Philip Rivers will have offseason foot surgey

Blackstar12

3 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

This may be the end of the line for Rivers. Not only because of this injury but he's been hired to coach his son's high school football team.

Yeah, he's likely done. I hate that he never got a ring...think his best shot was during that 2006 season. #ThanksMarlonMcRee 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, QBIso said:

Dude’s gotta retire, right? It wouldn’t have been shocking if he retired 3-4 years ago. He’s about toast. 

Rivers disrespect is ridiculous his stats were. 4385 yds 32 TDs 10 INTs 105.5 QBR. That’s better than most QBs career years lol.

Edited by Blackstar12
  • Like 10

44 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Rivers disrespect is ridiculous his stats were. 4385 yds 32 TDs 10 INTs 105.5 QBR. That’s better than most QBs career years lol.

I’m talking about age. He’s old AF. And now it’s apparent he’s lost a lot physically. Add in an injury and you’ve got yourself a retiree (IMO). 

5 minutes ago, QBIso said:

I’m talking about age. He’s old AF. And now it’s apparent he’s lost a lot physically. Add in an injury and you’ve got yourself a retiree (IMO). 

You implied he should have retired 3 years ago when he put up impressive stats. The rest of your points is irrelevant lol.

9 minutes ago, QBIso said:

5 years younger than Brady and younger than Brees (who has suffered injuries in each of the last two years). He's the 4th oldest QB (Schaub doesn't really count, but is older) and he's only a few months older than Big Ben...who also had a major injury last year. 

• Like 3

If Rivers wants to play and someone wanted to give him a shot, he's still competent enough all things considered. But I don't think he's the type that wants to come in and play on some super cheap 1 year deal to start. I mean, I don't know that the 49ers would lose anything moving on from Jimmy and replacing him with Rivers so I do think that he could keep playing, but Phillip probably wouldn't be willing to play for like 1 year, 10 million. He took 25 million this year. 

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

This may be the end of the line for Rivers. Not only because of this injury but he's been hired to coach his son's high school football team.

He’ll find a way to play next season if he could. The HS thing is basically on hold until he’s ready. 

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

You implied he should have retired 3 years ago when he put up impressive stats. The rest of your points is irrelevant lol.

I said it wouldn’t have been shocking if he retired. Same with Brady 3 years ago. Any time a QB is in their mid 30’s it means they could be done. Shouldn’t be that hard to comprehend what I said. 

18 minutes ago, QBIso said:

I said it wouldn’t have been shocking if he retired. Same with Brady 3 years ago. Any time a QB is in their mid 30’s it means they could be done. Shouldn’t be that hard to comprehend what I said. 

Again why would a QB in his mid 30s retire when he had a great season. Also mid 30s isn’t old for QBs when multiple of them are playing into 40s.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Again why would a QB in his mid 30s retire when he had a great season. Also mid 30s isn’t old for QBs when multiple of them are playing into 40s.

...would it be surprising for an old player to retire?

Whatevs. Dunno why I’m still on the semantics of this comment. Buh-bye.