2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Looking at prospects we could potentially land at #30, the only two that I think could be instant rotational guys for us are Ayo Dosunmu or Trey Murphy but I don't think either guy makes it that far down the board. Seems like Murphy got a 1st round promise after his combine performance because he was considering going back to school but just hired an agent earlier today. 

So if we keep the pick and those two guys are off the board I'm on the Josh Primo hype train. He's the youngest player in the class, 6'5" 190 two guard with a 6'10" wingspan and pretty shooting mechanics. Probably a couple of years away but I like his upside at the end of the first round, could be a lottery pick if he returns to school.

Bones Hyland

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Bones Hyland

I like Bones as well just think he'll be off the board before we pick. Also with him being better suited to be in a scoring role off the bench think he'd be somewhat redundant with Clarkson but I love his upside. 

ETA: Funny enough in ESPN's latest mock draft they have us taking him.

Edited by NYRaider

31 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Bones as well just think he'll be off the board before we pick. Also with him being better suited to be in a scoring role off the bench think he'd be somewhat redundant with Clarkson but I love his upside. 

ETA: Funny enough in ESPN's latest mock draft they have us taking him.

You think he goes before pick 30?  I haven't seen any mocks with him going in the 1st round.  

42 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

draft express did a 2nd mock.  he has the rockets taking green at 2, tre mann at 23 and ziare williams at 24.  man oh man that would be a perfect haul.

He has Moses Moody falling all the way to #18, I don't think he gets out of the lottery. And if he does can't see anyway that Memphis passes on him at #17, especially for another big. @seminoles1

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

interesting.  thought for sure he would stay in the draft based off his tourny performance. 

Reportedly looked terrible during the scrimmages. If he goes back to school he can move into the end of the first round next year. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reportedly looked terrible during the scrimmages. If he goes back to school he can move into the end of the first round next year. 

It's actually refreshing to here something like this in draft season, where seemingly everyone crushes their workout and 2-3 dozen guys are moving into the middle of the first round.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

It's actually refreshing to here something like this in draft season, where seemingly everyone crushes their workout and 2-3 dozen guys are moving into the middle of the first round.

This year will be interesting because after the top like 6 prospects it's a crap shoot. And scouts didn't get to see a lot of these guys play in person this season due to covid. I think on draft night we'll see a lot of guys go a lot higher and a lot lower then they're being mocked.