Week 12 - Thanksgiving with the Cowgirls

Slappy Mc

Afraid there’s going to be a bit of a rude awakening next week. Pittsburgh is overrated, and has to be the weakest 10-0 team in history (pretty nice criticism if you have to receive any) — but they’re much better than us, and their defense is gonna eat our offense up, I think. 

It was great today, and it will be fun if they continue to play at a higher level. But we’ve really got to keep in mind that the last time we played a team that wasn’t one of the 8ish worst teams in the league was October 11 (LAR). Seven consecutive weeks (6 games and a bye) in which we haven’t played even a decent team. We’ve improved, there’s no doubt about that, but this is still the same team that hasn’t kept it within two TDs of any decent team. 

I just don’t want the team (by which I mean the front office) to lose sight of what this is. It’s kinda fun that we can enjoy watching them play and feel like there’s some point to it. But they need to remember that it is not a good team. It’s probably not even a decent team. We’re having fun vying to be the best of 4 very indecent teams — but we are FAR off from belonging on the field with actual contenders. We need to proceed accordingly. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Afraid there’s going to be a bit of a rude awakening next week. Pittsburgh is overrated, and has to be the weakest 10-0 team in history (pretty nice criticism if you have to receive any) — but they’re much better than us, and their defense is gonna eat our offense up, I think. 

But it is so perfect.  Washington needs to face, not just a good team, but a real contender in order to get them ready for this playoff run.  We are gonna take it on the chin next week, but it is about the weeks after that.

On 11/27/2020 at 12:42 AM, offbyone said:

But it is so perfect.  Washington needs to face, not just a good team, but a real contender in order to get them ready for this playoff run.  We are gonna take it on the chin next week, but it is about the weeks after that.

I think we’re just not complete enough but what we have could give them hell. So we will see I just want to see if we look like we belong I want our young guys to keep showing they can play. If they can be humble but stay focused on winning their rep each play and do their job maybe just maybe we could be there twards the end that would be really cool!!! I don’t need a win to feel like we should feel good next week!!! But if I’m Ron I’m showing the players how bad of a dog we are. If I’m Ron I’m showing each players matchup and breaking down each of their players and the fact that nobody thinks we belong on that field. I want to see what the young players have. See if we can keep growing in the system