Week 12 - Thanksgiving with the Cowgirls

Slappy Mc

As much as I hate these Boys, tomorrow's game will be very different from the first encounter. Football games are won in the trenches. I am firm believer in that. In the first game these boys had a very inexperience OL. One are two of their OL were starting for the very first time if I remember correctly. Zach Martin is back now so expect their pass protection to be much improved. Cooper will not be the only WR to catch a pass this time around also. Our D has been soft vs the Run so expect Zeke will be rolling.

It will be a total different game this time around. In the last two games their Def has has played much better. They almost beat the Steelers with a rookie QB. It is reported here on cowboys radio that Mike McCarthy had his team using sledge hammers to smashing watermelons Saturday  during his teams meeting  before the Vikings game to fire his team up. The loss of their SC(Paul) will definitely be an emotional game for them also. 

So fellas we should all be convinced by now that we will see a much better Boys team this time around. One other note of worthy concern. These boys missed one day of 3 day  practices in short week before tomorrow game. May not sound like much but they (Boys) are concerned about this also. Hail!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

• Like 2

AngelicWideeyedAmethystinepython-size_re
I think they’re going to win. 

Yes, Dallas has played better their last two times out. The return of Zack Martin certainly helps, though they’re actually playing him at RT at the moment. Having a competent OL is absolutely crucial to their ability to compete, because if they can just hold up a bit, the rest of the talent on the offense can actually shine through a bit. I think “competent” is probably the best you can say about that group at the moment, but they’ll play downhill on you a bit if you let them (which we probably will). 

However, to me, the MIN defense is the perfect opponent for Dallas (the PIT game was a classic Admiral Ackbar, I’m not even going to address it). The Vikings have a terrible DL, which allowed the Dallas OL to have more success than they ever should. And terrible CB play, which allowed the great Dallas receivers to uncover quickly. Neither of those is the case with us — their defense is actually essentially the opposite of ours. As long as we hold up decently against the run, I think we hold their offense down for the most part. 

On defense, they’re still bad. Not much has changed there. Hopefully we’ll have Big Corn Lucas back, and our OL can get back to some sense of normalcy. I think we’ll move the ball with relative ease, with the short passing game again at the forefront.

WFT: 24

DAL: 18

• Like 3

@e16bball you bring up a good point about how awful the Vikings DL & corners are. We’re certainly better in those areas. It’s actually quite sad how poor the Vikings DL & corners are considering how great they were 3-4 years ago.

Not retaining Everson Griffen was a mistake by them and then, Hunter getting hurt was a big, big loss.

If our DL can dominate and our corners can play how they’ve been playing lately, we could win. I still don’t want to win, but we could.

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

If Bostic, Davis and Barber are getting snaps, Inman is going to take them from Cam Sims.  

Rivera has turned full Dusty Baker here.  

So sad but true. I fear Inman will start if he’s healthy enough too and I agree with you and @offbyone but I won’t be happy about it. As Off said, Cam has earned that starting spot. We’ll lose some ability to stretch the field - beyond Terry - by not starting Cam.

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So sad but true. I fear Inman will start if he’s healthy enough too and I agree with you and @offbyone but I won’t be happy about it. As Off said, Cam has earned that starting spot. We’ll lose some ability to stretch the field - beyond Terry - by not starting Cam.

Cam Sims for a 100 yards, 2 TD game :)

Chase Young plays like he is hungry for turkey!  Dominates the game with 2.5 sacks, 1 FF and one interception!

Go Skins!

Happy Thanksgiving gang!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

you bring up a good point about how awful the Vikings DL & corners are. We’re certainly better in those areas. It’s actually quite sad how poor the Vikings DL & corners are considering how great they were 3-4 years ago.

So true. Was thinking about the same thing when I posted it. How could the team that had Everson Griffen, Danielle Hunter, and Brian Robison rushing the passer — to go with Xavier Rhodes, Trae Waynes, and Terence Newman/Mackenzie Alexander on the outside — possibly be awful at DE and CB just a few short years later?

It’s a stark reminder that windows in the modern NFL are very short, unless you have a coach/QB combo that can transcend the roster turnover. Or unless you’re the Ravens 🤷🏻‍♂️ Which I think is why it’s almost impossible to build up from the bottom using the draft. Build your core and foundation through the draft, absolutely. But it’s just not likely to build (and keep together) an entire SB caliber roster made up solely of players you’ve drafted.

Edited by e16bball

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

AngelicWideeyedAmethystinepython-size_re
I think they’re going to win. 

Yes, Dallas has played better their last two times out. The return of Zack Martin certainly helps, though they’re actually playing him at RT at the moment. Having a competent OL is absolutely crucial to their ability to compete, because if they can just hold up a bit, the rest of the talent on the offense can actually shine through a bit. I think “competent” is probably the best you can say about that group at the moment, but they’ll play downhill on you a bit if you let them (which we probably will). 

However, to me, the MIN defense is the perfect opponent for Dallas (the PIT game was a classic Admiral Ackbar, I’m not even going to address it). The Vikings have a terrible DL, which allowed the Dallas OL to have more success than they ever should. And terrible CB play, which allowed the great Dallas receivers to uncover quickly. Neither of those is the case with us — their defense is actually essentially the opposite of ours. As long as we hold up decently against the run, I think we hold their offense down for the most part. 

On defense, they’re still bad. Not much has changed there. Hopefully we’ll have Big Corn Lucas back, and our OL can get back to some sense of normalcy. I think we’ll move the ball with relative ease, with the short passing game again at the forefront.

WFT: 24

DAL: 18

" As long as we hold up decently against the run, I think we hold their offense down for the most part"

That"s the problem. In two of the the games we have won eagles and the boys had a OL missing most of their starters and having young players starting. Both teams were below 500. Our D has looked pathetic!!!!!!! vs the run in the Giants and Lions game. That's a concern to me and should not be taken lightly. So we should not assume our D will hold up. We will see b/c this will surely raise it's ugly head. Hope I am wrong. Hail!!!!!