Week 11 Game Day Thread

naptownskinsfan

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We constantly used to bicker about how Chryst would keep Wisconsin where it's been as a program, but watching this team it's clear we've taken a step up. We're in the next tier below the NFL factories as long as Mertz is here. Beyond that, who knows. That's a problem for later.

I'm gonna savor this. This is like when Frank the Tank and Dekker both figured it out at once, just enjoy the ride. So yeah I'm ****posting for the next few years. @jrry32 won't be able to get the likes that I didn't used to get on Saturdays. Sorry bud.

I like what I see, for sure. We were rusty and shorthanded, and we still boat raced Harbaugh's bunch. I question whether or not we can hang with tOSU but we could steal one from them. We still have issues at DB but we're really damn close. Closer than we've ever been.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I can accept a world where Florida and Wisconsin are both strong programs and FSU and Tennessee suck arse. EDIT: I'm indifferent towards Michigan, but Harbaugh sucking like this is enjoyable.

Dude, once Florida State took our leftovers at QB, it was time to laugh at them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

I can accept a world where Florida and Wisconsin are both strong programs and FSU and Tennessee suck arse. EDIT: I'm indifferent towards Michigan, but Harbaugh sucking like this is enjoyable.

By the way, as much as we screw around Mertz is 2 games in and I'm pretty sure he's legitimately a top 45 pick. Go watch his film, he's your type of QB.

• Like 1

By the way, as much as we screw around Mertz is 2 games in and I'm pretty sure he's legitimately a top 45 pick. Go watch his film, he's your type of QB.

I mean, the tools are ridiculous. Not Lawrence level but stupid nonetheless. He didn't panic in the pocket, rolled right, and threw a dime across his body to the opposite hash. That's rare.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I doubt I'll disagree. When I saw his stats from Game 1 in the Chryst offense, I was like, "Okay, all those Wisconsin fans who were clamoring for him last year were right."

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I mean, the tools are ridiculous. Not Lawrence level but stupid nonetheless. He didn't panic in the pocket, rolled right, and threw a dime across his body to the opposite hash. That's rare.

Ball placement/accuracy is what separates number 1 overall picks from good first round QBs, and that's Mertz's best trait so far. It's too early to know that for sure, but he has a chance.

Ball placement/accuracy is what separates number 1 overall picks from good first round QBs, and that's Mertz's best trait so far. It's too early to know that for sure, but he has a chance.

Just look at the two highpoint balls to Ferguson for tuddies. He puts it only where his guy can get it. He's got that down. You see everything you could want from a QB so far. Obviously, it's 8 quarters but the boner pills should start kicking in at any time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Just look at the two highpoint balls to Ferguson for tuddies. He puts it only where his guy can get it. He's got that down. You see everything you could want from a QB so far. Obviously, it's 8 quarters but the boner pills should start kicking in at any time.

So . . . when does Coan get healthy and become starter again? 😉

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

We constantly used to bicker about how Chryst would keep Wisconsin where it's been as a program, but watching this team it's clear we've taken a step up. We're in the next tier below the NFL factories as long as Mertz is here. Beyond that, who knows. That's a problem for later.

I'm gonna savor this. This is like when Frank the Tank and Dekker both figured it out at once, just enjoy the ride. So yeah I'm ****posting for the next few years. @jrry32 won't be able to get the likes that I didn't used to get on Saturdays. Sorry bud.

That quote from Mertz they were talking about today where he skipped the powerhouses to help build a QB tradition at Wisconsin was one of the sexiest things I’ve ever heard.

• Like 1