Russell Westbrook traded to Wizards for John Wall and 1st Rd pick

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Westbrook is better than Wall. It's not even really close at this point. He was a bad fit with Harden (oh man who saw that coming) but so is Wall and he's...worse. Rockets aren't a threat to anything but a playoff spot and an early exit at this point. 

nobody is denying Westbrook is the better player. my post is strictly saying harden has carried an entire team to the playoffs by himself.  this trade doesn't "hurt" the rockets.  rockets would be the same with/without wall.  For the record, I don't think the Rockets were going to be legit contenders even if they kept Westbrook.

Edited by Texansfan713

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Beal and Lillard are the only players in the league to average 30+ ppg and not win an MVP award. I think Westbrook fits better with Beal than he did with Harden. Not to mention he'll get to play for Scott Brooks again who was his coach during at the start of his career in OKC. I don't like the Wizards depth but I think they have some interesting pieces and should be pretty competitive in the Eastern Conference. 

Westbrook would fit better with anyone than Harden. That's two of the most ball dominant players in the league who don't play off ball. Beal was a #2 to Wall for years, they are far more compatible. 

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

Westbrook is better than Wall. It's not even really close at this point. He was a bad fit with Harden (oh man who saw that coming) but so is Wall and he's...worse. Rockets aren't a threat to anything but a playoff spot and an early exit at this point. 

I mean this can be true and the Rockets can still be the same or better off. Harden/Westbrook is a WOAT fit and the team probably would've been as good or better without Russ at all. Even going from WOAT to bad fit could close the talent gap a lot. Obviously Wall needs to have something left for this to matter.

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

nobody is denying Westbrook is the better player. my post is strictly saying harden has carried an entire team to the playoffs by himself.  this trade doesn't "hurt" the rockets.  rockets would be the same with/without wall.  For the record, I don't think the Rockets were going to be legit contenders even if they kept Westbrook.

I just don't get the Wall move. I still think Harden will want out after this year when the Rockets struggle in the playoffs. He knows that team isn't contending and is financially strapped with zero picks, they're sitting ducks. He'll demand a trade this off-season.

12 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Just glad it hurts a playoff team in the west.  Wall is basically a much slower version of Westbrook at this point. 

Wall has always been more of a true PG, but yeah I can still see this going wrong and the Rockets bottoming out 

i like it for the Wiz. obviously with the caveat that the East is the JV conference

huge question mark for the rockets, obviously. Wall was a better player in his prime, but just haven't seen him in 2 years. Wiz know more about him than anyone else and moved on 

since harden has been on the rockets every team in the nba has missed the playoffs, except the rockets

harden is the best reg szn player in the nba for like the last 5 years, they'll get a home court playoff seeding

wall will be better than westbrook in the playoffs because he can shoot a little better and won't be an insane person 

tho westbrook is most likely way better than wall in the reg szn

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wall
Harden/Nwaba
Tucker/Gordon
Wood/House
Cousins

I mean, they have like zero depth at point guard or at the big man position, but fully healthy (HUGE ASTERISK), that is probably a top 3 starting lineup in the league for next season (excluding teams with players out for the year such as GS).

Cousins won’t start. It will be 

Wall
Harden
gordon 
tucker
wood

cousins probably doesn’t make the roster. With wall/harden/Gordon, I’m not worried about pg depth. 

Just now, Pastor Dillon said:

Wall
Harden
gordon 
tucker
wood

cousins probably doesn’t make the roster. With wall/harden/Gordon, I’m not worried about pg depth. 

HIGHLY doubt Cousins doesn't stay on the team, especially with you guys trading for Wall (one of his best friends). With the league moving back to more traditional lineups and you guys going away from D'Antoni, think it's only a matter of time before you see Cousins in the starting lineup (IF healthy). But yeah, I can see them starting the year with your proposed lineup if Cousins doesn't look impressive in camp.

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Wall
Harden
gordon 
tucker
wood

i kinda am.  i think we need to get a ball handling PG off the bench.  That's why I wish we could have resigned Rivers.

18 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Wall
Harden/Nwaba
Tucker/Gordon
Wood/House
Cousins

I mean, they have like zero depth at point guard or at the big man position, but fully healthy (HUGE ASTERISK), that is probably a top 3 starting lineup in the league for next season (excluding teams with players out for the year such as GS).

Do you think its 2016?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

IIRC Beal and Lillard are the only players in the league to average 30+ ppg and not win an MVP award. I think Westbrook fits better with Beal than he did with Harden. Not to mention he'll get to play for Scott Brooks again who was his coach during at the start of his career in OKC. I don't like the Wizards depth but I think they have some interesting pieces and should be pretty competitive in the Eastern Conference. 

There is no way.  Maybe "since 2010", or something like that, but Wade and TMac have done it, in my lifetime as a fan.  I'd imagine more guys did it in the 80's and sooner, when the game was played more in the open court.  Jerry West, Bernard King, David Thompson probably.  Dominique never averaged 30+?  Gervin, Dantley.   

Edit:  I'm thinking my comprehension was lacking.  Read over in the league like it was meaning league history.  That probably is correct, if it's meaning of guys currently in the league.  I can't think of anybody else?  'Melos scoring title wasn't over 30.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21