Road to the Playoffs

THESKINSFAN21

Well, they're all in now.

And to be fair, the remaining schedule doesn't look as daunting as it did a month or so ago. So, why the eff not?

They've already played yourself out of the top draft positions so time to go for broke. They still won't go far in the playoffs (maybe get lucky and get past the wild card round (but it is Seattle ... irk), but they won't go further.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Woz said:

And to be fair, the remaining schedule doesn't look as daunting as it did a month or so ago. So, why the eff not?

They've already played yourself out of the top draft positions so time to go for broke. They still won't go far in the playoffs (maybe get lucky and get past the wild card round (but it is Seattle ... irk), but they won't go further.

You Got It Yes GIF by NETFLIX

12 hours ago, Woz said:

It's ok to root for the team you love.... the water is warm join the pool party!!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Wasn't sure where to put this, but figured you'd like this even though I don't think Jay is popular around these parts.

I don’t think Jay is necessarily unpopular, it just didn’t work out. It was more Brice Allen who was hated. Thanks for that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

Jay gruden did well consider he had to deal with allen

That’s how I feel and McCloughan had an awful 2016 offseason where he let Alfred Morris go, and drafted Doctson over Michael Thomas, Chris Jones, Kenny Clark, Jarran Reed and McCloughan drafted Sua Cravens over Deion Jones & Kevin Byard.

Then obviously Gruden was his worst enemy with his defensive coordinator choices in Joe Barry & Manusky. Passing on Wade Phillips - and basically humiliating one of the best defensive coaches in NFL history is a black eye that Gruden will never live down. He also could’ve hired Gus Bradley or MikePettine but chose to just promote Manusky. Dumb decisions which almost assuredly cost Washington some wins from 2015-2019.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2020 at 1:27 AM, mar29020 said:

Jay gruden did well consider he had to deal with allen

On 12/10/2020 at 7:23 AM, turtle28 said:

That’s how I feel and McCloughan had an awful 2016 offseason where he let Alfred Morris go, and drafted Doctson over Michael Thomas, Chris Jones, Kenny Clark, Jarran Reed and McCloughan drafted Sua Cravens over Deion Jones & Kevin Byard.

Then obviously Gruden was his worst enemy with his defensive coordinator choices in Joe Barry & Manusky. Passing on Wade Phillips - and basically humiliating one of the best defensive coaches in NFL history is a black eye that Gruden will never live down. He also could’ve hired Gus Bradley or MikePettine but chose to just promote Manusky. Dumb decisions which almost assuredly cost Washington some wins from 2015-2019.

Given how Jacksonville's offense looks, I wonder how much Dalton and Cousins covered for Jay. Yes, I know they're bereft of talent, but they look BAD down there.

45 minutes ago, Woz said:

Given how Jacksonville's offense looks, I wonder how much Dalton and Cousins covered for Jay. Yes, I know they're bereft of talent, but they look BAD down there.

Well it’s definitely true if you don’t have a QB you generally don’t have a good offense. Just look at 2014 Redskins vs 2015-2018 when Alex got hurt, and 2018 post Alex injury until Alex returned for the injuries Kyle Allen in the Giants game.

Also, look at the Bengals w/o Dalton & Burrow. Not good.

I also don’t know why in the hell Garder Minshew got benched, he’s clearly the best QB the Jags have. He’s been out in today and he drove them down the field for a TD.

Edited by turtle28