Russell Westbrook traded to Wizards for John Wall and 1st Rd pick

TheRealMcCoy

12 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

There is no way.  Maybe "since 2010", or something like that, but Wade and TMac have done it, in my lifetime as a fan.  I'd imagine more guys did it in the 80's and sooner, when the game was played more in the open court.  Jerry West, Bernard King, David Thompson probably.  Dominique never averaged 30+?  Gervin, Dantley.   

In the league, as in, in the NBA right now. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

How?  Like, at all?  Westbrook has a league MVP.  What prime has Wall ever had that got close to that?  Wall's best achievement was one time making 3rd team all nba.  

Westbrook was a key piece on a team that made the finals and a team that was one game away from beating the Warriors to make a 2nd NBA finals the year before Durant left. Has Wall ever even won a playoff series? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Honestly this is like the most meaningless blockbuster trade in NBA history. 

It’s like trading five $1 bills for a $5 bill because the $5 feels lighter in your pocket 

Washington got significantly better in the East, Houston likely got significantly worse. 

53 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Westbrook was a key piece on a team that made the finals and a team that was one game away from beating the Warriors to make a 2nd NBA finals the year before Durant left. Has Wall ever even won a playoff series? 

Westbrook has won zero (0) playoff series as the lead dawg lol. Wall has won quite a few! Even taking the JV conference into account in this comparison, Wall's playoff record is pretty impressive

My comment was a bit brash, perhaps, I don't feel super strongly about it. But I have always liked Wall's game more than Westbrook's 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think they won 3 series with Wall but never made it to the Conference Finals.