2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Bouknight is definitely a more developed offensive player but he's more of a volume scorer than an efficient one. He reminds me a lot of Jordan Clarkson, high volume scorer, streaky 3 point shooter, pretty much a non-playmaker in terms of creating for others. Bouknight shot 29% from 3 last season and only averaged 1.8 assists while also averaging 2.8 turnovers. At 6'4" 190 with a 6'8" wingspan he has good, not great size for the two guard spot, and projects as an average defender. 

if someone's making a crazy take about a player, they're probably famaliar with the most surface level details of that player 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

if someone's making a crazy take about a player, they're probably famaliar with the most surface level details of that player 

Bouknight is legitimately Jordan Clarkson reincarnated. 

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Why is everyone a Jordan Clarkson clone to you?

if you're a bucket getter, you're jordan clarkson. if you're an elite athlete that was in a role that made you inefficient in college, you're donovan mitchell. if you're a long-span big you're rudy gobert. if you're an unathletic lunch pail guy that's white, you're joe ingles. 

8 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Why is everyone a Jordan Clarkson clone to you?

Inefficient gunners with streaky jumpers that don’t play create for others, score at an efficient clip, or play defense don’t seem to that hard to find. Herro has more play making potential than Clarkson. But Bouknight will be a similar player in the league unless he really improves as a shooter, passer, ball handler, and defender. 

7 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

if you're a bucket getter, you're jordan clarkson. if you're an elite athlete that was in a role that made you inefficient in college, you're donovan mitchell. if you're a long-span big you're rudy gobert. if you're an unathletic lunch pail guy that's white, you're joe ingles. 

If you’re going to suck in the NBA, you get drafted by the Orlando magic 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Your point adds to mine. Bad teams think they can build a contender by remaining bad for a few years to acquire a collection of lottery talent that can develop into a contending team. But when you look at the 4 teams remaining only one of their lineups consists primarily of former lottery picks, and they only drafted two (Bridges was drafted by Philly then traded to Phoenix) of those guys. 

So while everyone is always so focused on the draft, particularly high picks, as the primary means to building a team. This years ECF/WCF teams is the perfect example that most contending teams are able to hit on later picks or find gems via trades that need to be developed or are being dumped for salary purposes. 

I'm still not even sure what your point is.  If the point is that you largely had players made out of FRPs, that's not really a crazy concept.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I'm still not even sure what your point is.  If the point is that you largely had players made out of FRPs, that's not really a crazy concept.

My point was that the Magic, Thunder, and Cavs fans think that they’re going to build a contender by tanking and building a core through with their lottery picks. But the Suns are the only team that’s still playing who’s 2 best players were guys they actually drafted in the lottery. 

8 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

if you're an elite athlete that was in a role that made you inefficient in college, you're donovan mitchell. 

It's funny because Keon Johnson's considered inefficient and "raw" when he actually scored at basically the same clip as Bouknight being two years younger against much better competition. But we've seen it time and time again with these athletic freaks like Mitchell, Westbrook, LaVine, etc. who are overlooked as prospects because they're raw and then become beasts in the NBA. While guys who win with skill in college but are average athletes by NBA standards become role players. 

3 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I forgot he was in the draft.  He might be a nice option for a team later in round 1

I was hoping he'd be there at #30 but doubt it happens now, he'd be a nice pick for you guys at 23/24.