1st Playoff Committee Rankings

naptownskinsfan

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

But to seriously say any other year tOSU would be on the outside looking in is just dumb. If this was any other year and they finished undefeated they would be in the playoffs with no doubts. I’m not trying to defend tOSU, just think it’s a silly statement. It’s not like the committee is liking Ohio State and no else is. Computer stuff likes them too. 

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

sagarin has Ohio St #2. It rates their schedule as being harder than Clemson And Notre Dame. Also Ohio Stste and Bama are the only teams to be undefeated against teams rated in their top30 who has played more than 2 games vs top30 teams. 

You are seeing what you want to see bones. It’s more layered than that, we have seen them play six games, several of which they have shown some real deficiencies. In most years, there are teams chomping at the bit for that fourth spot. This year, you have two teams that are no-brainers in Alabama and Clemson and then you have some teams that look very human. You have a team in Notre Dame that got stomped yesterday in a play-in game and could still be in the playoffs. 

Ohio State is as talented as any of these teams at the top but they haven’t played to that level. They won the conference, didn’t lose any games, and they are obviously going to be among the top four teams. Hoping for the best but they aren’t going to look good on the national stage if they don’t play their best football of the season.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I think it's more the fact that they only played in 6 games the entire year.  Meanwhile, the rest of the top 10 played in at least 8 games and as many as 10 games.

Yeah I understand that but they did what they had to do.

this comes down to the committee and their lack of criteria. It has been an issues since day one of the so called playoffs  

they should have stated this year what a base line criteria to get into the playoffs. It’s not like Ohio Stste say back and Only wanted to play 6 games. Hell if it wasn’t for the program the Big10 wouldn’t have even played this year cause of their dumb commissioner. 

mainly this is on the NCAA. If they come out and say they wouldn’t qualify for the playoffs Because of a lack of games. Big10 would have been a mess because I would say all the key players would not have opted in or would have saw more players opted out. 

This again just shows who had this whole playoff committee stuff is. Every year there has been an issue with how they select teams be used they don’t have a set criteria. They move their goal posts every year. They truly need to expand to 8teAms. Every major P5 champ gets into and if a g5 program Is top10/15 they get in and than have wildcard/at Bids. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

I just had to segregate this part of the post because the irony made me laugh. 

Not trying to defend but make a point but again if you want to make dumb statements like any other typical season an undefeated Ohio state would be on the outside looking in, go right ahead. Not like I was basing it on pure opinion, did use one of the major computer points system to back up my statement. You can be a Debbie downer about yesterday’s game and be all woe is me our program isn’t mentality. This just isn’t Ohio states fault. This is the committee and the NCAA. They made this horrible bed, now they must lay in it. Let this be the moment they expand this to 8 teams and actually create a legit criteria in stone that forms the playoffs

11 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You are seeing what you want to see bones. It’s more layered than that, we have seen them play six games, several of which they have shown some real deficiencies. In most years, there are teams chomping at the bit for that fourth spot. This year, you have two teams that are no-brainers in Alabama and Clemson and then you have some teams that look very human. You have a team in Notre Dame that got stomped yesterday in a play-in game and could still be in the playoffs. 

Ohio State is as talented as any of these teams at the top but they haven’t played to that level. They won the conference, didn’t lose any games, and they are obviously going to be among the top four teams. Hoping for the best but they aren’t going to look good on the national stage if they don’t play their best football of the season.

Why does Notre Dame deserve a spot tho. They beat down a very weak ACC and their only true win was barely beating a Clemson team at home with out Lawrence. We got to see a 100% Clemson vs them and They spank ND. Showing their big win was more of a fluke. 

Yeah tOSU didn’t play their best ball yesterday and it was still a history run performance. They have played 3 games in the past 3 weeks and had to trot out different groups of starters for it. 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah I understand that but they did what they had to do.

this comes down to the committee and their lack of criteria. It has been an issues since day one of the so called playoffs  

they should have stated this year what a base line criteria to get into the playoffs. It’s not like Ohio Stste say back and Only wanted to play 6 games. Hell if it wasn’t for the program the Big10 wouldn’t have even played this year cause of their dumb commissioner. 

I'm not disagreeing with any of this.  But it sets a really bad precedent that you only need to win X amount of games.  It used to be 6 games were needed to be eligible for a bowl, and now it's 6 games (including the conference championship) to make the playoffs.  I get both sides of the argument.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not disagreeing with any of this.  But it sets a really bad precedent that you only need to win X amount of games.  It used to be 6 games were needed to be eligible for a bowl, and now it's 6 games (including the conference championship) to make the playoffs.  I get both sides of the argument.

are we surprised by it? they have had bad precedents since the first playoffs. One year they say you have to be pretty much a conference champ, next years its all about the eye test, and etc and etc. They thought this was better than the BCS when it hasnt. Hopefully this forces a change for the future of the playoffs. Hell they should have just announced that this year, we are going to allow 8 teams to make up for the weird scheduling.

It be great if they didnt select Ohio State, so it comes back on Kevin Warren and how bad of a commish he has been and how his actions screwed over their top team and trickled down and screwed over the entire conference.  

27 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Buno is being homerish and you’re being too critical. Ryan Day called the worst game of his career yesterday.

The team is fine. Hopefully the Big 10s covid rules don’t apply for the playoffs.

Edited by candyman93