2021 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If I'm Toronto I'd need more than Wiseman and #7 for Siakam. I'd ask for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7, and possibly #14.

You would have to make the salaries work but I doubt Toronto gets a better offer than that one for Siakam. 

It would have to be Wiggins, Wiseman and #7 at least IMO. Need the Wiggins contract to make it work. He's also Canadian so there's a chance the Raptors could capitalize on that.

Wiggins, Wiseman, #7 and maybe #14 to Toronto for Siakam and Baynes

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You would have to make the salaries work but I doubt Toronto gets a better offer than that one for Siakam. 

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

It would have to be Wiggins, Wiseman and #7 at least IMO. Need the Wiggins contract to make it work. He's also Canadian so there's a chance the Raptors could capitalize on that.

If the Warriors were to include Oubre in a S&T to Toronto they could keep Wiggins. So it'd be Oubre, Wiseman, #7 for Siakam. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If the Warriors were to include Oubre in a S&T to Toronto they could keep Wiggins. So it'd be Oubre, Wiseman, #7 for Siakam. 

That is if they want Oubre and he wants to go there. 

More likely it is Wiggins to make the salaries match. 

14 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'd take that deal but would prefer not to give up #14. Use that #14 to go some shooting help. 

22 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That is if they want Oubre and he wants to go there. 

More likely it is Wiggins to make the salaries match. 

I'd take that deal but would prefer not to give up #14. Use that #14 to go some shooting help. 

That's true and because the draft is before free agency it might be difficult to make that work.

Wiggins + Wiseman + 7 probably gets a deal done, in that scenario do the Warriors bring back Oubre?

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That's true and because the draft is before free agency it might be difficult to make that work.

Wiggins + Wiseman + 7 probably gets a deal done, in that scenario do the Warriors bring back Oubre?

Not sure to be honest, but he can be solid off the bench. But are you paying someone over 10M for that role? Eh.

I feel like this would have to be a three team trade to bring in an additional player to the Warriors. I like Baynes but another rotational player would make this trade perfect. 

If Toronto were to trade Siakam for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7 they'd have a pretty solid young core. Probably resign Gary Trent Jr then target Jalen Suggs at #4 and Keon Johnson at #7. 

PG - FVV | Flynn

SG - Suggs | Trent Jr | Johnson

SF - Wiggins | Hood

PF - OG | Boucher 

C - Wiseman | Baynes

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not sure to be honest, but he can be solid off the bench. But are you paying someone over 10M for that role? Eh.

I feel like this would have to be a three team trade to bring in an additional player to the Warriors. I like Baynes but another rotational player would make this trade perfect. 

Gary Trent Jr if the Warriors include #14 as well but I believe he's a restricted free agent.

Would the Warriors be interested in something liek this:

Jeremi Grant
Mason Plumlee
Cory Joseph
Jalil Okafor

for 

Andrew Wiggins
James Wiseman

Would line up salary wise, which is why Okafor and Joseph have to be included.  I would be fine finding a way to do it without Wiggins but would be tougher salary wise.  

33 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Jeremi Grant
Mason Plumlee
Cory Joseph
Jalil Okafor

for 

Andrew Wiggins
James Wiseman

Would line up salary wise, which is why Okafor and Joseph have to be included.  I would be fine finding a way to do it without Wiggins but would be tougher salary wise.  

Grant is getting a tad bitter overrated IMO.  People looking at the numbers he had but it was on a bad team. His PER was 16.98. No way I trade Wiseman, Wiggins and 7 for a package centered around him. 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Grant is getting a tad bitter overrated IMO.  People looking at the numbers he had but it was on a bad team. His PER was 16.98. No way I trade Wiggins and 7 for a package centered around him. 

I know he is overrated somewhat but he is still a plus player on a great contract for the next two years and Plumlee is a positive as well as a role player on a team that will have plenty of mouths to feed.  I would gladly do something around Wiseman alone and pick 7 or the picks but just seeing where the value is on him and trying to make it work financially.  

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Toronto were to trade Siakam for Wiggins, Wiseman, #7 they'd have a pretty solid young core. Probably resign Gary Trent Jr then target Jalen Suggs at #4 and Keon Johnson at #7. 

PG - FVV | Flynn

SG - Suggs | Trent Jr | Johnson

SF - Wiggins | Hood

PF - OG | Boucher 

C - Wiseman | Baynes

Birch instead of Baynes as the back-up big

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Jeremi Grant
Mason Plumlee
Cory Joseph
Jalil Okafor

for 

Andrew Wiggins
James Wiseman

Honestly, I like Grant and think he's definitely a plus player when not relied upon as the #1 or #2 option, but that is still too rich for me. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Honestly, I like Grant and think he's definitely a plus player when not relied upon as the #1 or #2 option, but that is still too rich for me. 

yeah when you trade a package like that, you should get back an all star level player. 

Edited by Texansfan713