GB and Slam - Vikings Skol'd us in our tankquest

Matts4313

8 minutes ago, djdunkenstein said:

JS: Jaylon - missed tackles, getting stiff armed, one thing I've noticed is he kinda has an ego imo. I didnt like how he pretty much snatched the fumble from dlaw. I mean sure he gained yards and all that but instead of maybe getting a block, he just focused on ripping the ball away so he could retrun it. Kinda torn on that, like I said we got yards, but same time it was kinda like a "i love me some me" moment. 

Noticed this watching highlights. Didn’t really phase me at the time, but the more I’ve seen it, the more I’m thinking wtf?   I want to say heat of the moment, then again I’m thinking Jaylon is watching film and knows he isn’t worth a nickel. So I have to steal my opportunities when I can

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

Noticed this watching highlights. Didn’t really phase me at the time, but the more I’ve seen it, the more I’m thinking wtf?   I want to say heat of the moment, then again I’m thinking Jaylon is watching film and knows he isn’t worth a nickel. So I have to steal my opportunities when I can

Yeah ive noticed it alot. Like I used to follow him on social media and really liked how he talks about a "clear eye view" and him over coming his injury and a lot with gods plan. But it just doesnt translate to his game. He wants to be in on every celebration, wants to be in front of camera like a look at me mentality. Kinda annoying. If he played like a bad a$$ like he is suppose to be i wouldnt be mad about it. 

1 hour ago, djdunkenstein said:

Yeah ive noticed it alot. Like I used to follow him on social media and really liked how he talks about a "clear eye view" and him over coming his injury and a lot with gods plan. But it just doesnt translate to his game. He wants to be in on every celebration, wants to be in front of camera like a look at me mentality. Kinda annoying. If he played like a bad a$$ like he is suppose to be i wouldnt be mad about it. 

Total phony as a personality, total fraud as a football player. We need to bite the bullet on his contract this offseason.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, djdunkenstein said:

JS: Jaylon - missed tackles, getting stiff armed, one thing I've noticed is he kinda has an ego imo. I didnt like how he pretty much snatched the fumble from dlaw. I mean sure he gained yards and all that but instead of maybe getting a block, he just focused on ripping the ball away so he could retrun it. Kinda torn on that, like I said we got yards, but same time it was kinda like a "i love me some me" moment. 

I've linked this before but it warrants repeating:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811653-the-jaylon-smith-experience-back-on-top-and-bringing-the-cowboys-with-him

5 game winning streak and we're flexing, huh? Andy Reid's done that 8 straight years in Kansas City. Glad you did well in your online Beverage Survey course, though, Jaylon.

Like NYFDB said, what a fraud

I’ve had a day to process this horrific victory and I’ve got some jockstraps to hand out.  

Donovan Wilson-  I hope he chokes on the biggest, sweatiest, smelliest jockstrap ever.  This guy singlehandedly destroyed the perfect game Anthony Brown was pitching on defense.  Shameful display of effort and talent.

Jaylon Smith-  first, I’ve come to expect so much more from you.  You literally broke my heart yesterday.  For a moment I thought you were going to be the hero we know you can be.  I’ll set the stage... Tank Lawrence recovers a fumble.  You run over and start reaching in.  Naturally, I expect that you are trying to force a fumble on Lawrence to give the ball back to Minnesota.  I’m sure all of us did.  But for some reason, you took the ball and ran the wrong way.  This was probably the biggest WTF moment of the game for me.  Incredibly disappointing!

CeeDee-  this effing guy is out there contorting himself to catch TDs, running options, etc.  Look, I’m perfectly fine with laying down.  I draw the line at laying it all out to catch TDs.  

McGovern/Martin combo-  WTF guys?  There was an acute lack of pressure and far too many hole opened on the right side of the line.  I hope Steele’s not injured because we are going to need him back at RT with upcoming games against football team, bengals minus Joe, and a slew of other 3 win teams.

Kellen Moore/McCarthy-  why in the heck is this offense coming up with plays to try to get the ball in the hand CD?  The option with Zeke?  Creativity?  Switching out Steele?  Committing to run the ball at least 30 times?  It’s like these Mofos are trying to win.

Andy Dalton-  game winning drive against the Vikings?  Throwing to open man for TD?  Dak laid out the formula last year.  It worked.  No need to change it.  On 1st and 2nd down, go with plays that hadn’t worked all game long. Then with game on the line... you force ball to Zeke which would require him to catch ball while toe tapping on the sideline.  It’s not hard.  

Refs-  where were you guys yesterday?  

Zeke/Pollard-  these dudes need to stop playing like the running game matters.  Cousins is playing nearly a perfectly efficient game.  Yet these guys are running for TDs. Let’s be real... there entire focus should be on catching the ball out of the backfield because that matters.

Edited by The_Slamman

19 hours ago, matt79511 said:

I've linked this before but it warrants repeating:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2811653-the-jaylon-smith-experience-back-on-top-and-bringing-the-cowboys-with-him

5 game winning streak and we're flexing, huh? Andy Reid's done that 8 straight years in Kansas City. Glad you did well in your online Beverage Survey course, though, Jaylon.

Like NYFDB said, what a fraud

SMH...If he doesnt turn the corner and we release him next year. I WILL BE THE ONE taking a shot of that 1942