Is Joe Judge A Legit COTY Candidate?

titwio

No. His team doesn’t have a winning record and the only reason the Giants are relevant is because they play in a crappy division. I’ll give them credit though for winning and playing hard despite not having Barkley and now Jones. The future looks bright for the Giants with Judge but I’ll give the COY to Brian Flores or Kevin Stefanski. 

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Assuming Pitt loses, I think it's Stefanski. Flores and Tomlin would be my runners up.

Like even if you take those three out of the picture, guys like Payton, Kingsbury, McDermott, Reich, Reid, McVay, LaFleur, Arians, and Vrabel all exist making this thread a special case of "lol wut, bro?"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Like even if you take those three out of the picture, guys like Payton, Kingsbury, McDermott, Reich, Reid, McVay, LaFleur, Arians, and Vrabel all exist making this thread a special case of "lol wut, bro?"

Yeah, but the majority of your list won't be considered because they're doing what they always do. COTY seems more reserved for the coach who pulls off the biggest turnaround or overachieves the most. Otherwise, Belichick would have won it the majority of the past decade plus.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Yeah, but the majority of your list won't be considered because they're doing what they always do. COTY seems more reserved for the coach who pulls off the biggest turnaround or overachieves the most. Otherwise, Belichick would have won it the majority of the past decade plus.

Granted yes but

I don't see Judge winning it over any of the guys I listed despite this.

24 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

This is honestly one of the more ridiculous threads I've seen on this site, at least in the last year. Kudos for that. lol

Ah you’re a Dolphins fan that hasn’t had a decent HC since maybe Don Shula. I get it,  Flores is doing great.  The season isn’t over and it was a question if he has a chance. Maybe less insecure posters will respond based on coaching and not due to the fact that it’s not their HC being mentioned, Boo Boo.

7 minutes ago, titwio said:

Ah you’re a Dolphins fan that hasn’t had a decent HC since maybe Don Shula. I get it,  Flores is doing great.  The season isn’t over and it was a question if he has a chance. Maybe less insecure posters will respond based on coaching and not due to the fact that it’s not their HC being mentioned, Boo Boo.

Pretty funny response considering most of the people in the thread were all pretty confident Judge wasn’t getting it...

17 minutes ago, titwio said:

1. I don't think Flores has a shot over Stefanski or Tomlin personally, nor do I care about such things

2. I answered your question, it seems you're projecting things onto me

3. I gave a list of like ten guys who would win it over Judge if the season ended today

4. You're coming off as very insecure. If you're happy with Judge, great. I hold no ill will over the Giants. They had a great win today but to call Judge a COTY candidate is laughable regardless of who your fanbase is. Frankly it takes a very deep Giants homer to even consider it.

5. Judge does seem promising so far, imo. But COTY? lol

2 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Pretty funny response considering most of the people in the thread were all pretty confident Judge wasn’t getting it...

All other posts were totally fine,  His was a tad bitter. Giants have one of the hardest remaining schedules left in the NFL so this is just food for discussion if they were to continue to win.

Based on the season as a whole so far? No. Based on the way he's had the Giants play for the past month? Yes. He has turned around the culture of a team with the worst total record in the NFL for the last three years. It takes time to see results, but he has them on a 4 game win streak, which few would've believed possible from the Giants. However, as much great work as he's done so far with the Giants, none of it will matter for this award if they finish with a losing record.

So right now I would say he's technically not a candidate, but of the Giants keep up the way they have for the last month, then he will absolutely be a legit candidate at the end of the season. 

Edited by w4rrior723