2020 GDT Week #13 Steelers vs.Football Team

Steeler Hitman

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I have really been thinking hoping for the opposite. Usually we get our butts kicked in a loss and then turn around the next week. I've never heard Tomlin sound like he did after that game Wednesday -- even the "unleash hell" speech was just words, not emotion. The four day turn around is the piece that kinda sucks, but also leaves the salt on the wounds a little longer. But I am hoping we come out on fire and try to get this one over with quickly. 

My view of Tomlin's motivation has always been that he views his players as grown men and that football is truly their job. Grown men shouldnt need motivation to do their job.....but 20'somethings do hear and read things. I think that's why we are flat when we are strongly favored (players believe the cake walk) and play up when the competition is strong. They have spent the last couple days hearing how overrated they are and Wednesday is the validation that opinion needs. After a lot of teams struggled yesterday, they have a prime time (kinda?) opportunity to shut that down. I think players stand up to that. 

....I hope players stand up to that....

Nevermind. 

1 minute ago, August4th said:

why are they calling a screen on 3rd and 15

Tough defense. Get some yards and trust the D. 

1 minute ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Our WRs really need to remember how to catch the ball

It’s one drop today at again an unusual time for these guys body clocks. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

It’s one drop today at again an unusual time for these guys body clocks. 

I don’t know, man. I don’t buy that. This is their job. As soon as the ball is kicked, you gotta be in the right mind set. Like I get it, but this isn’t high school where your concerned about your AP history test on a Thursday after a Wednesay game. This is it. This is your life. If your not ready, start considering bagging groceries. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

I don’t know, man. I don’t buy that. This is their job. As soon as the ball is kicked, you gotta be in the right mind set. Like I get it, but this isn’t high school where your concerned about your AP history test on a Thursday after a Wednesay game. This is it. This is your life. If your not ready, start considering bagging groceries. 

I don’t disagree with it but in season these guys body clocks are used to certain things. Playing on a Monday their body’s aren’t used to this time. I’m not saying it as an excuse. Just stating it.