Road to the Playoffs

THESKINSFAN21

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Hahahah are you really going to do this? We argued multiple times about this when Jones was drafted and when they handed him the starting spot. Moving on from Alf was one of the dumbest things Gruden did. Just stupid. McGloughan as well. 

Well for one, I never EVER liked the selection of Matt Jones! I didn’t like trading down and passing on guys at the top of the 3rd like Tyler a Lockett and look at him now! Unbelievable a supposed great talent evaluator like Scot McCloughan passed on Tyler Lockett.

As for the rest, you’re taking things I said out of context.

I never once said I didn’t want Alfred Morris on this team, never once.

Once Morris was gone I said they should’ve kept him, I always said that. I said that in March of 2016 up until even today. 

I said that Scot McCloughan drafted Matt Jones so he wanted Jones to be played over Alfred Morris and McCloughan wanted Jones to be the guy moving forward - something I don’t think Gruden ever believed in but McCloughan made the offseason roster decisions/draft/FA acquisitions in 2015 & 2016.

I don’t think Gruden ever believed in Matt Jones which is why Jones was quickly replaced for Robert Kelley an udfa by Gruden when Jones wouldn’t stop fumbling.

The only thing I said about Matt Jones - which again you are taking out of context - is that in 2016, after we had drafted him, he was already here and we should give him a chance and based off his talent and what he did in some games in 2015 I could see him projecting out to be better than what you were saying.

I never once said I didn’t want Alfred Morris to be retained after 2015 or that I wanted Morris to be replaced by Matt Jones. You can go and search for a quote of me saying that but you won’t find it.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, I am absolutely shocked that a Colt McCoy Giants led 4-7 team went into Seattle in won. If you’re not shocked by that you’re an incredibly optimistic fan.

Shocking.  Although I wouldn't exactly say mccoy was the reason for their win.

For us this means that if we want the division we are going to have to play at a level where we actually earn it and beat good teams.

11 hours ago, offbyone said:

Shocking.  Although I wouldn't exactly say mccoy was the reason for their win.

For us this means that if we want the division we are going to have to play at a level where we actually earn it and beat good teams.

Agreed, but he was still the QB. He didn’t lose them the game, sometimes QBs make bonehead plays/turnovers that cost their team wins, Colt didn’t do that.

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I sure wish Riverboat had kicked that damn extra point . 

Don’t worry, the young team learned a lot by that experience *sarcasm* and we got to see that Kyle Allen was worse in that situation than Dwayne Haskins, but I’m sure that Ron & Scotty Turner wouldn’t agree with me there.

15 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, I am absolutely shocked that a Colt McCoy Giants led 4-7 team went into Seattle in won. If you’re not shocked by that you’re an incredibly optimistic fan.

That was not the question. You said you would be shocked if who ever wins the NFC East beats the teams you listed, one of those teams was the Seahawks. If the Giants could beat the Seahawks with out Daniel Jones why would it be shocking for them to beat them again with Daniel Jones while playing at home?

2 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

That was not the question. You said you would be shocked if who ever wins the NFC East beats the teams you listed, one of those teams was the Seahawks. If the Giants could beat the Seahawks with out Daniel Jones why would it be shocking for them to beat them again with Daniel Jones while playing at home?

Dude, I’d be shocked either way and I am shocked. The reason is obvious, I think the teams in our division suck and are amongst the 10 worst in football - ALL OF THEM!

I’m not sure what you want me to say, but that’s how I feel.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Dude, I’d be shocked either way and I am shocked. The reason is obvious, I think the teams in our division suck and are amongst the 10 worst in football - ALL OF THEM!

I’m not sure what you want me to say, but that’s how I feel.

I have seen too much growth from the Giants to put them in the suck category any more. If they continue to progress as they have perhaps in time you will be able to admit they don't suck.

3 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

I have seen too much growth from the Giants to put them in the suck category any more. If they continue to progress as they have perhaps in time you will be able to admit they don't suck.

Which leads me back to my answer and why I’m shocked! I just am, that’s how I feel. That’s my final answer.

56 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

You guys know there's receipts on this stuff right for those of you saying you didn't like the Matt Jones pick?

I have no idea what you mean by “receipts?”

I don’t remember anyone saying they liked the Matt Jones pick. That’s the one pick in the 2015 draft that McCloughan was crucified over and those who hated it were right about it. Especially those of you like Lavar who didn’t even think there was a point in giving Jones a chance bc he’d never improve his vision or fumbling issues.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I have no idea what you mean by “receipts?”

I don’t remember anyone saying they liked the Matt Jones pick. That’s the one pick in the 2015 draft that McCloughan was crucified over and those who hated it were right about it. Especially those of you like Lavar who didn’t even think there was a point in giving Jones a chance bc he’d never improve his vision or fumbling issues.

Proof. Like if you go into the old forum, you can see who didn't hate the pick. I went back to look to see what I said.

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Proof. Like if you go into the old forum, you can see who didn't hate the pick. I went back to look to see what I said.

Oh ok. I thought that’s what you meant. Just curious, did you see anyone who liked that pick? I universally remember it being hated by the forum. The only person who I remember liking it at all was McCloughan himself. 😂 

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Oh ok. I thought that’s what you meant. Just curious, did you see anyone who liked that pick? I universally remember it being hated by the forum. The only person who I remember liking it at all was McCloughan himself. 😂 

There are a couple tbh. People saw him as a reached Alfred Morris clone. A certain Gators fan loved it. You listed three RBs you preferred though, and let's just say ... they sucked too ;). The players some other people listed they wanted, suck too, so all in all we all blew the pick (I can't find anyone actually saying they wanted Lockett). Names mentioned were Heuerman, a certain former mod wanting Garrett Grayson, and two DEs I never heard of. 

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

There are a couple tbh. People saw him as a reached Alfred Morris clone. A certain Gators fan loved it. You listed three RBs you preferred though, and let's just say ... they sucked too ;). The players some other people listed they wanted, suck too, so all in all we all blew the pick (I can't find anyone actually saying they wanted Lockett). Names mentioned were Heuerman, a certain former mod wanting Garrett Grayson, and two DEs I never heard of. 

Sounds about right from what I remember. Yeah, I can’t remember anyone saying they wanted Lockett. Or, anyone thinking that they wanted Lockett so bad in that draft and being able to project he’d be what he is now. I remember kind of liking him, but bc of the WRs we already had, WR wasn’t high on my list of things I wanted in the first few rounds of that draft.