My mock offseason number two

LoganF89

CAP SPACE 

52 Million

CUTS

Alex Smith- if I had us drafting a top young rookie I would keep him but I have us going with a FA QB 14.7 mill saved

Jon Boston- have us signing our new MLB. Saves us 2 mill

Peyton Barber- we draft another RB saves us a little over 1 mill

Troy Apke- I have us signing a FA FS and would rather have Everette as our backup FS saves close to 1 mill

Around 71-72 mill after cuts, plus 20 mill carry over 91-92 mill in cap space

RESIGN

SCHERRF 4 years 13.5 million AVG

DARBY 3 years 8 million AVG

Moreau 2 years 4 million AVG

Roullier 3 years 6 million AVG

FOSTER minimum

Around 60-61 in cap space

FA

PRESCOTT- 3 years 37mill AVG, here’s why. I could see Dallas drafting a QB like Lance or Wilson bc of their cap issue and the Dak injury. I could see us taking Wilson but I had us mocked at 5 and I think it’s too high. I want to go with someone proven and still young. I think he would take 37 AVG coming off a big injury and the cap possibly shrinking due to COVID. From what I have seen he wants a small term deal so he has the chance to cash in one more time and I think he’s worth it. with cutting Smith and Kerrigan departure we will have the money to pay him plus resign our own and sign a few guys

MARCUS MAYE-4 years 8 mill AVg young, athletic, and rangy, we have nothing at FS and I don’t want to see Everette or Apke playing every down.

AVERY WILLIAMSON- 2 years 6 mill AVG. completes our LB core, I like the idea of moving Collins to WLB. To me this would be a wise move. He’s 29

about 10-11 mill in cap space. It’s scary to get down this low but we will have dead money coming off the following year

Draft

I have us picking between 5-6

Trade Haskins to Pittsburgh for a 4th

1. J’marr Chase WR LSU. I rather us pay Terry when he’s up for a contract then sign a WR to a big deal. Also I signed Prescott to a large deal, we will have a deadly young WR Core who can grow into a top core

2. Trey Smith OL Tenn. he can play every position on the line and it gives us flexibility. If Moses can play like he did yesterday at LT for good I’m hoping he can hold down that position for good. He’s had a great bounce back year. Smith could play either LG or RT for us allowing Charles to play either LG or RT so Charles has options of where to stick him

3. Brevin Jordan TE Miami. He’s a baller and if he can last till the early 3rd then we may have our next Jordan Reed but healthy and a better blocker!

3. Bubba Bolden SS Miami he could be there, I like the idea Turtle had of moving Collins to WLB, it makes too much sense and Bolden has played great this year

4. Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis. Another Memphis RB will give us a monster backfield with Gibson. They both shined at Memphis and here lately Memphis is producing very good backs!

4(Pitt) Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M he can be in our system and eventually take the #2 spot when Allen leaves and if he shows enough promise can takeover when Dakari contract is up

5 Paddy Fisher MLB Northwestern- good size at 6’4” 241 he can come in right a way as a possible number 2 MLB, and be a standout on special teams

7 José Borregales K Miami. Normally I wouldn’t draft a kicker but this guy is the real deal for Miami this year, if we didn’t draft him I would hope we could sign him as a UDFA, I’m over Dustin Hopkins 

Rough Depth Chart

QB Prescott/Allen/Mond

RB Gibson/Gainwell/Mckissic/Love

WR Mcklaurin/Chase/Sims/Harmon/AGG/Sims

TE Jordan/Thomas/Sprinkle

LT Moses/Christian

LG Smith/Schweitzer

OC Roullier/Ismail

RG Scherrf/Martin

RT Charles/Lucas

DE Young/Smith-Williams

DT Payne/Settle

DT Allen/Ioanidis 

DE Sweat/Brailford

WLB Collins/Hudson

MLB Williamson/Fischer/SDH

SLB Holcomb/Foster

CB Fuller/Moreau/Stroman

CB Darby/Moreland

FS MAYE/Everette

SS Bolden/Curl

K Borregales

P Way

Breakdown

i spent quite a bit of money this offseason but I think we are in a position to compete now rather than rebuild under a rookie QB. I think Dak comes back strong and will have a lot of good young weapons at his disposal

im excited for the young WRs, drafted Chase With Sewell already being picked. Brevin Jordan is what this offense needs at TE!

hear me out...... if Moses proves he can hold down LT the next few games then I think we may be alright on the line. He’s had a great bounce back season. And if not we can try putting Charles there. I drafted smith, I’m really high on him. He can play every Oline position so we could have the luxury of him and Charles playing to their strong point of either LT RT or G.

on the defensive side I added our two biggest weaknesses a starting MLB and Starting FS, outside of that I think we are set on defense. Moving Collins to LB could be the best move we make, kind of like Mark Barron did, drafting Bolden would be awesome at SS for us

Like I said I spent a lot of money this season. But I think it makes us very competitive! And a favorite to win this division! We can clear some dead money after the season but I think this is a roster that makes playoffs

outside of the Haskins trade I did this draft on a simulator

Edited by LoganF89

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Dak, no way no how . 

I would take him honestly, if we draft a QB then we are once again gonna be waiting til they develope, and if we just stay with smith and Allen I think again we will be mediocre or worse.

i would love to get Wilson and have him learn under smith for a season but I can’t justify drafting him that high.

i like Wilson and lance over fields to be honest but once again Wilson and lance will have to set.

1 hour ago, LoganF89 said:

PRESCOTT- 3 years 37mill AVG, here’s why. I could see Dallas drafting a QB like Lance or Wilson bc of their cap issue and the Dak injury. I could see us taking Wilson but I had us mocked at 5 and I think it’s too high. I want to go with someone proven and still young. I think he would take 37 AVG coming off a big injury and the cap possibly shrinking due to COVID. From what I have seen he wants a small term deal so he has the chance to cash in one more time and I think he’s worth it. with cutting Smith and Kerrigan departure we will have the money to pay him plus resign our own and sign a few guys

No.  

• Like 1

Nice go at it.

Not a fan of the Dak move either, but it is a pretty reasonable way to go and I think FA qb is certainly an option and there are quite a few ways to go.  Prescott is probably the most expensive option.  Speaking of division qbs, I expect the eagles to trade wentz.  Darnold will be traded.  Winston probably available, etc.

Your logic in WR is pretty sound, but I am very hesitant to spend a top draft pick on one when they are so hit or miss to project to the nfl.  But Chase is certainly the type who has a good chance to make the transition.

Not sure we can sign Scherff that cheap.

I strongly object to Moses at left tackle other than spot duties.  If anything I am pleased that moses is showing he is still for real at right tackle.  But we should remember, Moses gets hurt a lot so I wouldn't want him at LT for that reason alone.  LT is the big issue.  We need a left tackle.  Christian/lucas/charles are not options we can rely upon.  So I can't draft a trey smith.  We need someone with positional focus.  

I don't think alot of people realize just how much Dak means to his team, because that's fairly evident. I don't see Dallas letting him walk, he will get tagged again. They have so many holes defensively to address that it would behoove them to let Dak walk and not address that early and often.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I don't think alot of people realize just how much Dak means to his team, because that's fairly evident. I don't see Dallas letting him walk, he will get tagged again. They have so many holes defensively to address that it would behoove them to let Dak walk and not address that early and often.

I sure hope you're right . Love to see them throw the Cap Space to the wind .!

One thing I know you won’t hear on this thread is a word of criticism about signing Dak from anyone who thought we should keep Cousins. Dak is a better, younger version of what Cousins was going into FA. 

I didn’t want to keep Cousins — and I don’t particularly want to add Dak — because I believe you can’t win with a QB taking up a monstrous proportion of your cap unless he’s a truly special player. I did not believe Cousins was such a player, and I don’t think Dak is either. I will say that he proved something to me this season, continuing to pile up those huge numbers despite the OL crumbling and the run game drying up to some degree. I always thought he was just a caddy for all the real stars there, and that damn near anyone could succeed with their offensive talent, but he proved more capable of holding his own without the Monstars OL than I expected.

Hard to imagine Dallas just letting him walk, though. Even a franchise-and-trade would make more sense than just walking away. 

Edited by e16bball

I don’t think Dallas let’s Dak go. I think they’ll lock him up in February. Other than that, I like you’re free agency although I’d like to see a TE signed even if it’s just an average TE like Jacob Hollister from Seattle.

I’m still confused as to why people think Pittsburgh will trade for Haskins. Generally, the Steelers don’t trade for other teams players although they did trade for Minka Fitzpatrick after they lost Sean Davis last year to a shoulder injury and the Steelers have back up QBs.

Then, you have us drafting Mond? Why wouldn’t Pitt just keep the pick and take a QB like Mond in round 3 or 4 if they wanted to move on from Mason Rudolph and Josh Dobbs? Which, there’s been no evidence that they do.

I just don’t see it.

Edited by turtle28

Alex will get cut or restructure.

He will get a 2 year 12 mil per year

We wont draft a wr with our top pick will prob go oline heavy.....the oline has improved

we might draft the best lb prospect or oline....pick up a kirk cousin type of qb in the 3rd or 4th 

Edited by Vladimir L