2020 GDT Week #13 Steelers vs.Football Team

Steeler Hitman

Just now, warfelg said:

I mean it’s not a loophole and not a new penalty. It’s delay of game and/or tough crap. 

Is it really a penalty when they often use a K ball? That’s why Alex took that ball, he knew a new one would be sent in. Why wasn’t it?

2 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

Is it really a penalty when they often use a K ball? That’s why Alex took that ball, he knew a new one would be sent in. Why wasn’t it?

Well the issue is they don’t always stop for the K-Ball, especially when the clock is winding. Keeping the ball like that is delay of game. I think it’s more no one really knew what was going on when he ran off with it and I bet they thought a K-Ball was coming. 

In reality it’s Smith causing confusion along with the Wash sideline/ball boys/refs not being properly prepared. 

My issue is effectively giving a TO and 8 seconds rather than calling it dead and getting a ball in there and whatever time is left is what’s left. 

1 minute ago, warfelg said:

My issue is effectively giving a TO and 8 seconds rather than calling it dead and getting a ball in there and whatever time is left is what’s left. 

For sure. But the way they explained it on the field and the way Dean covered it seems like there is nothing specific governing that occurrence. If there’s not, watching that it will be rectified in the offseason, if not on Wednesday. Yes taking the ball with you to delay is a penalty, but unless there is language in a space where a new ball is generally brought in...it’s just a vague space of interpretation. 

I imagine Bill Belichick just went...huh...