Thanksgiving Special - Game 1: Lions (4-6) vs Texans (3-7)

Bearerofnews

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

He’s best used as a receiver which isn’t Watson’s style. As a runner, Duke has never been more than replacement level in the NFL. In the right scheme he’s ideally COP receiver, 3rd down guy (though am unsure of his ability in pass pro).

He had a really nice blitz pickup earlier in the game. I'd definitely take him as a third down back, especially if he really can pass pro some

Just now, Forge said:

Both teams are currently picking ahead of the niners...I feel like I want detroit to win because I think houston is the better team and may be more likely to win other games

Houston doesn’t have its first round pick. And tanking is for losers. Imagine Giants fans thinking we tanked for Andrew Thomas instead of taking Wirfs or Becton.

1 minute ago, MD4L said:

Houston doesn’t have its first round pick. And tanking is for losers. Imagine Giants fans thinking we tanked for Andrew Thomas instead of taking Wirfs or Becton.

Houston owning the pick is inconsequential. The pick still exists which impacts the niners draft slot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Houston owning the pick is inconsequential. The pick still exists which impacts the niners draft slot

Reiterates the good teams will find the great players. Scrub teams will tank and pick again in a high spot next year. 

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Reiterates the good teams will find the great players. Scrub teams will tank and pick again in a high spot next year. 

That's not his point at all 

He is hoping the niners get a higher pick 

His rooting interest has no barring on the actual results 

Niners FO seems really competent and we are most likely going to be looking for a QB 

So a higher pick absolutely helps us more than maybe some other teams in our current range 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Also, wouldnt you agree that a "good team" with a high pick would have an easier time finding "great players" rather than a "good team" with a low draft pick? Lol 

• Like 1