Week 13 - Around the NFL

WizardHawk

22 minutes ago, D82 said:

So do we have any definitive answer on what the cap is going to be next year? I feel like the league could borrow from 2022 to adjust the number like they did before the most recent CBA was signed. 

Nope. Guessing it’s going to be a work in progress the next couple years.
I did see Fauci said NFL attendance was within reach for 2021, which should help the cause. I’ll believe it when I see it, but at least it’s something positive moving forward.

31 minutes ago, D82 said:

So do we have any definitive answer on what the cap is going to be next year? I feel like the league could borrow from 2022 to adjust the number like they did before the most recent CBA was signed. 

Technically individual teams can already do this with restructures. That's probably the main argument against this kind of measure.

I think it'll be the projected $175M or marginally higher. I'm sure there's a tacit agreement amongst owners in the vein of "yeah, we're dumping our bad contracts and eating dead cap this year, veterans can eat dirt." No different from the "spirit of the salary cap" BS in the supposedly uncapped 2010 offseason.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

Nope. Guessing it’s going to be a work in progress the next couple years.
I did see Fauci said NFL attendance was within reach for 2021, which should help the cause. I’ll believe it when I see it, but at least it’s something positive moving forward.

I mean, that would be a plus. I really hope things get back to normal relatively soon. Hopefully this vaccine is effective and starts cutting down numbers. 

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Technically individual teams can already do this with restructures. That's probably the main argument against this kind of measure.

I think it'll be the projected $175M or marginally higher. I'm sure there's a tacit agreement amongst owners in the vein of "yeah, we're dumping our bad contracts and eating dead cap this year, veterans can eat dirt." No different from the "spirit of the salary cap" BS in the supposedly uncapped 2010 offseason.

Fair. I definitely feel for teams like Philly and New Orleans. Going to have a lot of finagling to do.

lmao. The Jets boned the last play of the game on defense. Snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

And, Mike Glennon just threw a pick for the Jags in OT. Ninny has the ball inside the 50.  Dan Bailey is gonna break our hearts.

Edited by WizardHawk

41 minutes ago, D82 said:

I feel sorry for Herbert...Chargers are going to waste yet another QB. 

I don’t think Anthony Lynn will be around to see that thru. 

43 minutes ago, D82 said:

Chicago needs a QB...why they felt Trubisky was worth another shot is beyond me.

Think they’ll ante up another mess of picks to move up?