My mock offseason number two

LoganF89

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

It’s already out that they want Alex Smith back so, that might change a lot of things in terms of QB next year especially if they still believe in developing Kyle Allen and/or Dwayne Haskins. 

I mean the fact he can run this offense give the guys the freedom to really not have to force a QB selection!!! Especially when the game of the year for me tomorrow with Howell against ND man that could really cement this guys future if he was to ball out or even win. I think Howell is the best QB on tape the last 2 seasons as far as growth and NFL translating throws and vision arm mobility decision making outside of what Joe Burrow did but he’s in the league so I’m just putting out what Joe did isn’t where I’m going with that statement. Wilson has the most live arm but he has things to clean up. Sam really seems to have a great feel for that position

plus Atleast one or two of the top 5 guys will return IMO to give Howell a run so I can see these next two classes being loaded at QB

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean the fact he can run this offense give the guys the freedom to really not have to force a QB selection!!! Especially when the game of the year for me tomorrow with Howell against ND man that could really cement this guys future if he was to ball out or even win. I think Howell is the best QB on tape the last 2 seasons as far as growth and NFL translating throws and vision arm mobility decision making outside of what Joe Burrow did but he’s in the league so I’m just putting out what Joe did isn’t where I’m going with that statement. Wilson has the most live arm but he has things to clean up. Sam really seems to have a great feel for that position

plus Atleast one or two of the top 5 guys will return IMO to give Howell a run so I can see these next two classes being loaded at QB

Howell reminds me of Brees but he’s got some of Baker in him too with the athleticism.

Signing Dak would almost assuredly have me do the same thing that I did when it was announced that Washington traded for McNabb on that Easter long ago: quick inhale of breath through my teeth, holding it for a good bit, and then saying "well, I hope that works out for them."

Because I'm with @e16bball: having a non-superstar QB taking up superstar QB amounts of cap space just leads to sadness.

For the record, I wanted them to keep Cousins back when they could have gotten him relatively cheaply. After that I was resigned to letting him go.

To be honest, I kind of want Dallas to do the insane thing and franchise Dak one more year and cripple their team.

I definitely like the idea of Marcus Maye. Would be an interesting target. Coming into the league, I never really thought of him as a FS, but he seems to have developed into a pretty good center fielder for the Jets. 

Still don’t like Avery Williamson as MLB though. Not nearly rangy enough and not a good coverage player. He’s basically Jon Bostic, he’s tough and he’s good when he’s coming downhill, but he’s just not your classic sideline-to-sideline MLB. He could play OLB for us, but I think we have a younger and cheaper version in Holcomb. 

Edited by e16bball

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

I definitely like the idea of Marcus Maye. Would be an interesting target. Coming into the league, I never really thought of him as a FS, but he seems to have developed into a pretty good center fielder for the Jets. 

Still don’t like Avery Williamson as MLB though. Not nearly rangy enough and not a good coverage player. He’s basically Jon Bostic, he’s tough and he’s good when he’s coming downhill, but he’s just not your classic sideline-to-sideline MLB. He could play OLB for us, but I think we have a younger and cheaper version in Holcomb. 

The 4-3 prototype at MLB needs to have sideline to sideline speed and coverage ability to stick with RB/TE.  Those guys don't grow on trees, and they are typically retained by their team when their free agency year comes up.  We need to invest a Day 1 or Day 2 pick to get that guy.  We aren't getting one in free agency that we don't have on the roster already.