Most pressure to perform in 2020-21?

Mox

Who has the most pressure on them to perform in 2020-21?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which player is it?

• Giannis Antetokounmpo
    • Kawhi Leonard
    • Kevin Durant
    • Steph Curry

Giannis for me out of those 4. The rest have all done it before. Giannis is the youngest with the most to prove. Kawhi is the only that did it by "himself," won't argue Steph and Durant were fortunate, but time for Giannis to take it to another level 

Edited by Troy Brown

18 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Giannis for me out of those 4. The rest have all done it before. Giannis is the youngest with the most to prove. Kawhi is the only that did it by "himself," won't argue Steph and Durant were fortunate time for Giannis to take it to another level 

Well, we'll find out. We sacrificed on the overall defense and landed a roster full of shooters sans Pat C and Craig. If they can't make other teams in the playoffs pay for the wall, assuming Giannis doesn't find an answer himself, then they'll never win a title and Giannis is off to Miami or Dallas. Bud and Giannis really don't have an excuse this year. The crutch was shooting and that's hopefully addressed with all the catch and shoot guys we acquired and massively upgrading Bledsoe. Guess we'll see.

• Like 1

This is easy to me.

Most to prove starting from most to least:

1.) Antetokounmpo - Amazing player and also the youngest, but bottom line is he needs to improve 3P% and have more success in the playoffs.

2.) Leonard - After being the favorite heading into this past postseason he got bounced in the 2nd round, but he has already won with SA and Toronto where he was the guy.

3.) Durant - He won 2 titles in GS, but gets knocked bc he joined an amazing team. It'll boost his legacy a lot if he wins one in BK. Also, need to see how he looks post injury.

4.) Curry - He's won 3 titles and expectations aren't high w/o Klay now. He's not coming off a bad injury. If he overachieves w/ what he's got it'll be a feather in his cap.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

53 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

assuming Giannis doesn't find an answer himself, then they'll never win a title and Giannis is off to Miami or Dallas. Bud and Giannis really don't have an excuse this year.

Eh..... gonna have to disagree with you there. Not about the fact that if they don't win that Giannis might be gone, but that he can't win a title in Milwaukee eventually.

If Giannis gets to the Finals and loses to the Lakers I definitely am not gonna to write him off like that. The Lakers are just a better team. Giannis can only do so much.

I also don't think you guys have had some great off-season. You got better, but I'm a little underwhelmed. I think Bud is the one that should have more pressure on him.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I also don't think you guys have had some great off-season. You got better, but I'm a little underwhelmed. I think Bud is the one that should have more pressure on him.

What else were we supposed to do? We went out and got the biggest name available, who is a clear as day upgrade over an unplayable PG in the playoffs, and we got shooters/players that fit better around Giannis/within Bud's system. We didn't have many avenues to truly improve so we did well for what we had. 

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:
4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

What else were we supposed to do? We went out and got the biggest name available, who is a clear as day upgrade over an unplayable PG in the playoffs, and we got shooters/players that fit better around Giannis/within Bud's system. We didn't have many avenues to truly improve so we did well for what we had. 

I'm not saying you had a bad offseason. I just thought you guys could've done better.

I like Jrue, but he's not some great 3 point shooter. Forbes and Augustin (although last year he only hit 34.8%) are very good, but you can't play them too much in the playoffs with their awful defense. Portis is solid there, but again... bad on defense. Craig adds defense back, but he's not a good 3 point shooter.

We'll see I guess.

2 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I like Jrue, but he's not some great 3 point shooter. Forbes and Augustin (although last year he only hit 34.8%) are very good, but you can't play them too much in the playoffs with their awful defense. Portis is solid there, but again... bad on defense. Craig adds defense back, but he's not a good 3 point shooter.

We didn't acquire Jrue for his 3pt shooting. If Miami can hide Tyler Herro on defense, we can hide Forbes/Augustin. You don't need an entire starting five consisting of defenders. Plus, if Donte progresses on his shooting, which he can, we've got an entire starting 5 that can defend. You can mix and match fine with this roster.

We'll be fine.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm not saying you had a bad offseason. I just thought you guys could've done better.

How? We took what we could and better options wound up pricing themselves out of our price range. We had Bogie until his agent leveraged us, which he's notorious for doing. It is what it is. The only thing we missed on was not offering Justin Holiday a better deal than Indiana did, but that's also assuming Holiday wanted to leave Indiana.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We didn't acquire Jrue for his 3pt shooting. If Miami can hide Tyler Herro on defense, we can hide Forbes/Augustin. You don't need an entire starting five consisting of defenders. Plus, if Donte progresses on his shooting, which he can, we've got an entire starting 5 that can defend. You can mix and match fine with this roster.

We'll be fine.

There is a big difference between being fine and being able to win a title. Y’all could have the best record in the NBA again, but I don’t see you guys beating who comes out the west IF you can even make the finals. I don’t see the Lakers at all. Doubtful you beat the Clippers. Nuggets? Probably not. Hell I don’t even know if y’all would beat the Mavericks.

Then y’all still gotta beat the Heat, Celtics, Raptors, and Sixers to possibly make it to those teams.

If I was a Bucks fan I’d be pretty nervous if Giannis doesn’t sign the super max this offseason. Maybe he’s as loyal as Bucks fans proclaim he is, but that’s not a risk I would wanna take. 😬 

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

There is a big difference between being fine and being able to win a title. Y’all could have the best record in the NBA again, but I don’t see you guys beating who comes out the west IF you can even make the finals. I don’t see the Lakers at all. Doubtful you beat the Clippers. Nuggets? Probably not. Hell I don’t even know if y’all would beat the Mavericks.

Then y’all still gotta beat the Heat, Celtics, Raptors, and Sixers to possibly make it to those teams.

If I was a Bucks fan I’d be pretty nervous if Giannis doesn’t sign the super max this offseason. Maybe he’s as loyal as Bucks fans proclaim he is, but that’s not a risk I would wanna take. 😬 

Thanks Nostradamus

How about we let the season start before we start pushing narratives, yeah?

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:
5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If I was a Bucks fan I’d be pretty nervous if Giannis doesn’t sign the super max this offseason. Maybe he’s as loyal as Bucks fans proclaim he is, but that’s not a risk I would wanna take.  

Thanks Nostradamus

How about we let the season start before we start pushing narratives, yeah?

What narratives? lol

This is just my opinion.

Without a doubt it is Giannis. If we are talking overall and not just players but organizations, then it's actually Milwaukee by a good margin. There was some talk about Giannis signing his super max extension this offseason or before the deadline, but don't think that happens. They have to win or at least give it a great run for him to stay. 

But since this question is about players only, I'll go:

1. Giannis

2. Harden (Time is ticking and he's going to be on this list every season that he is still a great player without a ring)

3. Durant (Has a legit squad and needs to show he can return to form and get this team to the finals)

4. Steph (No shot at winning it all without Klay, but needs to stay healthy and carry the team to the playoffs and win a series)

5. Embiid/Simmons (Morey will give them a squad that maximizes their talents and they need to finally become serious contenders. They were with Butler but these two need to make a conference finals soon or they may break the two up soon)

6. Kawhi 

7. LeBron (Only reason he's on here is because he can continue to enhance his GOAT argument and they have the best team in the league so anything short of a ring will be a disappointment)

• Like 2