 110 yards, 1 TD
Per 16: 142 catches, 1755 yards, 18 TDs

Davante has 6 games over 90 yards in those 8.5 games, 5 over 100. Compare that to DK's 7 over 90 and 4 over 100. But, sure, Davante's numbers are skewed lol. That list doesn't include his two playoff games last year where he put up 8/160/2 and 9/138/0 lol. But, yeah, Davante's inconsistent. Talk more out of your *** looooooooooooooooooool.

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Davante's last 18 games (since DK came into the league): 136 catches, 1672 yards, 13 TDs
His average over those 18: 8 catches, 93 yards, 0.7 TDs
His per 16 over that stretch: 121 catches, 1486 yards, 12 TDs

DK Metcalf's career (24 games): 101 catches, 1688 yards, 15 TDs
Average: 4 catches, 70 yards, 0.6 TDs
Per 16 career: 67 catches, 1125 yards, 10 TDs

Tell me more about how a guy on an 8 game stretch is better than a guy that's been doing it for YEARS. Recency bias to the fullest.

If you wanna use DK's last 8 games to say he's better than Davante, then let me introduce you to Davante's last 9 games, including a game where he got hurt and didn't play the 2nd half...

9 games (8.5 really): 80 receptions, 987 yards, 10 TDs
Average: 9 catches, 110 yards, 1 TD
Per 16: 142 catches, 1755 yards, 18 TDs

Davante has 6 games over 90 yards in those 8.5 games, 5 over 100. Compare that to DK's 7 over 90 and 4 over 100. But, sure, Davante's numbers are skewed lol. That list doesn't include his two playoff games last year where he put up 8/160/2 and 9/138/0 lol. But, yeah, Davante's inconsistent. Talk more out of your *** looooooooooooooooooool.

None of that disapproves a single statement i made. Having big games that inflate your stats, doesn't deter from being inconsistent on a game to game basis. But hey, atleast you tried. 😄

You proved my point for me. DK while superior physically in every human way possible, putting up elite numbers is more consistent on a per game basis. So where is the argument? Not to mention:

DK has a 13.1 ypc vs Adam's 8.0.

DK has 4 more broken tackles with 10 less receptions. 

Dk has as many tds and more yds with 10 less receptions and 

DK has a 14.5 ADOT vs Adam's 9.7

DK has 5.2 yac/r vs Adam's 4.8

Adams has a 4.3 drop% to DK's 4.4. But Adam's is catching shallower passes. 

Just now, Bearerofnews said:

None of that disapproves a single statement i made. Having big games that inflate your stats, doesn't deter from being inconsistent on a game to game basis. But hey, atleast you tried. 😄

lol okay there bud. You, yourself have said you don't watch Davante so you probably shouldn't chime in on the subject. DK Metcalf has a great 8 game stretch going. Congrats. I'll take the guy that's done it for years and is running stupid hot right now. Davante's a vastly, undeniably better route runner and can line up in any formation, at any spot. DK is a one trick pony compared to Davante, so I'd hope he'd have a deeper average per reception. 

Again, recency bias. Stick to Madden.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

lol okay there bud. You, yourself have said you don't watch Davante so you probably shouldn't chime in on the subject. DK Metcalf has a great 8 game stretch going. Congrats. I'll take the guy that's done it for years and is running stupid hot right now. Davante's a vastly, undeniably better route runner and can line up in any formation, at any spot. DK is a one trick pony compared to Davante, so I'd hope he'd have a deeper average per reception. 

Again, recency bias. Stick to Madden.

You are a homer, that's all there is to it. You have too much emotion invested in it. I have no skin in the game. There is no better WR right now in the game than DK. NONE!.

He has 1 less td than Hill, with 1 less reception and same amount of tds as Adams with 10 less receptions. DK is 25 yds off the league lead in yds with 20 less receptions than the league leader in Diggs.

Sorry, DK is the best WR in the game. I watch enough of every team to know that much. SDT and IPTV insure me of that. The eye test, the physical ability and the numbers all sync up.

This isn't about retroactive value. This is about right now. DK is that dude.

I'm a Chargers fan, i have no bias.

Edited by Bearerofnews

You are a homer, that's all there is to it. You have too much emotion invested in it. I have no skin in the game. There is no better WR right now in the game than DK. NONE!.

Well ya sold me! 

I watch enough of every team to know that much

lol no you don't

#Inconsistent

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Davante's last 11 games (including playoffs):

7/103/1
13/116/0
7/93/1
8/160/2
9/138/0
14/156/2
3/36/0 (got hurt, didn't play 2nd half)
6/61/0
13/196/2
7/53/3
10/173/1

#Inconsistent

Since you love to use selective durations of data. Lets go back to the 9 prior to that last 9?

4/36

7/106

4/56

10/180

7/41

7/118/1

7/43/1

6/64/2

4/41

#Inconsistent 

Since you love to use selective durations of data. Lets go back to the 9 prior to that last 9?

You're using an 8 game sample to say that DK's the best in the business, so why can't I use an 11 game sample? Oh, cuz it's convenient for you?

Davante was also banged up to hell with turf toe in the first year of a system that his QB wasn't bought into. But you wouldn't know that because you don't watch Davante Adams.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'm a homer for calling you out on stupidity like "Davante Adams is inconsistent" lol

Keep trying to change the reality. Which holds true this year. 3 monster games and 3 meh games have inflated Adam's overall production.

Typing 'lol' is not a good look.

Just now, beekay414 said:

You're using an 8 game sample to say that DK's the best in the business, so why can't I use an 11 game sample? Oh, cuz it's convenient for you?

Davante was also banged up to hell with turf toe in the first year of a system that his QB wasn't bought into. But you wouldn't know that because you don't watch Davante Adams.

All i hear is excuses... DK has been better this year. I'm approaching this question based on this year. Otherwise im not sure Rodgers would be in the argument based off his play past 2 years or last year. 

This year, DK is the best WR in the game. 

Keep trying to change the reality. Which holds true this year. 3 monster games and 3 meh games have inflated Adam's overall production.

Typing 'lol' is not a good look.

Only in NFL main forums is a 3 tuddy game a "meh" game. He got hurt in one of the other games and the other game was his first back from the hammy vs the Bucs who floored the entire offense. But, again, you wouldn't know that because you don't watch Davante Adams.

And lol I don't care. 

All i hear is excuses... DK has been better this year. I'm approaching this question based on this year. Otherwise im not sure Rodgers would be in the argument based off his play past 2 years or last year. 

This year, DK is the best WR in the game. 

No, what you hear are facts. You get to choose the sample size and then critique someone else for using one? K. 

And if we're basing it off this year. Davante has 53/675/8 in 5 and a half games compared to 43/788/8 for DK in a full 8. But, hey, you get to choose the qualifiers!

Call me when DK does it for a full year.